Hair Type Poll

H

HoneyRockette

What is the most common hair type on this board? It looks to me like 4a is the most common hair type, but then again I can't very well scroll through everyone's signature at once. I have 4a hair. Maybe that is why I notice type 4a the most. Just curious.
P.S. I wanted to start a poll but many people have more than one hair type so I would have to list 4a, 4b, 4a/4b, 3a, 3b, 3a/3b...etc and that is a bit much. I guess I am referring to the majority of your hair, not one lock or one section.

SweetNic_JA

4a 4b . It looks like there is mor 4b on my sides right above my ears and 4a takes up the majority of my hair. My temples sometimes seem lesser than a 4 (maybe like a 3c) and that's why they always break

Destanee

I think I'm 4a/b combo. Maybe mostly 4b?

I don't know? I never really got the whole hair type thing.

Could someone help me out?

mirrormirror

I know I am definately in the 3 category and I know my hair hair is neither fine or coarse, its medium textured. From what hairdressers have told me. Even though my hair is realxed, when it airdries it dries curly (I hate that). Thats why I rarely air-dry, I rollerset. But anyway I would say Im a bout 3b- and a touch of 3c.

L.A. Woman

4a. I was confused about this for a while until someone posted the link with a chart using celebritiy pictures to select hair types. Great link that cleared up any question I may have had before.

ms_kenesha

I'm a 4A. Except I swear everyone has different ideas about what their hairtype is versus what others might think there hair type is. I see a number of people that say they're 4A's but I swear they're in the 3 pattern!

JenJen2721

I think I'm a combo 4a/4b.
Pretty sure about it though!
Oh, who knows!!!! I know I'm not in the 1-3a range at all. So somewhere after that!
I even heard someone mention 5 before!

ms_kenesha

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
carrie said:
definitely 4a/b. W/o a relaxer, I look like Lenny Kravitz.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL!!

Honi

There is no board.
Is 4a a wavy pattern and 4b a more wavier/curly pattern? I get confused. My hair is definitely a 4 something but it's wavy front, sides and back and tighter wave at the crown.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
alireno said:
I'm a definitely a 2B. I don't know how many of us there are.

[/ QUOTE ]
Hey alireno, I dont think there are too many...so it is nice when you run into another fellow 2er.
Myself, I am 2a-c...but I couldnt put all that down in my profile thingy so I just let it be 2a/b