Is my stylist not scissor happy enough?

Jassy28

My stylist knows that I am trying to grow my hair long, so she is really good about not chopping away at my length, but I feel like she should be cutting more.My ends a super dry and I am noticing broken ends on my counter. I have been examining both the broken and sheaded hairs and some were split in more than one place. It was only a few but still :nono:. My hair is growing and getting healthier but the breakage is still an issue :wallbash:. Should I have her cut more?

India*32

She may be honoring your wishes. Maybe, just dust your own ends and put in a bun. At least she didn't cut. My ex-stylist cut my hair because one side was longer. Asymmetical cut, of course one side is going to be longer. Before, I could check, she cut it off. Then didn't cut evenly, so I went to my Asian Stylist to correct. So, trim yourself, then you can ensure not too much is cut. Happy Hair Growing. :)

BostonMaria

Maybe its something else causing the breakage. I would have her cut more only after an Aphogee treatment and deep conditioning.

Jassy28

Lol! at the bolded. What was she thinking! Some stylist don't care they just do whatever they want. I'v walked out of a salon with baby bangs that I didn't ask for! Maybe I will trim myself!! Thanks
She may be honoring your wishes. Maybe, just dust your own ends and put in a bun. At least she didn't cut. My ex-stylist cut my hair because one side was longer. Asymmetical cut, of course one side is going to be longer. Before, I could check, she cut it off. Then didn't cut evenly, so I went to my Asian Stylist to correct. So, trim yourself, then you can ensure not too much is cut. Happy Hair Growing. :)

Jassy28

Hmm...I didn't think to use Aphogee. I was focusing on moisture treatments. Maybe I do need some protein.
Maybe its something else causing the breakage. I would have her cut more only after an Aphogee treatment and deep conditioning.

me-T

yeah umm....can you send me that salon's addy so i can mapquest it? you've got a rare stylist. try using more moisturizer and you should be fine, if your breakage is only from dry ends

lilsparkle825

i have never heard of someone wanting their stylist to cut MORE. if your ends are dry, try DCing 2x a week for a month or so, then reassess...

...and search and destroy is SO much better for split ends than cutting everything.

Jassy28

Lol... she is good, but I do pay the price. Relaxer, rinse, blow dry and a little trimming cost me $160...without tip!

yeah umm....can you send me that salon's addy so i can mapquest it? you've got a rare stylist. try using more moisturizer and you should be fine, if your breakage is only from dry ends

anon123

like bostonmaria, I'm wondering if it isn't something else. Perhaps your stylist doesn't think cutting more will solve the problem.

Jassy28

I guess I'm just a little fearful of losing my progress. Do you have any suggestiobs on how to search and destroy CBL hair. Its hair for me to see the back ends of my hair. TIA

i have never heard of someone wanting their stylist to cut MORE. if your ends are dry, try DCing 2x a week for a month or so, then reassess...

...and search and destroy is SO much better for split ends than cutting everything.

Jassy28

Its wierd, she seems to think my hair is doing well! She said that my ends are still a little damaged, but they can just be cut as my hair grows. I'm afraid that the split hairs are going to travel up and ruin the healthy hair.
I have always thought there was nothing that could be done for damaged ends but to cut them, am I wrong?

like bostonmaria, I'm wondering if it isn't something else. Perhaps your stylist doesn't think cutting more will solve the problem.

lilsparkle825

I guess I'm just a little fearful of losing my progress. Do you have any suggestiobs on how to search and destroy CBL hair. Its hair for me to see the back ends of my hair. TIA
so let me get this straight...you are fearful of losing your progress, but you don't think your stylist is cutting enough?! :perplexed

maybe a magnifying mirror to see your ends...my hair is a little past CBL and i can see my ends just fine.

Jassy28

Okay, I know that sounds odd, so let me explain my thinking a little better. All the hair that I have grown in the past year is in great shape but the old hair;the ends are still there. Im afraid that the damaged ends will travel up the hair shaft and cause damage to my new healthy hair, causing me to have to chop of more hair in the long run. I hope that makes sense.

Hmm...am I being paranoid?:look:

so let me get this straight...you are fearful of losing your progress, but you don't think your stylist is cutting enough?! :perplexed

maybe a magnifying mirror to see your ends...my hair is a little past CBL and i can see my ends just fine.

India*32

Hey Ma,

Don't be fearful. We all know our own hair. I'm going to purchase a pair of shears and dust and trim until I'm satisfied. If I cut more than needed, ok. it will grow back. Enjoy your journey. Happy Hair Growing :)

tbaby_8

Talk to your stylist. You asked her to not cut to much and she is doing as you asked. If YOU feel that she needs to cut more than ask her to cut more, but tell or show her how much more you want her to cut. On her cutting comb, she has her numbers and you can use that to show her much to cut. That way their should be no misunderstanding. HTH

Jassy28

I just got a pair of shears the other the other day, but I'm a little afraid :spinning:. But like you said, it grows back! Thanks!

Hey Ma,

Don't be fearful. We all know our own hair. I'm going to purchase a pair of shears and dust and trim until I'm satisfied. If I cut more than needed, ok. it will grow back. Enjoy your journey. Happy Hair Growing :)

Jassy28

Yeah,thats a good point, Im going to talk to her on my next visit. Thanks

Talk to your stylist. You asked her to not cut to much and she is doing as you asked. If YOU feel that she needs to cut more than ask her to cut more, but tell or show her how much more you want her to cut. On her cutting comb, she has her numbers and you can use that to show her much to cut. That way their should be no misunderstanding. HTH