I Just Got My Appointment With Reniece & Co!!! Three Years Later!!!!

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
I might be looking into job opportunities with my company out in IL.

If I do that's only a 2 hr flight. :scratchchin: I'd make a weekend trip out of it.

Please current clients do tell about the 6 month weave.
Is that 6 months total in 1 install?

I always get excited when Reniece and company is a topic of discussion.

They are like unicorn stylists. Magical hands. Fairy godmothers of the hair game. :fairy:

SouthernStunner

My 13yr old Men
I dont know how to quote but to answer your quetions about dontspeakdefeat.....I love her ! when i am there i am the only one and she takes her time. i get detangle shampoo dc blow dried braided and finall weaved which includes a cut and style. we talk a little laugh a little and in my case cry a little (We were watching a sad movie only i was the only one who cried). I must say ts like going to see an old friend.

Yes she does blow dry and flat iro without weave install but i cant quote price cause i am really not sure.

hopefully she can get tagged in this thread caus i am getting mad compliments on my hair and most just thought i straightened my own hair. lol

HelpMe12

I dont know how to quote but to answer your quetions about dontspeakdefeat.....I love her ! when i am there i am the only one and she takes her time. i get detangle shampoo dc blow dried braided and finall weaved which includes a cut and style. we talk a little laugh a little and in my case cry a little (We were watching a sad movie only i was the only one who cried). I must say ts like going to see an old friend.

Yes she does blow dry and flat iro without weave install but i cant quote price cause i am really not sure.

hopefully she can get tagged in this thread caus i am getting mad compliments on my hair and most just thought i straightened my own hair. lol

I'm tagging @dontspeakdefeat because I'm thinking about taking a flight down to Atl and getting my hair repair journey started. I need help badly. I have gone to some expensive stylists, including making a 3 hr drive to NY. I have had some fly weaves but nobody has cared for the hair underneath

Last edited:

krikit96

Well, I am sold, and just happy to have found my window of opportunity finally!!! I am going to become a faithful client...
As for the 6 month weave... what I THINK it is, is that you use the same hair bundle... and you go to her for take downs and servicing... and then she weaves it right back up... and this goes on for 6 months, I think you go in like every 6 weeks maybe? I hope somebody knowledgeable comes in and helps clarify...
But the hair she uses is the bomb... and she has a video where she used one bundle on her sister... her sister wore it a while... then they washed it and put it in Renieces hair and SHE wore it for a long time too.. and it was beautiful the entire time...
I can find the video if you want?

happycakes

Yes, please. I would like to see the video. Thank you for sharing.

Well, I am sold, and just happy to have found my window of opportunity finally!!! I am going to become a faithful client...
As for the 6 month weave... what I THINK it is, is that you use the same hair bundle... and you go to her for take downs and servicing... and then she weaves it right back up... and this goes on for 6 months, I think you go in like every 6 weeks maybe? I hope somebody knowledgeable comes in and helps clarify...
But the hair she uses is the bomb... and she has a video where she used one bundle on her sister... her sister wore it a while... then they washed it and put it in Renieces hair and SHE wore it for a long time too.. and it was beautiful the entire time...
I can find the video if you want?

julzinha

@krikit96 , ur hair looks sooo thick and soft. I've got to stop pulling out my SSK's. I recently had to trim 1-2inches b/c of that.

Thanks for the update!!
It was so hard for me to get over that, now I know that it is better to just cut at the site of the not because pulling the SSK out starts splits in the strands that can travel up the shaft.

GeorginaSparks

I also go to DSD. Im a new client(Started around February i think). I waited 3 months to get in her books but i need some more discipline because i had a setback after my 1st weave appointment. She didn't give me a tongue lashing she told me its ok and was patient with me. I deal with SSKs and i rip them out. I also tried to self trim and chopped out my hair. My first few visits, i didn't need a trim but 2 weeks ago, i definitely needed one.
Im not sure if she'll be able to respond to your tag on here to be honest. She's busy and isn't as active on here as much.... I know because i've been sort of stalking her on here for years :sekret:

I drive an hour to get to her and we're moving farther so it will be a longer drive but i really don't mind. Like the previous poster said, when i go, its like going to see a sister. She and Patrice are amazing. Also they understand my hair even as a newer client. You dont have to get a weave but she does specialize in helping your hair grow with the use of weave as a protective style. I tried to use wigs and just bun it up but that bit me in the ass obviously as i don't have the time.
Atlanta weave stylists do not GAF about you, your hair or your edges and finding someone that cares is tough(and i've been to MANY). So i'm not going to deal with anyone else. I will also go to her for the take downs. i try to take down my weaves but i also cut out my own hair in the process :lol: several times :look:

intellectualuva

I might be looking into job opportunities with my company out in IL.

If I do that's only a 2 hr flight. :scratchchin: I'd make a weekend trip out of it.

Please current clients do tell about the 6 month weave.
Is that 6 months total in 1 install?

I always get excited when Reniece and company is a topic of discussion.

They are like unicorn stylists. Magical hands. Fairy godmothers of the hair game. :fairy:

I never got them back to back, but yes its 6 months of weave install and take down rotation. I would take 2-3 weeks between take downs and fresh reinstall getting a flatiron or something in between.

I also cosign Onyc hair. It lasts a long time holding well to styling, blow drying etc. I haven't tried the fro out, but it does have excellent reviews.

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
FYI: if you are on Reneice's mailing list, check your email...good news was shared (more open dates)

Also, if you are in the Atlanta area: I know a stylist who is very good and specialize in natural hair. (My sister travels 3 hours to go to her and her hair is past waist length) Her IG is https://instagram.com/p/8CfTd9wluQ/
This stylist also travels to NYC monthly.

I also know someone in Atlanta who specialize in weaves if you are interested. She works on sets with celebrity clients so it's a little harder to get in and she requires deposits. Alot of ladies in my hometown travel to her as well. She also makes wigs. Her IG is

https://instagram.com/p/8jp4bPFRPB/

Didn't mean to deter the thread but just trying to be helpful for anyone in the South that can't get in to our beloved Reneice! At least you can have someone until you can get in.

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
Thanks!!!
Any Texas recs :look:

FYI: if you are on Reneice's mailing list, check your email...good news was shared (more open dates)

Also, if you are in the Atlanta area: I know a stylist who is very good and specialize in natural hair. (My sister travels 3 hours to go to her and her hair is past waist length) Her IG is https://instagram.com/p/8CfTd9wluQ/
This stylist also travels to NYC monthly.

I also know someone in Atlanta who specialize in weaves if you are interested. She works on sets with celebrity clients so it's a little harder to get in and she requires deposits. Alot of ladies in my hometown travel to her as well. She also makes wigs. Her IG is

https://instagram.com/p/8jp4bPFRPB/

Didn't mean to deter the thread but just trying to be helpful for anyone in the South that can't get in to our beloved Reneice! At least you can have someone until you can get in.

HelpMe12

My consult went great. Breon washed and d/c my hair under the dryer. She also gave me one of Reniece's special hair "treatments". Breon was very knowledgeable , pleasant, explained everything she was doing and why. She was so gentle when she washed my hair and that scalp massage with the comb thingy.. Oh My!

She noted my hair was very dry and I explained that i did a henna treatment the night before. She stated to hold off on henna for the next few months, it may be too harsh for my hair. She also suggested that i wear satin caps under my wigs instead of stocking caps to keep from drying my hair out. She then blow dried and asked I'd I wanted a trim. Of course I wanted a trim, I want that signature thick hemline all their clients have lol. She is going to start doing braid downs under wigs for me. She wants to strengthen my hair before adding a weave to it. Finally a stylist that cares about my hair! I think I'm in love lol. My appt is in 3 weeks!

Last edited:

MizAvalon

Just a couple of questions. Enlighten me, ladies. I'm here to learn.
1. Is three years average wait time for an appointment with Reneice & Company?
2. And the appointment is for a consultation?
3. What is a six month weave? (I thought a weave was removed after 2 months.)

Thanks for any information you can provide.

Current client here. I was on the waiting list for a very long time, at least 3 or 4 years before I finally got in a couple of years ago. That initial appointment was for a consultation.

I've been going back ever since and I LOVE them! So glad that I was finally able to get on the list. They TRULY care about your hair's health and taking care of it.

HelpMe12

Just a couple of questions. Enlighten me, ladies. I'm here to learn.
1. Is three years average wait time for an appointment with Reneice & Company?
2. And the appointment is for a consultation?
3. What is a six month weave? (I thought a weave was removed after 2 months.)

Thanks for any information you can provide.
Reniece opens her books a couple of times a year for new clients. You have to log on to her website to be added to her mailing list. Then you will receive an email saying what time and date she will open her appointment book. On that date, you have to log in at the time she gives to get one of the open slots. I think most of us are saying that we waited 3 years or more is because when the books open, there are only a few dates and times and they sell out in less than 5 minutes. Kind of like getting SuperBowl or Beyonce tickets lol. She also has a daily cancellation list and you can try to get in that way but that is difficult too. Oh and yes, the initial consult is just an assessment of your hair's health and possible issues ($40). If you do a natural hair wet assessment like I did, your hair is washed, deep conditioned, blow dried and trimmed ($100). HTH

krikit96

@HelpMe12 - Yay! I'm glad you got in, that was so fast! Lol... She didn't trim my hair when I went... we were out of time. I suspect that us going out to look at the 4 car pile up out in the road was a factor, lol.
At any rate, I go back on the 20th... and I'll get it trimmed then. I believe the following appointment will be my weave, but I'm not sure. I hope so - I'm ready to start this thang!

HelpMe12

@HelpMe12 - Yay! I'm glad you got in, that was so fast! Lol... She didn't trim my hair when I went... we were out of time. I suspect that us going out to look at the 4 car pile up out in the road was a factor, lol.
At any rate, I go back on the 20th... and I'll get it trimmed then. I believe the following appointment will be my weave, but I'm not sure. I hope so - I'm ready to start this thang!

I know, right?! I'm still in shock that I got in lol. I am definitely ready to start this journey! And I don't know what was in that treatment but my hair still feels really soft and moisturized. Oh and your hair is much thicker and longer than mine so that is why she probably didn't have time to trim yours. Your hair is gorg!

krikit96

Awwww @HelpMe12 , thank you!!! So you said it's gonna be a 2 hours drive huh? Where ya coming from? I hope you come back to post your experience and pictures too, I'd love to see it! I am counting down to the 20th!

HelpMe12

Awwww @HelpMe12 , thank you!!! So you said it's gonna be a 2 hours drive huh? Where ya coming from? I hope you come back to post your experience and pictures too, I'd love to see it! I am counting down to the 20th!
Yes, I'm coming from Delaware so it's a 2 hr drive. I was going to NY so that was a 3 hr drive. I will definitely be posting before and after pics in 6 months. It will be my first post on here!

Napturallypretty1908

@HelpMe12 so glad that you came back and updated us and that the appointment went great! I got in when they opened the books on Friday but I had to get the wet assessment instead of the weave consult I wanted. From hearing how it went now I'm happy I got the wet asset rent. Too excited!

SouthernStunner

My 13yr old Men
if someone can guide me on how to post pics from my cell on here i would live for this thread to be one in which we show the style we are rocking ( wig or weave) while going to renice or dsd. maybe later even do a reveal next year. ibwant to do a bun drop so freaking bad but it wont be this year.

HelpMe12

if someone can guide me on how to post pics from my cell on here i would live for this thread to be one in which we show the style we are rocking ( wig or weave) while going to renice or dsd. maybe later even do a reveal next year. ibwant to do a bun drop so freaking bad but it wont be this year.
Sounds like a great idea! I would love to do a bun drop too but that would probably be 2018 for me lol. When you are replying, choose the button 'upload a file' that shows up next to 'post reply' and you can add photos from your pics on your phone.