If you have kids..what is their hair type..

KathyMay

and what type of products do you use on it? My daughter who is almost 2 yrs old has 3b/4a hair. If I use heavy grease on her hair after a mositurizer it leaves heavy build up so I use HHB and worlds of Curls spray on her hair after Iw ash it and it turns out fine. With my son,(he is 5) he has 4b hair so I have to use HHB, worlds of curls and some hair oil (he is growing an afro) and it pick it out for him. I would like see how parents are caring for their babies hair.

flyjump00

I just started using Always Caster Oil and water spritz in my 17 mo old daughter's hair. It has really kept it from being so dry. She has sensitive skin and it hasn't broken her out either. I am not sure but I think her hair is type 2 or 3 something. It is fine but very very curly. How do you wash your daughter's hair? I am still washing my daughter's during bath time. I wish that there was another way. Any tips?

Ayeshia

I dont have any children...but when my sister was about 3 her type was a 2. Now shes ten and the majority of her hair is a 4. She wears ponytails most of the time.

DigitalRain

My son has 4c hair if that exists, lol. I keep it cut ultra short but I do use BB Castor Oil Moisturizer on his head or CD Mimosa Honey.

godzooki

I have no idea what type my kids hair is. I'm guessing 2b or something for the youngest and either 2c or 3a for the oldest. you can take a look at their pic in my album and tell me if you know for sure.

NapturalGlory

i have a daughter who is currently 7 years old and she has hair just like my own: nappy
i style her hair every week. i like aloe gel, castor oil, and shea butter right now. i detangle her hair very gently because she is tenderheaded. i have rediscovered the denman d3 brush as a detangler for periodic use. it works excellent. i keep her hair in protective styles. she doesn't really care what style i do. my fave is 4 braids on either side tied together with two 2 strand twists coming out of the front ponytail holder like bangs. takes 30 minutes to do minus detangling.

KathyMay

[ QUOTE ]
flyjump00 said:
I just started using Always Caster Oil and water spritz in my 17 mo old daughter's hair. It has really kept it from being so dry. She has sensitive skin and it hasn't broken her out either. I am not sure but I think her hair is type 2 or 3 something. It is fine but very very curly. How do you wash your daughter's hair? I am still washing my daughter's during bath time. I wish that there was another way. Any tips?

[/ QUOTE ]

Flyjump I also wash my daughter and son's hair during bathtime. Sometimes I will let them rinse their hair with the showerhead

My son has 3 b I think ... when he has his big afro it is really knotty and the only way i can comb it is if it is wet with vo 5 conditioner in it... if i leave it alone it dries in little ringlets /curls but if i comb it out he has a full blown afro...which gets really knotty.
I just cut it all off
so now he has the hairstyle i have in my first afro pic.

Honi

There is no board.
My boobie is 10 months now and is currently a 2/3 something. I use Giovanni's 50/50 balancing remoisturizer on her hair and CD HHB. Her hair is strange. It shrinks when wet then gets looser as it dries.

leejure

My son has combination 3 hair. He is 2 years old. I usually keep his hair braided (his hair is now apporaching bra-strap)
But he has big-time shrinkage problem like me. His hair is Very, very curly and he has sensitive skin. So I use Jojoba oil and/or shea butter and water.

-lee

flyjump00

[ QUOTE ]
leejure said:
My son has combination 3 hair. He is 2 years old. I usually keep his hair braided (his hair is now apporaching bra-strap)
But he has big-time shrinkage problem like me. His hair is Very, very curly and he has sensitive skin. So I use Jojoba oil and/or shea butter and water.

-lee

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow! Bra strap!

~~HoneyComb~~

I have 2 daughter's one is 4a very curly and very thick, the other is 4b little curl and thin hair. I put big box braids in my 4a daughter's hair, and the 4b daughter wears hers in box braids or micro braids most of the time.

leejure

[ QUOTE ]
flyjump00 said:
[ QUOTE ]
leejure said:

-lee

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow! Bra strap!

[/ QUOTE ]

That trips me out referring my son's hair in those terms. His hair is really long when stretched out, maybe 3 inches from mid back but shrinks to about shoulder length with braids.

-lee

JenJen2721

My daughter has hair somewhere in the 3 range. Coils about the size of a pencil. It's bra strap when stretched out, but just at shoulder length when shrunken.

I conditioner wash her hair about 3x a week...moisturize with coconut oil and/or Africa's Best Shea Butter Moisturizer. She usually wears 4 twisted ponytails OR cornrows just in the back and two fluffy puffs up top.