Is there a "I WILL NOT CUT MY HAIR" challenge in effect?

Hi ladies,

I just had a little hair epiphany.

For the past 2 and half years I have been in an endless cycle of getting my hair cut unnecessarily for the most part. During the instances when I all needed was a slight trim, it suddenly became a cut from the stylist. The longest I have gone without cutting my hair has been a year.

I believe that that year helped pushed me past BSL which was a big hurdle. I also really like having thick blunt ends and I let others tell me that thin=breaking which isn't always the case. Thus resulting in my tendency to cut my hair in its "trying to catch up" phase.

Does anyone have any tips for resisting to cut/pick up the phone and call stylist for a trim?

Is there a "I will not cut my hair" challenge going on at the moment?

Because I need to be on it! :yep:

This is what I'm talking about:
March 2009 cut to above BSL
Dec 2009 I made WL
Jan 2010 I cut to BSL
May 2010 Made WL, but this month I cut it back to BSL.

Last edited:

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
wow, i was just about to search this!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (weird)

so i started my own personal "dont cut" challenge. im only going to do search & destroys.

anyone else?

Ijanei

I have that urge weekly...I wanna just snip and keep snipping. IDK why...

btw, ur hair is gorgeous PLEASE dont cut

My Friend

Hi ladies,

I just had a little hair epiphany.

For the past 2 and half years I have been in an endless cycle of getting my hair cut unnecessarily for the most part. During the instances when I all needed was a slight trim, it suddenly became a cut from the stylist. The longest I have gone without cutting my hair has been a year.

I believe that that year helped pushed me past BSL which was a big hurdle. I also really like having thick blunt ends and I let others tell me that thin=breaking which isn't always the case. Thus resulting in my tendency to cut my hair in its "trying to catch up" phase.

Does anyone have any tips for resisting to cut/pick up the phone and call stylist for a trim?

Is there a "I will not cut my hair" challenge going on at the moment?

Because I need to be on it! :yep:

This is what I'm talking about:
March 2009 cut to above BSL
Jan 2010 I cut to BSL
May 2010 Made WL, but this month I cut it back to BSL.

Girrrrrllllllllllll, I'm trying to get where you've been over and over :lachen:

Why the urge to cut? Do you want to sport shorter styles? Weight of hair? Hot?

wow, i was just about to search this!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (weird)

so i started my own personal "dont cut" challenge. im only going to do search & destroys.

anyone else?

That is great!!!! Search and destroys sound like a great idea for the next year!

Also **BUMPING** for some more people out there!

[/B]

Girrrrrllllllllllll, I'm trying to get where you've been over and over :lachen:

Why the urge to cut? Do you want to sport shorter styles? Weight of hair? Hot?

Girl, I ask myself this all the time. Each time I have gotten close to WL, I notice my ends start to thin and I start freaking out thinking that my hair is going to break if I don't trim.

The times when I don't have any splits, I ask the person who is trimming my hair to dust and they wind up just cutting my hair. :nono:

NIN4eva

I'm in!

I've just blow dried my hair to enjoy my length for the day and REALLY want some fresh ends. It's probably been like a year since I've blow dried. But I don't have split ends (I do have some of the bent ones though) and I very rarely wear straight styles and I have quite a bit of new growth so I'd have to flat iron to trim and I ain't doing that! It's been about a year and some months since I've trimmed. If ya'll think I need to get rid of these bendy ends let me know. I don't have the patience to S&D my own head.

ms.blue

my hair not long but I like to trim my hair alot and that is why I believe I'm still at the same length since early march. I have two scissors in my bedroom and when I'm bored I take them and start trimming away. After my two inch trim at the end of april (i already gave myself a one inch trim a week before and it was horrible which had led me get two inch trim from a professional and after that b/c of the split ends from the dom. blowout I gave myself another trim) I decided to stop so I put braids all over to help me to to try to put scissors to my head. I'm still a working progress b/c I undid one braid last week just to trim the ends.:nono:

Junebug D

I've been feeling the itch again too. Cutting is the main reason why I've never been past SL. :look: I've been on my own personal "no cut" mission for about two years now. I'm trying to make it to 5 years without a cut.

donewit-it

I'll join in.

I am getting extremely bored with my hair. If I'm committed to not cutting, maybe I'll get to my goal of MBL come December, 2010.

Ms Lala

OH my, the scissors keep calling my name. I cut off 2 inches a while ago now I"m thinking about cutting again. I just bought some new shears and I really want to try them out. Please start this challenge!

brucebettye

I am trying not to cut my hair. I am almost apl and I want to cut my hair back to about ear length. I love my hair short so I need to join a no cut challenge.

Tangles

My fascination with the scissors is the reason I'm still at neck length:perplexed I seriously need this challenge....I have issues:wallbash:

TruMe

Don't know if this does you any good but I will not be cutting nor trimming my hair AT ALL once I finish getting these relaxed ends off of my head. Right now I am trimming every 6 weeks a little at a time until I am fully natural. Once I get there...I am SOOO in this challenge.

Nasdaq_Diva

I'm a chronic cutter too. I was cutting my hair 1-1.5inch every 2-3 months. I think that's why I was at SL so long. Once I stopped with the scissors, my hair sprouted to APL! My goal is MBL by Dec. *fingers crossed*

I'm learning that my ends were thin and dry. Just because they are dry doesn't mean damaged. So, I started baggying. The dryness has gone away.

The thin ends though *sigh* they are my downfall. Haven't figured out how to thicken that up yet.

But, I'm on a personal no cut/dust/trim challenge until Dec. 31. I plan to do a length check (with heat YIKES!!) and do a really good trim then.

silenttullip

Yep me too I've been even putting off my search and destroy haven't done it since November I was going to do it in March then May I may do it this month and not cut besires that but I kinda need a cut my hair isn't even from doing the whole cutting ends while having twists in. That doesnt work well for me

kmn1980

Emoticons don't affect me
This is what I need because this 100 degree weather is no joke. I feel like doing a Halle Berry in Boomerang.

so1913

This is what I need because this 100 degree weather is no joke. I feel like doing a Halle Berry in Boomerang.

I feel you...fortunately these last 2 days have been cooler, but man, when the heat is blazing I'm ready to CHOP!!! Haven't "cut" since last October...still holding out...

SignatureBeauty

I so need this, I am so addicted to scissors & clippers, I will shave my head in a minute, I am finally letting my hair grow out, But this challenge is so needed.

Growing My Glory

Right now, I don't think I will EVER cut my hair again. Every time I feel the urge to dust my ends, I decide to give my ends a little oil instead. I tried EVOO for the first time a few weeks ago and I sooo liked the results. I may dust my ends in December 2010 but my goal is to retain as much of my hair as I can. A few months ago I had converation with a stylist who really wanted to "trim" my hair but I promised her that I would allow her trim my ends on my next visit. I was going weekly but I haven't been back since our very difficult conversation.

Last edited:

givemecurls

OMG...I REALLY need this to be a challenge lol. For nearly ten years I cut my hair every year mostly because I love short hair cuts. I promised my mom I would actually let my hair grow and this time around I've gone 2 years with no cut. Im fiending like a crackhead for the scissors :lachen:

My goal is 5 WHOLE years with no cut...but the summer time is my weakness :help:

Wish me luck!

SimpleKomplexity

Yall I was walking around here feeling all good saying. Wow. This is the longest my hair has ever been. THEN I looked up all my posts started by me and I ran across this picture from June 2009 and then compared is to my June 2010 picture and then looked at the Horror! It looks like I'm exactly where I was!! (I've had like 3-4 trims since last year) WTF! I gotta get on it! No more trimming for me. I don't care HOW my ends look. I will just have to keep them up until my hair is like 2 inches past BSB so I can get a trim and be right at BSB after the trim. My hair grows in a V. It's not damaged but it definately looks like that depending on what I put in it

June 2009

June 2010

Last edited:
Try wearing your hair in a rollerset ( see avatar ).

I rearly wear my hair pin straight so there is no need to have perfectly blunt ends.

However I do own a CreaClip so that when I feel the need for a trim I can ask someone I trust to do it and it should still be even.

Thank you for the tips Vicky! What is a CreaClip? What is your rollerset process and how often do you rollerset?

indarican

I would love to join! i just recently cut my hair about three inches back to a blunt nl/sl. I dont want to cut anymore. and as a deterrent, im not going to get a Dominican blowout for a while... it seems like everytime i sit in that chair, my mouth forms the word trim.:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash: