It's amazing how coarse hair...

Leshia

It\'s amazing how coarse hair...

Can seem so fine when relaxed! You know, I left my hair down while it air-dried for a bit yesterday. When it dried I looked as though I needed to pack my bags and move to a crackhouse. When I combed it out, I saw some fullness but I realize I could never just air-dry with curl activator and go! Anybody with fine hair see this for themselves??? /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Leshia

Re: It\'s amazing how coarse hair...

Where are all the fine-haired girls? Does everyone look great when they air dry (without styling) and go?

Leigh

That's probably because the person either has fine or thin hair. Tightness of curl pattern does not mean the hair is fine. The actual diameter of the strand determines this.

SweetNic_JA

Leisha,
I don't have the option of doing the wash'n go while LOOKING good. I have very fine 4a/4b hair but trust me, there are days when I cuddle up at home on the couch with my wash'n go ...when it's safe at home and no one seems me.

Leshia

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
SweetNic_JA said:
Leisha,
I don't have the option of doing the wash'n go while LOOKING good. I have very fine 4a/4b hair but trust me, there are days when I cuddle up at home on the couch with my wash'n go ...when it's safe at home and no one seems me.

[/ QUOTE ]

*busts out laughing* That was too funny...I actually laughed out loud.
So do you usually air dry? What do you do with it then if you don't just wash n' go? Bun?

LondonDiva

I can't wash and go. The best I can do is smooth down, put in a ponytail, pin up then go /images/graemlins/flyingwitch.gif It looks too frizzy if I airdy it completely.

Tracy

My hair is fine and I wash and go a lot - more often in the summer. There are tricks to airdrying the hair and "looking good" (girl you are too cute...) if you're interested in experimenting a little. It took me a few years to get it down to a science but it's liek second nature to me now. The right types and amount of product, and WHEN to touch are the two most crucial elements I've found.

Cleo

Well share your secrets with us Tracy /images/graemlins/scratchchin.gif, because I would like to experiment with wash and go and look good as well. /images/graemlins/smile.gif. What products have been instrumental in your success? I still have issues with air drying and roller sets, but that's another topic.

Allandra

Leshia said:
When it dried I looked as though I needed to pack my bags and move to a crackhouse. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Girl, you know you had me LOL after I read this. I know it couldn't have looked that bad. Maybe you could try
using some other type of hair care product to air dry with. What other products do you have? When I do a wash
and go to wear my hair down (in the summer), I use Salon Selectives Loosely Defined Styling Crème. It works
pretty well for me.

free2bme

Leshia,
U just migth be my hair twin. I have fine fine 4b hair that I can maquerade the finess with good rollerset but i am still learning how to do the air dry thing. I can only air dry when my hair is in a ponytail not when it's out loose. Keep me posted if u find any product combinations that work for you.

Leshia

Allandra said:
Leshia said:
When it dried I looked as though I needed to pack my bags and move to a crackhouse. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, you laugh, but I was being honest! *smirks* Umm, I don't have anything to aid in looking diva-like when I air-dry. My hands are starting to shake as they reach for my card to consider buying something now! *laughing* I don't know if it's because of my hair only being around shoulder length or what...maybe it's the fine texture that inhibits a wash n' go....I just don't know if this works for me.
Girl, you know you had me LOL after I read this. I know it couldn't have looked that bad. Maybe you could try
using some other type of hair care product to air dry with. What other products do you have? When I do a wash
and go to wear my hair down (in the summer), I use Salon Selectives Loosely Defined Styling Crème. It works
pretty well for me.

[/ QUOTE ]