Is this the same thing as flatironing wet hair

caress

There's been a lot of talk about flatironing hair while it is wet. While I usually blowdry my hair first I realized that, in a way, my hair is wet when I flatiron it. I use Redken So Long Heat Treat to flatiron my hair. It makes my hair damp. Would you consider this the same difference?

What I do is spray a little of the Heat Treat on my fingers. Then I might rub my fingers together to evaporate it a little (sometimes I don't) and then smooth it down the length of my hair except for the hair closest to the roots. Then I run the flatiron down the length of my hair once or twice. It's usually dry by then.

I have to say that my hair has not suffered from this. i'm about to finish my first bottle of the Heat Treat and the last time I went in for a touch up, a girl in the shop commented on how even my ends look. My last trim had been 11 weeks before then. Any thoughts?

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
Re: Is this the same thing as flatironing hair while w

[ QUOTE ]
Any thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thoughts: I might have to go get me some Redken Heat Treat!

Chaya

Re: Is this the same thing as flatironing hair while w

Do you really like this heat treat? How much is it?

Armyqt

Re: Is this the same thing as flatironing hair whi

Is that you in the photo caress? Beautiful hair

caress

[ QUOTE ]
Supergirl said:
[ QUOTE ]
Any thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thoughts: I might have to go get me some Redken Heat Treat!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I really do like the Heat Treat. My ends stay so smooth and manageable. I get it at Trade Secret or Ulta for around $12.95.

Oh and no that is not me. That's Joy Bryant, an actress.

Allandra

[ QUOTE ]
Supergirl said:
Okay, Allandra's not close by, is she?

[/ QUOTE ]
Bam (with my cape blowing in the wind).
I'm right here. You weren't thinking about buying anything now were you?
Come on girl. Hold out until January 1, 2004. You can do it. Pssst. I'm keeping an eye out on you AND Sassygirl too.

i have a question. i have read about many ladies on the board who flat iron their hair while wet. are you putting yourself at risk for being electricuted? concerned...

sithembile

I use Aveda damage control the same way you use the heat treat, and I don't think that its doing any harm, and it doesn't make my hair stiff or anything.

SVT

[ QUOTE ]
Allandra said:
[ QUOTE ]
Supergirl said:
Okay, Allandra's not close by, is she?

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm right here.

[/ QUOTE ]

sassygirl125

Professional PJ

[ QUOTE ]
Allandra said:
Pssst. I'm keeping an eye out on you AND Sassygirl too.

[/ QUOTE ]

caress

[ QUOTE ]
oregonchick97266 said:
i have a question. i have read about many ladies on the board who flat iron their hair while wet. are you putting yourself at risk for being electricuted? concerned...

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think so becayse I think the whole flatiron would have to be immersed in water for that to happen.

[ QUOTE ]
sithembile said:
I use Aveda damage control the same way you use the heat treat, and I don't think that its doing any harm, and it doesn't make my hair stiff or anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here. I have been eyeing the aveda Damage Control for years but for some reason haven't tried it.