Is the time you set for your hair goals realistic?

Bmm

I was just wondering. If you think that the goals you set can be reached in
the time you allot?

if yes why?

if not why?

esoterica

i'm aiming for waistlength by dec 2007 (longest layer)
and 2010 for waistlength of the shortest layer which is eye level right now.
im pretty sure thats enough time.

CurliDiva

I want to be BS length (24 inches) by December 2007. :D This is an agressive schedule and goal, but I need to aim HIGH to keep on track.

Tami

Miss Bubblegum
I wanted to be bra strap in two years when I first joined LHCF I had just cut my hair to chin length so I think that gave me ample time. I have 5 months to go and about 6 inches. hopefully I make it.

HoneyDew

Well I don't get an inch a month like the MTG/SURGE/SUPER VITAMINS users get. I get the average 1/5 inch a month and I try to keep it real when it comes to my goals.

CarLiTa

Before i knew a lot about hair, When i started getting all obssessed with growing my hair out, i thought i could get to long hair in just a few months, but then i realized :lol: what a joke!
but then i found LHCF and learned about the 1/2" thing and that's when i really became conscious of it, and that it would take me time to grow it to the lengths i want. Of course, I still thought i'd be able to grow more than 3" in 4 months... I got a reality check after I tried to use Surge and realized it just wasn't for me. I did the vitamins thing for a month then i just didnt' feel like it anymore.

Now I don't do anything to try to maximize my growth rate (except exercising, but that's a good for a bunch of things and i enjoy it :) ) I just take a regular multi-vitamin and take care of my hair. I do get a little crazy about length, I admit, but not to an extreme! my growth rate is 0.6" a month and that's fine. I'm just into RETAINING healthy hair now... that's my main goal (and to stop shedding, as of lately lol)

So yes, with my growth rate, and taking care of myself, I think my waistlength goal is realistic. I hope to be at 24" in December (according to normal growth rate) which would put me at 7" from Waistlength. I might not completely make it there, but hey, I'll be satisfied with a couple inches from waistlength :D

meia

im looking to gain about 8-12 inches by 07' which is apart of the waist length by 2007 challenge. i think if I keep up my use of mtg, conditioning (baggies and deep conditioning treatments) and less manipulation, its definitely going to be a challenge because thats approximately 1 inch a month..

im thinking I should definitely be to where I want to be at least by 07- i grew a whole inch in september so i can probably yield the same results each month to follow..

im hoping this works! and it definitely does seem like a lot of trouble! ironically enough, with hair in any state, length etc., its a lot of care..i dont think itll necessarily change with longer hair at any length- in fact it might get easier for some and stop the mtg usage, vitamins, etc.,..i definitely want to quit mtg asap...definitely..the smell is so strong! and its so unpleasant! lol

soon soon ima reach my goals!

Lucia

I think I will be 1-2 inches short of WSL 12.2005 but I will def. hit WSL sometime 2006 and I gave myself 12 months from WSL to hit TBN 2007 that's more realistic I think because I'll only need 4 inches to get from WSL to TBN.

Last edited:

LongIslandBeauty

I'd like to be bra strap length by the end of 2006. I gain about .33" a month. I think it's a realistic goal. No growth enhancers have worked for me (surge, biotin did work but gave terrible acne) so I'm just doing it the old fashion way - con wash & poo once a week, almost no heat, daily moisture, etc. So far I've had great retention, so we'll see. I've made alot of progress. I started with no hair in the back and about 4 inches in the front. I've passed neck level in the back and it's only been 1.4 years w/ deep trims to get rid of damaged hair. If I don't make it, I'll be close. The most important thing is thick healthy hair with visible progress.

Well right now my hair is slightly below my shoulders and I want to be bra-clasp by April 2006 (my college graduation date). It would be nice to celebrate two milestones at once, but that's 7 months from now and I'm 5 inches away. In my honest opinion, that's not realistic. So I have shifted my bra-clasp goal to August 2006. I can get crazy when it comes to length and measuring, but I've learned to take it one month at a time.

kombov_dymond

When I first found the boards, I thought I would be BS in a matter of months. I was quickly put in my place. The ladies here make it look SO easy.

I too had to learn that my hair grows about 1/3 of an inch a month, so it's going to take some TIME. I have settled on the fact that as long as it is as healthier and stronger than it's ever been, I can wait to see what time holds. I'll just have fun with what I have for the time being.

I think I will reach my goal by the end of the year. I'll worry about next year when I get to it. That frame of mind keeps me from pulling this crap out of my head at times. :yep:

Healthb4Length

I believe I'm fairly realistic with my goals. Right now I'm just above bra length and I hope that I will be waist length or close to it by the end of 06. With the various things I do I should be close to it, I'm MTGing, I'm doing the C&G method, when I'm out of braids I do protective styles like braidouts and twistouts I always oil my ends and I do the baggie trick from time to time. If only I could get my eating right and exercise right that I think I would really accelerate hair growth...I'm trying.;)

Naijaqueen

Right now my hair is almost shoulder length. I would like to be shoulder length by dec, armpit length by start of spring around april, and at bra strap by dec 2006. In the winter, I'm going to be bagging, MTGing and bunning so that should help with moisture and less manipulation. I'm staying away from heat except when I go to the salon, I probably have 2 more salon visits for the yr, one being prob to get a doobie for a wedding and then to get my touchup in Dec. I just relaxed with Phyto after 9 weeks, and trying to stretch for 12-13weeks to get my touchup a few days before Christmas.
I've ot used my flat iron since early July, and prob will never use it no time soon at least. If doing my 12-13weeks stretching period I absolutely need heat, I'll go get my hair blowdried around thanksgiving.
I'll do CW every 5days, and airdry in a bun, or if i wasnt to be fancy i'll use my steam rollers.

Victorian

old head
I think the best goals are those that are in line with your current growth rate and regimen, but then take it just a little bit of a stretch. That extra half an inch or whatever that you add on and tell yourself you're going to try to get can make a difference when it comes to being motivated to do your daily haircare. Which is why, although my official deadline for reaching waistlength is Jan. '07, in my mind I'm trying to get there in about 12-13 months. I've never gotten that much growth in a year before (8-9 inches), but I've also never taken as good care of my hair as I am now. I don't see any reason not to go for the gusto!! And if I don't make it I'm surely not going to beat myself up over it either because I know every inch I do get will be hard-earned and needs to be cherished :grin: