Do you Relax More Often during the Summer?

Do you Relax More Often during the Summer?

• Yes. My hair is wild and grows faster.

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • No. My hair is the same year-round.

Votes: 6 75.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

vtoodler

Supposedly, hair grows faster during the summer, and hair is usually more unruly during summer months? So do you relax more often during the summer? Or do you do relax at the same rate year round.

I actually stretch longer in the summer, because when it's hot I like to wear a lot more textured styles like twistouts. In the winter I start bunning in up and doing more rollersets, so thats the only time i'm really concerned with having smooth edges.

I relax at the beginning and at the end of the summer..my hair grows slow anyway, summer doesn't make a difference. But I wouldn't think it'd be good for me to relax in the summer anyway. I sweat in my scalp alot, so I think I'd be more prone to burns and whatnot from my pores being open all the time.

No, it is the same all year round. I was doing a 26 week stretch broke down at 14 weeks post.

So, now I am back to (Mar., June, Sept. , & Dec.)

When I was relaxed my styist used to always tell me oh gurl, your hair grows so fast in the summer, come in every 4 weeks instead of every 6 to get ya touch up okay??? I used to shrug and be like ok I guess (lets be real, they just came up with an excuse to have you come in and shell out $$:nono:).......one summer I simply didnt have the money to be going to them on the regular and stretched all summer and only relaxed for the new school year....I was shocked to see my hair was almost MBL....I was like WHOA awesome! Thats wierd and shrugged it off as a random growth spurt......now that I'm on LHCF, I see that thats what I should've been doing all along:lachen:

Oh well, I'm happily natural now but if I were relaxed I'd do exactly as prospurr said:yep: I'm trying my damndest to get my cousin and my friend to listen to me when I tell them to perm 3 times a yr 4x max:pray: wish me luck yall!!:crossfingers:

Back