I think I'm in love...... (kinda long)

songbyrd517

... with my new regimine! I finally have a hair regimine after all this time guys! :dance7:

It took me awhile to find one. As some of you may know, I'm transitioning, and as of today, I am exactly 2 months and 13 days deep into it. I have about an inch of new growth (give or take a little). Now at first. I was beginning to have problems detangling my hair after my wash. I use CON shampoo, and it detangles like a dream, but I just could not find a conditioner that MOISTURIZED AND detangled. I was really close to deciding to give up. But then, it happened. Thanks to the help of you guys, I bought a K-Cutter Comb, and tried Hollywood Beauty Olive Cholesterol and Porosity control Conditioner. The result? Very soft and easy to comb hair, including new growth - even after airdrying! I could not believe it. And you know how some stuff works once, but it won't anymore? Well, I have used it twice to date - once for a blowdry/flat iron, and once for a conditioner rinse and I wa spleased both times. First I washed, used the porosity control to correct the porosity of my hair (it worked like a dream, and I will only use as needed which shouldn't be very often), then used my olive cholesterol, and I was so pleased. I could comb so easily, the K-cutter is the bomb! I followed with a smaller comb and it was equally easy.
I then blow dried and flat ironed and my hair was beautiful! If I didn't know, I would have thought I had a rollerset then wrapped! But I was skeptical, so I tried the same routine (minus the porosity control and shampoo) for a conditioner rinse, then I put my hair into 2 ponytails to dry, and this morning, my hair was soft and easy to comb! I am so happy. I think I will transition just fine. My little nappcurlwaves are just beautiful to me :love: !!!

I also learned to stop using so many products on my hair. I don't use a "leave-in," I just let a little of my cholesterol stay after rinsing. Then I apply Cantu Shea-Soft Break Cure Creme, Kemi-oyl, and Fantasia IC Hair Polisher (Concentrated Serum) when airdrying, or Fantasia IC Straightening Serum when blowdrying. When my hair feels a little dry between washings/rinsings, I just apply a little Kemi-oyl and/or Hair polisher. I wash once a week and I rinse 1-2 times a week. My hair loves me for it. Thanks guys, I am learning so much!!! I only hope I can help yopu guys the way you have helped me :wave: What do you guys think? Have I done you proud :rofl:

sunnygirl

Sunnygirl
I am glad you are learning what works for you. I had to go through this as well throughout my transition. I transitioned w/o the big chop for 13 months which really gave me a chance to learn what worked and did not work for my natural hair.

Keep learning what works, your hair will thank you for it!!

L

lkg4healthyhair

Have you ever tried KeraCare Detangling and Hydrating shampoo. Since you were looking for something that detangles and hydrates maybe you could give it a try. My hair gets really tangled and it works for me very well.

A_Christian

You've done me proud! :laugh: I have napcurlwaves too (or nappycurlywavy hair -what I called my hair when I was little) and will be 15 weeks post-relaxer tommorow. I'm trying to wait at total of 6 months before getting another touch-up or just go ahead and do a long transition without a big chop. Reading your post is encouraging me to at least hold out on re-touching until April even if I don't transition this time. Thanks for posting your routine.

Tai

Congrats on finding a regimen that works for you. :yep: That is SO important when you're transitioning, IMO. It makes your transition much easier.