Inversion Challenge November 2013-November 2014

Mane Event

I did something new tonight. I used my own moisturizing spray mix and i sealed my edges and ends with Vicks (dollar store) version.

Day 1 completed. I'll continue this for the next 6 days and i hope it doesn't affect my hair negatively.

Hmmmm, :scratchch

Good experiment!!! I think you'll be fine..I foresee the Vick's waking up your edges. I might have to try this!

Thanks for posting...OAN, this is a reminder for me to invert now!

Duchess007

I did something new tonight. I used my own moisturizing spray mix and i sealed my edges and ends with Vicks (dollar store) version.

Day 1 completed. I'll continue this for the next 6 days and i hope it doesn't affect my hair negatively.

Very interesting! Keep us posted!

Here are the ingredients of the Vicks brand:
image-3756944555.jpg
image-2911750700.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

PureSilver

Day 2 Completed. Applied my moisturizer, Applied Dollar brand vicks then applied Paltas.

I think my ends like vicks. Right now my hair is all tingly and my scalp feels cool.

PureSilver

I'll post a picture of the one i'm using, the vicks will works just as good and probably even better.

vicks 4 me.jpg

It has only the first 3 ingredients of the Vicks brand in the exact same amounts/percentage. The Vicks has more ingredients so my next trip to the store i will include Vicks in my purchase. Also i paid $1 for it in Family Dollar.

naija24

My weave is out finally so I'm gonna invert startin Sunday!! I'll be using oils this time and massage for 5 minutes!! Let's see if I get that inch by next Saturday!!

*journey to full CBL*

BFeathers

Can you do this in a weave?

I'm on my last 2 weeks of my sew in and I already have a lot of growth but I did the inversion back in February and definitely got some good growth. I don't measure well so I'm not sure how much but more than usual.

I just want to give it a little extra while I'm not manipulating it before I take the weave down.

PureSilver

Day 3 completed, just so i dont forget to post for today though late it may be. I did the same thing; moisturized with my homemade mix and sealed edges and ends, nape with Vicks. I rubbed to throughout my scalp too. feels tingly & cool now.

PureSilver

Can you do this in a weave?

I'm on my last 2 weeks of my sew in and I already have a lot of growth but I did the inversion back in February and definitely got some good growth. I don't measure well so I'm not sure how much but more than usual.

I just want to give it a little extra while I'm not manipulating it before I take the weave down.

Of course you can, what is there to stop you? you could moisturize your scalp before inverting, maybe that will help the inversion.

gn1g

thanks lilmama1011,

I watched the Q&A YT video. I am joining this challenge today. I have a roman chair that I will be using for the inversion.

Is anyone doing this every 3 weeks?

kupenda

I COMPLETELY FELL OFF! SHEESH! Im starting back up right now! Massaging my scalp with coconut oil, then inverting.

Oan...ive seen some pretty decent growth. Maybe it's from the inversion I did before?

Last edited:

PureSilver

Day 4 completed....My routine id the same....applied homemade mix and sealed ends with vicks. Vicks also applied to scalp before inverting.

Tderham1314

I'm joining the challenge!!

My hair is currently bsb. I will need to take pictures once I take my Marley twists out though. I really am aiming for at least an inch per month so I hope this works. My goal is to grow and retain at least 4 inches by the end of the year. I think that's attainable!

PureSilver

Day 5 completed. I won't be applying vicks to my edges only the nape and crown. I really like the cool feeling in my head. 2 more days to go.

PureSilver

Day 7 completed. I made it FINALLY! I'm so happy, i feel like i'm back on track. I massaged while inverting, i didn't do my moisture and seal with vicks on my ends and scalp. Right now i have DE restore vitamin treatment in my hair as a prepoo, maybe i'll wash tonight and blow dry. Haven't decided yet.

Good Luck ladies, hope we get the 1'' we desire, God knows i need need it because i think this month alone i've lost 3'' or more.

gn1g

i did day 4 and day 5 but i need to take my time with the massage part. i need to do the remaining 2 days in the evening because i rush in the morning. i am really hoping this will work.