I just want to cut off my ****ing hair

L.Brown1114

I can't color it or it will get damaged (dealing with that right now, my ends are shot to hell) Every week I have to wash, condition, DC, then LOC and do a braid out because of SSK's. Straightening it eventually will cause heat damage. EVERYTIME i buy a weave no matter if its from china or not I get crappy hair that sheds like a sick dog. I use to stay in box braids and twists but I'm so tired of those styles it's making me sick. Usually when I get like this I texlax and I'm happy for awhile because I get to style my hair without it taking hours but I can't because I bleached.

I keep trying the natural thing and I don't want my scalp unhealthy over time and paying $60 for a relaxer which is ridiculous the process is quite simple. I'd do it myself if I could see the back of my head easily....I'm too scared to big chop because my face is fat and short hair already looks a hot mess on me. I have a BKT kit (softliss chocolate) but i'm scared to put 450 to my hair that many times at this point.

im sooooo frustrated :sad::sad::sad:

sorry rant over

Last edited:
sorry girl *hugs*
I feel your frustration.
I did the big chop because my scalp was suffering. It was scary to see the beautiful coils and uniqueness on my head fall to the ground. Now it feels quite liberating. Like you I have a big face. You can always change your style with wigs, headscarves, turbans and the like. Wearing big earrings helps to balance out your face.

There are so many women with different face shapes all making the brave decision to chop off their hair. Your health comes first. Do what works for your hair but dont make your health and peace of mind suffer for it.
Before you chop your hair remember that if you dont have a good regimen down it will just end up the same as before.

Sounds like you shouldn't do anything else to your hair. It needs time to recover.
There are 100s of different protective styles you could try. What about wearing buns? What about wearing wigs instead of weaves?

Most of all remember its just hair. A blank canvas waiting for your form of expression.

Can any texlax or relaxed lhcfers chime in?

Can you put your hair in a protective style like braids/twists or a sew in for a few weeks? That way you can give yourself a break and think over what you really want to do.
The other option is a full wig while you baby your hair until it's healthy enough that you're comfortable wearing it out

ETA I still recommend avoiding any more chemical processes right now. You're already double processed and unless your hair is that super amazing type, any more chemical processes right now will likely cause breakage

Can you put your hair in a protective style like braids/twists or a sew in for a few weeks? That way you can give yourself a break and think over what you really want to do.
The other option is a full wig while you baby your hair until it's healthy enough that you're comfortable wearing it out

ETA I still recommend avoiding any more chemical processes right now. You're already double processed and unless your hair is that super amazing type, any more chemical processes right now will likely cause breakage

i guess i can try a wig and get a completely different look, but wigs always look so wiggish to me. My plan was to BKT and then get some clip ins from a company iv bought from before. I kinda wanna chance it with the BKT...:look:

I can't color it or it will get damaged (dealing with that right now, my ends are shot to hell) Every week I have to wash, condition, DC, then LOC and do a braid out because of SSK's. Straightening it eventually will cause heat damage.

As if that's the worst thing that could happen to it. You bleaching your hair caused more damage then straightening it. At this point, you should consider becoming a heat straightened natural and end your problems. It would be much easier and less time consuming on you. You don't have to spend money going to a salon to get it relaxed. You don't have to worry about chemicals. You don't have to spend hours on your hair. It would just require regular flat ironing sessions and simple washing and conditioning. Your hair would still grow per the usual. It would just stay straight.

Just came in to say I understand how you feel. I dreaded doing my hair today and wished for the low maintenance of a twa.

I felt like that for a while too... that's why I worked towards simplifying my regimen. I was tired of spending a lot of time, energy and money on my hair every time I had to care for it so instead of just spinning my wheels, I started really, really paying attention to the ingredients, products and techniques that were helping my hair. That's one of the reasons I started actively joining challenges. faithVA 's Nail Your Regimen Challenge from last year really helped so much more than she even knows. I was doing so many unnecessary things and it forced me to really pay attention to what I was doing. The Use Up Your Stash Challenge that is currently going on now really helped me narrow my products down also. Joining challenges, for me anyway, was definitely the thing that kept me focused on creating a simple, more inexpensive regimen that works wonders for me. Not only am I not so frustrated but if/when something does go wrong with my hair I can usually pinpoint the culprit quickly, especially since I'm only trying one thing out at a time now.

Well just to chime in, I was natural for 4 years and bleached my hair then 2 weeks later I relaxed it (I don't recommend it) but I did a heavy protein treatment a week before I relaxed and I used a mild relaxer (Vitale Sensitive Scalp) I also did a mid-step protein treatment. I didn't experience breakage, but that was probably because I had magical unicorn hair. I did all of this in September of last year.

i'm going to use redkens repair CAT shampoo and conditioner and use joiko pak for my DC. man i wish i could afford a steamer right now. After that i'll keep my hair straight ALL the time. so tired of it being curly i really dont want anymore chemicals

Get a half wig. You can smooth your edges and wear a headband. It looks really natural. Wigs with bangs look to wiggy

I can't color it or it will get damaged (dealing with that right now, my ends are shot to hell) Every week I have to wash, condition, DC, then LOC and do a braid out because of SSK's. Straightening it eventually will cause heat damage. EVERYTIME i buy a weave no matter if its from china or not I get crappy hair that sheds like a sick dog. I use to stay in box braids and twists but I'm so tired of those styles it's making me sick. Usually when I get like this I texlax and I'm happy for awhile because I get to style my hair without it taking hours but I can't because I bleached. I keep trying the natural thing and I don't want my scalp unhealthy over time and paying $60 for a relaxer which is ridiculous the process is quite simple. I'd do it myself if I could see the back of my head easily....I'm too scared to big chop because my face is fat and short hair already looks a hot mess on me. I have a BKT kit (softliss chocolate) but i'm scared to put 450 to my hair that many times at this point. im sooooo frustrated :sad::sad::sad: sorry rant over
why do you have to use 450 degrees ? How hot is the temp usually when you flat iron? You should be able to use up to 400. Just become a straight haired natural. Problem solved!

Invest in some good hair if you want to weave it up. Indique or Extensions Plus or Wagmans. Stop buying cheap hair or hair that isn't time tested with good reviews.

I understand your frustration but you are gonna have to just ride it out. The color is gonna hold you back from having lots of options unless you cut your hair.

If you hate wigs, perhaps a half wig can be an option. They look way less wiggy.

I agree with all who said try wearing wigs. Ive been on a nonstop wig regimen for a year coming up in April. I love it!! My hair is much healthier than when I started bc it gave me the freedom to get a solid regimen together with no worries about styling.

Her is a link to one of many awesome YTers who wear wigs and are pros at making small simple tweaks to make them look natural as possible. Judge for yourself:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uain7agmxEA

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_p9aVGjd2wQ

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wvz8S3Y20do

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BqU0a0-CGaM

I LOVE this HHJ!!

Sounds like you want straight hair minus the chemicals. Maybe you should just become a straight haired natural

Back