I DUMPED DATING - Choosing God's Best...Wisdom to Lifelong Romance

Ms.Honey

This is true. Thats why its a should. But im speaking in general terms. We dont live in a perfect world and there are no perfect Christians.

True but we should be striving to be a witness. Perfection in a non biblical sense is impossible to achieve but biblical expectation of perfection is. "Be ye perfect (perfected) as I am Perfect" says the Lord.

We shouldn't be still drinking milk when we have been saved long enough to be on meat. Some things we may take longer to allow God to deal with us on but it shouldn't be just about EVERYTHING. He leads us and guides us into ALL truth from the beginning.

Besides, folks get saved at different ages. We can't expect for a babe in Christ who's 45 to be virtuous as a mature Christian who's 25 is.

Last edited:

GV-NA-GI-TLV-GE-I

I am SUCH a fan of old traditional matchmaking... I really wonder why many modern Christian communities don't do this... as I've mentioned many times before, it's not coincidental that in communities where marriage is valued and where a community effort is used to help younger men and women marry, people get married.

When the community is hands off and has an "anything goes" approach, people don't get married.

And when people sit back and expect G-d to drop their beloved onto their doorsteps, they don't get married either.:spinning: It's a process.

Northern_Belle

I do believe that those who are believers in Christ should consider courtship or at least courtship like principles over traditional dating, I personally do not believe that God sends us a mate. He places people in our path when we are ready but ultimately we chose our partners. By inviting Christ into our relationships, He is able to be a guide to couples who are seeking marriage but He does not place people together.