Is it Really Hard ...to be natural?!

discobiscuits

being natural is difficult for me in the sense that it took me a long time to find products and regimens that work for me but also because people have no sense. they don't seem to know what to say out of their mouths about my natural hair. no, i do not let it bother me or get to me but it is irritating at times and in the beginning for me it was disheartening for me to hear people joke or put down my natural hair which is just like theirs (figuratively speaking). anyway, now i flaunt my natural hair ever where with every one and dare them to comment.

RedVelvet310

Hello fellow Canadian.. I've been noticing this too, and it frustrates me :wallbash: which is why I spend most of my time in the other boards. My hair is a MIXTURE of texture from 3b to 4a and it is NOT silky smooth like people make it out to be. It's frizzy, its course... and it's mine and I love it. Natural hair is only dfifficult when you try to go against its nature.. one thing naturals have to start doing is stop listening to what works for others and start listening to what works for you. Its YOUR HAIR. It's not chemically altered in any way shape or form (unless its coloured but thats a whole notha topic). LISTEN TO YOUR HAIR! It sounds crazy.. but it works.

I agree with everything you're saying in your post 100%... maybe its a Canadian mentality? LOL I'm joking I don't wanna generalize. I'd think as Canadians who experience extreme weather changes (harsh dry winters for MONTHS and MONTHS) we'd be the FIRST ones complaining about how 'difficult' our hair is. I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels the way I do about some people's appraoch to their natural locs

larry3344

Hi Bri, thx for your reply and I am just wondering how do you find many of the products listed here btw do you live in the GTA or downtown torontp:drunk: