Is Hydrolyzed Proteins considered Proteins?

Leesh

When an Ingredient states Hydrolyzed Wheat protein or Hydrolyzed "Whatever" Protein (doesn't matter what Veggie they use), is that considered actual proteins that you would want to avoid if your looking to use a Non-Protein Product?

Denise11

Yes it's a protein derived from wheat gluten. It strengthens, softens, balances your hair' porosity, etc... All of the good stuff that proteins do. If you need to stay away from proteins I'll assume so. But I'm new here so I'm no expert.

Last edited:

Muse

Yes different types of protein can be hydrolyzed. Hydrolyzed keratin, silk, wheat proteins to name a few. When it has "hydrolyzed" in front of it that just means it's broken down into smaller molecules so it will penetrate the hair strands.

newflowers

What she said double.

I'm not really sure why you would want to avoid protein - maybe just certains types? For instance, in addition to be strengthening, wheat and silk will also help with moisture, softness, and shine - they're both very effective and very mild.

Leesh

Thank all of You! No, I do not want to stay away from them altogether, only when I'm overdone and need to just incorporate only Moisture. But, I was asking because someone posted a reply stating that they were not Proteins, Just wanted to verify that I wasn't giving misinformation, one of the Girls stated that a particular Shampoo did not have Protein in it, but it did have those particular ingredients, and I always knew or thought that they were, the reply stated that they weren't Proteins Per Se'!
Thank You Ladies Again!

Last edited: