I made an Android app! called The Hair diary

itsallaboutattitude

Cancer Support in Health
Another iPhone user. Saving my place for the announcement.

Willing to pay too. But I am a cheap app purchaser. I think the most I've paid is $1.99 for my book database app. BUT I'm willing to pay more for something like this.

God is an alien, and we are living under a microscope.

marta9227

This is awesome! Can't wait to play with it! Love that it's free, but I will definitely pay for any upgrade version you do put out. Been looking for something like this for a long time!

Ogoma

Lovely! Will download the apple version once you have it.

So proud of you doing all of this.

AnjelLuvs

In the future will users be able to connect with each other join grou challenges etc... Sorry if already asked in thread, downloaded app and been playin and decided to pose that question..

Marand13

In the future will users be able to connect with each other join grou challenges etc... Sorry if already asked in thread, downloaded app and been playin and decided to pose that question..

AnjelLuvsUBabe

That is something that I will be working on. I am also working on the website to go along with the app as well. In due time! & most likely I won't get to that until after I have the iPhone version out.

One step at a time. :)

MACGlossChick

I downloaded it, and I like it. I know right off the bat that I'll use this to keep track of when I do my relaxers. I never know how many weeks post I am. I have to look through my posts on the forum to see if I wrote about my last touch up.

I relax every 12 weeks. Is there a way for the app to notify me that a touch up is coming soon based on the last time I put a relaxer on the calendar?

Marand13

Can someone post screenshots? I have an iphone so I can't get the app :(

I added a bunch of screen shots to the website. Feel free to take a look. I am working on the website as well so please excuse the lack of content. :)

http://www.thehairdiary.com

I downloaded it, and I like it. I know right off the bat that I'll use this to keep track of when I do my relaxers. I never know how many weeks post I am. I have to look through my posts on the forum to see if I wrote about my last touch up.

I relax every 12 weeks. Is there a way for the app to notify me that a touch up is coming soon based on the last time I put a relaxer on the calendar?

MACGlossChick

That is also something I am working on. I have implemented simple notifications in the settings menu for reminders on select days of the week, already. Will be adding other notifications in the next version.

Last edited:

cutiebe2

This app is amazing and I am going to spend tomorrow entering all my information.

Once I've entered everything I will give more feedback

ikandi87

Just installed it and I LOVE IT! I wish there was a calendar/alarm for reminders...other than that its great! You thought of everything! I would have easily shelled out $4.99 for it! I will be using this alot!

Marand13

Just installed it and I LOVE IT! I wish there was a calendar/alarm for reminders...other than that its great! You thought of everything! I would have easily shelled out $4.99 for it! I will be using this alot!

ikandi87 Go to settings, I added some simple reminder notifications there. :grin:
Will be adding more complex notifications in future versions. :yep:

Thanks so much!! Im glad that you enjoy it!!

marta9227

Just got done entering my info to the app. Love this! I've been looking for something like this for years! I agree that group challenges and reminders for relaxers and other upcoming hair treatments and procedures would make this flawless. Eagerly anticipating updates!

imaginary

I've downloaded it and after a day's use I'm pretty impressed.:yep:

Ooh would it be possible to add a tagging system for the diary entries? I'm a tag maniac :blush:

marta9227

I'm interested in the new phone question too as I'll be upgrading soon. Can we transfer all the data we put in to the app to new phones?

Marand13

I've downloaded it and after a day's use I'm pretty impressed.:yep:

Ooh would it be possible to add a tagging system for the diary entries? I'm a tag maniac :blush:

imaginary I was planning on implementing tags in a later version. I was thinking of using tags to tie diary entries and challenges/goals together and such.
Good to know we are all thinking on the same track!! :yep:

What happens if i get a new phone? Can i still access my profile?

I'm interested in the new phone question too as I'll be upgrading soon. Can we transfer all the data we put in to the app to new phones?

myhairgrowstoo
marta9227

In settings I have implemented a backup and restore system to save all your information to external memory. you can backup your database in as many files as you need. When switching to a new phone just Restore the backup. Or if you have added some entries before restoring you can import the items into the database instead so that nothing is being deleted.

The profile is separate from the database and I have the option to backup and restore the profile as well.

All you would need to do is if you are using an sd card insert it into the new phone and restore. or if you are not using external just transfer the Hair diary file into the new phones directory and restore. Most phones now have the option to transfer files between phones so it shouldn't be too difficult.

I will have detailed instructions on the website in the near future as well.

I think it might seem a little complicated but I did it this was so that you could have options. I hate those apps where backup/restore system doesn't work the way I think it should or only has one function.

Last edited:

myhairgrowstoo

imaginary I was planning on implementing tags in a later version. I was thinking of using tags to tie diary entries and challenges/goals together and such.
Good to know we are all thinking on the same track!! :yep:

myhairgrowstoo
marta9227

In settings I have implemented a backup and restore system to save all your information to external memory. you can backup your database in as many files as you need. When switching to a new phone just Restore the backup. Or if you have added some entries before restoring you can import the items into the database instead so that nothing is being deleted.

The profile is separate from the database and I have the option to backup and restore the profile as well.

All you would need to do is if you are using an sd card insert it into the new phone and restore. or if you are not using external just transfer the Hair diary file into the new phones directory and restore. Most phones now have the option to transfer files between phones so it shouldn't be too difficult.

I will have detailed instructions on the website in the near future as well.

I think it might seem a little complicated but I did it this was so that you could have options. I hate those apps where backup/restore system doesn't work the way I think it should or only has one function.

Thank you the back up restore sounds great :)

ikandi87

Ive been on my HHJ for about 15 months now but I havent been really recording/tracking my progress but I think this app is gonna help me alot. That being said, ive had a recent set back so while in a protective style im gonna officially restart today!

I would love a feature that lets us share entries with out users!!! Im too excited about this app!

One more thing...the pics that ive uploaded are sideways, is there a way to rotate them?

Marand13

Ive been on my HHJ for about 15 months now but I havent been really recording/tracking my progress but I think this app is gonna help me alot. That being said, ive had a recent set back so while in a protective style im gonna officially restart today!

I would love a feature that lets us share entries with out users!!! Im too excited about this app!

One more thing...the pics that ive uploaded are sideways, is there a way to rotate them?

ikandi87 are you using a Samsung? I noticed that that particular phone doesn't like to keep photos in the proper rotation.

I don't have any photo editing implementation in the app just yet. I tend to edit my images before or after putting them into the app. The app is simply referencing to the photo in you gallery, it's not saving a separate photo, so anything you do to that photo should show up in the app.

ETA: I noticed if you take the photo in landscape it has the correct orientation. Only portrait has this issue, and not all Samsung's do this. I think it is a bug with the samsung system, but working on it.

Last edited:

ikandi87

ikandi87 are you using a Samsung? I noticed that that particular phone doesn't like to keep photos in the proper rotation.

I don't have any photo editing implementation in the app just yet. I tend to edit my images before or after putting them into the app. The app is simply referencing to the photo in you gallery, it's not saving a separate photo, so anything you do to that photo should show up in the app.

Marand13 I have the Galaxy S3. In my gallery the pics arent sideways so idk whats up...ill try to rotate it save it then upload it...thanx

Marand13

Marand13 I have the Galaxy S3. In my gallery the pics arent sideways so idk whats up...ill try to rotate it save it then upload it...thanx

ikandi87
I tested it out on an S5 & TAB 3, HTC, and Nexus. & Samsung is the only one that does that. It displays the auto rotate image in the regular gallery but it doesn't save the image with auto rotation. That's why it displays that way.

Last edited:

Marand13

Is anyone from out of the US having any issues with the app changing the time??? Someone left a review and I am confused as to what she meant. The app shouldn't change anything, it doesn't access the system time.. :perplexed

imaginary
Igotstripes
claudzie

Last edited:

krikit96

I just downloaded the app, but after reading this entire thread I'm pooped! I'll play with it tomorrow... Nice job!