I pressed my hair and as promised....PICTURES!!!

EbonyEyes

A few weeks ago, someone asked if you could get pressed hair to look like it's relaxed.

Well, I got my hair pressed for my college graduation and as promised, I added pictures to my album. The link and password is in my signature.

My hair was pressed by a man who is a master at cutting hair. He blowdried my hair and then pressed my hair with a straightening comb. I smelled NO burning hair and it took about 1.5-2 hours to blow dry, press, and curl my hair.

He cut off 1 1/2 inches around my hair so it's obviously shorter but it will make my hair so much easier to comb when I go back natural.

I'm really loving my hair right now. I want to see how long the press lasts. I'll let you know.

Enjoy the pics and let me know what you think!!

EbonyEyes

msportugal said:
your hair looks great its shiny and very healthy looking
-the trim is nice glad you dont have a SHS!

Thanks! I can't believe my hair shines the way it does.

He gave me a wooden spoon to cover my ears when he was pressing. And I told him that my mommy said that if he cut too much of my hair off then she would hit him with the wooden spoon!

He said he didn't want the wooden spoon so he would be easy with the cutting...lol

dimpalz

I think you might have made that APL goal a month early! Ur hair looks great, lol at the wooden spoon

shelli4018

Your hair looks really happy. When I was natural I had the hardest time keeping my ends healthy. What's your secret?

EbonyEyes

dimpalz said:
I think you might have made that APL goal a month early! Ur hair looks great, lol at the wooden spoon

Well here's the deal. The back of my hair is APL. But I want the rest of my hair to be that length. It may take until December for that to happen. We'll see. Thanks for the compliments.

EbonyEyes

shelli4018 said:
Your hair looks really happy. When I was natural I had the hardest time keeping my ends healthy. What's your secret?

The key for me was keeping my hair in twists all the time! I put Ms. Sue's hair souffle on the ends and began twisting. And twice a day I would spray my hair with my homemade concoction (water, glycerin, and aloe vera).

OneInAMillion

Lovely, shiny, thick, healthy hair!!! I love the blowdried pick to. I feel you on armpit length in the front and back...I'm holding out till December as well.