I made an Android app! called The Hair diary

Marand13

THE HAIR DIARY APP for Android - Its FREE!!

I spent the past few months learning and coding this app for android phones and I would love if you ladies would download it, try it out and give me feedback!!

I am fairly new to coding and I thought it would be a great idea for us to have an app that is specifically made to help us achieve our goals!

It is called The Hair Diary and its free on Google Play.

** The app is now showing up in the searches!! :yay: **
It is now at the top of the list!!!!!!!! :yay:

Or:
Click Here!

thehairdiarycover.jpg

Please try it out and let me know what you think!! If you have any issues, questions, or suggestions I would love to hear them!! I have so many ideas for this and this is just the start of it.

Thanks so much in advance!!

ETA:
Just uploaded an updated version! Don't forget to update!!

Ladies! If you have any bugs or problems with the app please let me know so I can fix it!!! Please!
:thankyou:

I added a bunch of screen shots to the website. Feel free to take a look. I am working on the website as well so please excuse the lack of content.

* I added some quick posts on how to use the app, as well as what has changed in the app with each update and current known bugs.

http://www.thehairdiary.com

I made accounts on Twitter and Instagram for the app.

@ HairDiaryapp on both.

https://twitter.com/HairDiaryapp

Last edited:

Marand13

Nothing for Apple? Would love to support
I am new to coding. I just learned android over the past few months from scratch!! :look: I am currently working on the apple version now!! I will have it out within a few months, but for now Im sorry to everyone who has iPhone!!!! Its a different coding language, but I am working on it. :yep:
iamyattababe

chelleyrock

I'd love to support as well, I have an iPhone. May I ask where you learned to code in such a short amount of time?

Marand13

I'd love to support as well, I have an iPhone. May I ask where you learned to code in such a short amount of time?

Books!!
chelleyrock

I catch on to things pretty quickly and I got as many books as I could find on the subject, as well as reading over the entire developer website. Android is based on java so I started with that and there are tons of books, videos, and websites dedicated to teaching it.

kandake

I am new to coding. I just learned android over the past few months from scratch!! :look: I am currently working on the apple version now!! I will have it out within a few months, but for now Im sorry to everyone who has iPhone!!!! Its a different coding language, but I am working on it. :yep:
@iamyattababe

You're motivating me to stick with coding. Earlier in the year I started learning on www.codeacademy.com

Marand13

You're motivating me to stick with coding. Earlier in the year I started learning on www.codeacademy.com

kandake Its so much work!! Like writhing a book. Countless hours in front of the computer screen!! But I definitely think it is worth it!!
If you have an analytical and logical mindset you are good to go!

iamyattababe

I am new to coding. I just learned android over the past few months from scratch!! :look: I am currently working on the apple version now!! I will have it out within a few months, but for now Im sorry to everyone who has iPhone!!!! Its a different coding language, but I am working on it. :yep: iamyattababe

Cool beans, I'll be waiting! :)

Miss617

Always left of center
I was looking for a hair diary app not even two months ago, so I'm glad to see this. I just downloaded it, will be back with thoughts once I've had some time with it!

coolsista-paris

kandake Its so much work!! Like writhing a book. Countless hours in front of the computer screen!! But I definitely think it is worth it!! If you have an analytical and logical mindset you are good to go!

i also wanted to learn since over a year. i have do many projects id like to do that i dont know where to start. :-/

i must get to it. start soon

Marand13

i also wanted to learn since over a year. i have do many projects id like to do that i dont know where to start. :-/

i must get to it. start soon

coolsista-paris I was in the same place, I thought of this app and a few others, over a year ago but had no clue where to start. Was thinking about hiring someone to do it for me but the initial cost as well as upkeep is too much for me. I had some time over the past few months to learn so I dedicated myself to it completely!
Google is your friend! Thats where I started and there is no time like the present! :yep:

overtherainbow

Congrats! I downloaded and will play around with it more later. I already went through some of it and it looks very useful, especially the calendar. I've been tracking my trims/clarifies/length checks in my period tracker app so I'm happy to have a more suitable option now.

mshoneyfly

Congrats!
I commend you on all your hard work.

I have iphone so I'll be patiently waiting too. Right now I'm using the Flava app but dont think it has a calendar. Its not specifically meant for hair journeys

I LOVE this HHJ!!

ladybev

Awesome congrats. I will download it on my android tablet. But looking forward to having it on my iphone hopefully in the near future.

Marand13

Congrats! I downloaded and will play around with it more later. I already went through some of it and it looks very useful, especially the calendar. I've been tracking my trims/clarifies/length checks in my period tracker app so I'm happy to have a more suitable option now.

overtherainbow Thanks!! I was on the verge of using my period tracker as well.... :lachen: It really didn't feel right... :look: