I Ended my 9 Month Stretch! (PIC Heavy)

joytimes10

Hi All,
For all intent and purposes, I’m still a newbie. In my short time here, I’ve read just enough to be dangerous (so to speak). I joined the forum about 6 months into my stretch and by then I had done a lot of things wrong. I did my best to right the ship by establishing a moisture protein balance and finding the right products to cope w/ all the new growth. I flirted with the idea of transitioning but I’m not patient enough yet for that (pray for me J).
So, I ended my stretch on 4/14/09. My last relaxer was 6/27/08. I found an awesome stylist (native American male) who really knew what he was doing. I’ve said before in other post that I have stretched my relaxers all through my life b/c I hate the process of getting one. I generally end up with a burned and/or irritated scalp that is really uncomfortable for a couple weeks. Well, I had a great experience this time, no burning, no tingling, no post irritation. He used Paul Mitchell’s relaxer. He recommended texlaxing after getting into my new growth, and I was very happy b/c that’s what I was going to request.
I was not happy with my straggly, dead looking ends, so I had him trim 3 – 3 ½ inches all over. I was sad to lose all the progress I had picked up from my new growth but I was very happy to have a full, healthy head of hair. I can really set about working on keeping my hair healthy and growing to my goal of MBL.
So, I will include a reconstructer and add some yogurt to my DC to fortify my strands this next wash day to restore some strength and moisture and go from there. Here are some pics of my journey so far.

Flat Ironed 12/26/2008

New growth -8 months post

My radical trim after relaxer - This is my official starting point

Caramel Jewel

wow nine months...I waited that long before I BC'd and I lost a lot of hair (but I wasn't caring about the relaxed hair during the transition)....you did pretty well..your hair looks great and healthy...:)

Closeout

WOW!! Your hair is nice a thick!! It always sucks when you have to cut, but your ends are sooo nice and healthy now!!! Love it!!

countrychickd

Your hair is simply gorgeous! Love the texture of your new growth, and love the relaxed results! Just gorgeous! Keep up what you're doing because it's obviously working.

msa

Thanks so much. Girl, don't start me lying. I think it's 4b or c :grin:. One of these days, I am gonna transition and then I'll know for sure.

Actually, from looking at all the wave definition you have, it appears like you'd be a 4a with really defined coils.

Anyway, your hair looks great.

~NanCeBoTwin~

Hi All,
For all intent and purposes, I’m still a newbie. In my short time here, I’ve read just enough to be dangerous (so to speak). I joined the forum about 6 months into my stretch and by then I had done a lot of things wrong. I did my best to right the ship by establishing a moisture protein balance and finding the right products to cope w/ all the new growth. I flirted with the idea of transitioning but I’m not patient enough yet for that (pray for me J).
So, I ended my stretch on 4/14/09. My last relaxer was 6/27/08. I found an awesome stylist (native American male) who really knew what he was doing. I’ve said before in other post that I have stretched my relaxers all through my life b/c I hate the process of getting one. I generally end up with a burned and/or irritated scalp that is really uncomfortable for a couple weeks. Well, I had a great experience this time, no burning, no tingling, no post irritation. He used Paul Mitchell’s relaxer. He recommended texlaxing after getting into my new growth, and I was very happy b/c that’s what I was going to request.
I was not happy with my straggly, dead looking ends, so I had him trim 3 – 3 ½ inches all over. I was sad to lose all the progress I had picked up from my new growth but I was very happy to have a full, healthy head of hair. I can really set about working on keeping my hair healthy and growing to my goal of MBL.
So, I will include a reconstructer and add some yogurt to my DC to fortify my strands this next wash day to restore some strength and moisture and go from there. Here are some pics of my journey so far.
I want thank you for posting this. I am technically a 'newbie' as well....Sunday will mark 17 weeks in my first stretch....I've followed Sylver2's stretching progress, she did great! And you have done a great job too!!! Keep up the good work you hair looks bouncy full of body, pretty and healthy!