I pressed my hair and as promised....PICTURES!!!

1QTPie

Elder Sim
Oh sweetie, you hair looks beautiful. You have a lovely album also. I feel you on the natural layers of the hair, I'm going through the same thing. Funny that we BCed on the same day also. :D

EbonyEyes

1QTPie said:
Oh sweetie, you hair looks beautiful. You have a lovely album also. I feel you on the natural layers of the hair, I'm going through the same thing. Funny that we BCed on the same day also. :D

Thank you!! That's crazy that we did the BC on the same day! My natural layers are growing out but not as fast as I would like them too. Oh well...At least my hair is healthy.

EbonyEyes

OneInAMillion said:
Lovely, shiny, thick, healthy hair!!! I love the blowdried pick to. I feel you on armpit length in the front and back...I'm holding out till December as well.

Thanks so much! Hopefully we can celebrate together in December.

jasmine26

your stylist did a great job! i'm with you on how painful it is to grow out layers! But your hair is still lovely with layers, pressed or natural!

Enchantmt

Progress...not perfection
Your hair came out great. Let us know how long the style lasts. I want to press but I dont think I can make it past one day.

EbonyEyes

Thanks ladies for the compliments...You're awesome.

Some tidbits for you ladies:

The gentleman who did my hair has been cutting hair for 30 years. And while he was conditioning my hair, he told me that one thing he's learned is that you don't need a lot of product to properly condition your hair. Hair can only absorb so much product. He then goes up to say that too much product makes the hair harder to straighten and the hair won't have as much body. I guess he was right because he did not use a crazy amount of heat. The room was not smoky like it used to be when I was little and had my hair hard pressed with grease.

It's been 5 days since I got my hair pressed and it's still as straight as it wants to be. I have not hot curled it or anything. All I've done is tied it up at night and sprayed it every other day with Motions Herbal Oil Sheen. But if this press can last a month like it did for my mother then I will be very surprised!!

EbonyEyes

I added photos to my album so that you can see my pressed hair a week later. Since I got it pressed, I have not added any heat. I've greased my scalp twice and oiled my hair when needed.