I'm in ♥ with Twistouts! *LOTS OF PICS*

Barbie83

Ladies, i'm a former heat renegade, now a newly-reformed no-heat styler, and I loooove twistouts! I use conditioner to make my twists at night, so this is a great way to keep my hair super moist at all times.

Sometimes I like to pretend I have super long hair by pinning my twisted hair back to look like a superfull, long ponytail. Fools em every time!

I just discovered how to post pictures on here, so forgive me for being a little enthusiastic about sharing my hair pics!

(And yes I take pics of myself when I should be working)....don't we all? :lachen:

My twistouts:

My Twistout "Phony"-tail (with my own hair)

(Gotta use two head bands to tame my wild (12-weeks post) edges!

Barbie83

Thanks ladies! Here's my process:

-(night before) Start with dry hair or at least 80% airdried after cowashing
-Coat hair with your favorite condish (I use V05 Moisture Milks Strawberries & Cream or Suave Green Apple or Coconut) or creamy, water-based moisturizer
-Use your fingers to part hair down the middle ( I only comb my hair while rinsing out condish in the shower under running water)
-make 3 flat twists on each side running from the front to the back (I went to youtube to see a flat twist tutorial--took me several tries to get it right!) Total of 6 twists
-Pin the ends of the twists to each other to keep from untwisting as you go, then pin all the twists under like a bun at your nape.
-Cover with silk/satin scarf for bed.
-In the morning, just unravel, flip your head over and fluff!

-Sometimes I seal in the morning with a light oil or serum (usually serum) after fluffing. Gives good sheen

Soliel185

I wonder how big my twist out would be if I only used 6 twists..? :scratchch

Usually I do 10. I will have to try this - might be a good way to sleep also if I do a smaller set.

gabulldawg

OMG, Barbie. You are really making me miss my hair! :sad: I used to do twist outs ALL of the time! It was my favorite go-to style. I hardly ever wore my hair straight! I can't wait until my hair grows back so I can rock some more twistouts!!! :yep:

Barbie83

How did you do the phony tail? Did you use a banana clip?

Nope! I started by making a small ponytail at the top of my head near the crown, leaving the hair at the back half out.

Then just pinned the back hair up and around the ponytail holder to go underneath the small ponytail I made.

It really is simple, but sounds weird I know.

I promise I will take pictures of the step-by-step process this weekend.

chebaby

very pretty. i just learned i cant wear cornrows or flat twists at my job. i have flat twists in today and i was gonna take them out this weekend for a twist out but i can only wear individual plaits or twists.

anyway yours look very pretty.

Bluetopia

very pretty. i just learned i cant wear cornrows or flat twists at my job. i have flat twists in today and i was gonna take them out this weekend for a twist out but i can only wear individual plaits or twists.

anyway yours look very pretty.

wait - can u elaborate? how did you "find out" some mess like that? :nono: