I think I'm in love...... (kinda long)

songbyrd517

... with my new regimine! I finally have a hair regimine after all this time guys! :dance7:

It took me awhile to find one. As some of you may know, I'm transitioning, and as of today, I am exactly 2 months and 13 days deep into it. I have about an inch of new growth (give or take a little). Now at first. I was beginning to have problems detangling my hair after my wash. I use CON shampoo, and it detangles like a dream, but I just could not find a conditioner that MOISTURIZED AND detangled. I was really close to deciding to give up. But then, it happened. Thanks to the help of you guys, I bought a K-Cutter Comb, and tried Hollywood Beauty Olive Cholesterol and Porosity control Conditioner. The result? Very soft and easy to comb hair, including new growth - even after airdrying! I could not believe it. And you know how some stuff works once, but it won't anymore? Well, I have used it twice to date - once for a blowdry/flat iron, and once for a conditioner rinse and I wa spleased both times. First I washed, used the porosity control to correct the porosity of my hair (it worked like a dream, and I will only use as needed which shouldn't be very often), then used my olive cholesterol, and I was so pleased. I could comb so easily, the K-cutter is the bomb! I followed with a smaller comb and it was equally easy.
I then blow dried and flat ironed and my hair was beautiful! If I didn't know, I would have thought I had a rollerset then wrapped! But I was skeptical, so I tried the same routine (minus the porosity control and shampoo) for a conditioner rinse, then I put my hair into 2 ponytails to dry, and this morning, my hair was soft and easy to comb! I am so happy. I think I will transition just fine. My little nappcurlwaves are just beautiful to me :love: !!!

I also learned to stop using so many products on my hair. I don't use a "leave-in," I just let a little of my cholesterol stay after rinsing. Then I apply Cantu Shea-Soft Break Cure Creme, Kemi-oyl, and Fantasia IC Hair Polisher (Concentrated Serum) when airdrying, or Fantasia IC Straightening Serum when blowdrying. When my hair feels a little dry between washings/rinsings, I just apply a little Kemi-oyl and/or Hair polisher. I wash once a week and I rinse 1-2 times a week. My hair loves me for it. Thanks guys, I am learning so much!!! I only hope I can help yopu guys the way you have helped me :wave: What do you guys think? Have I done you proud :rofl:

I am glad you are learning what works for you. I had to go through this as well throughout my transition. I transitioned w/o the big chop for 13 months which really gave me a chance to learn what worked and did not work for my natural hair.

Keep learning what works, your hair will thank you for it!!

Have you ever tried KeraCare Detangling and Hydrating shampoo. Since you were looking for something that detangles and hydrates maybe you could give it a try. My hair gets really tangled and it works for me very well.

You've done me proud! :laugh: I have napcurlwaves too (or nappycurlywavy hair -what I called my hair when I was little) and will be 15 weeks post-relaxer tommorow. I'm trying to wait at total of 6 months before getting another touch-up or just go ahead and do a long transition without a big chop. Reading your post is encouraging me to at least hold out on re-touching until April even if I don't transition this time. Thanks for posting your routine.

Congrats on finding a regimen that works for you. :yep: That is SO important when you're transitioning, IMO. It makes your transition much easier.

Back