Jan/Feb 2009 - MT/OCT Challenge Thread

thaidreams

Brownskinned Babydoll you've made some amazing progress in the past few months! Be sure to post pics after your trim!!!

cicilypayne

I started off with OCT and then switched to Mega Tek to save money
hair photos 001.JPGSeptember 2008
hair photos 013.JPG November 2008
hair phots & jeremy 1.7 months 017.JPGFeb. 2009

I'm a super slow grower so I mostly noticed the thickness and fullness and I am happy with that..My hair is weaved up in between these dates. These photos are after a relaxer and my hair is air dried no heat used for straightening. I usually get about a 1/4" a month without Mega Tek , with megatek maybe a little more but not 1 inch r anything. My hairdresser insisted on trimming after september and feburary.:ohwell: I am very pleased with it because hair weaves can wreck havoc if used for long periods of time and I think Mega Tek helps keep my hair healthy:rolleyes::yep:

I am not due for another takeout( net weave) until 2nd week April so my Feb 2009 photo will be my start for March 01 challenge.

Last edited:

supermodelsonya

brownskinnedbabydoll--That is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can you believe that I still don't have any MT yet? A few weeks later, I'm still on the "Case of the Missing Megatek"

Sounds like one of those Encyclopedia Brown novels huh?

LaidBak

thanks justkiya for the add..

Question ladies has anyone used it throughout the week without washing.. Im starting to think me and cowashing dint get along and I wanna stay away..
I mixed mine 50/50 with oil and apply it to my scalp during the week. I dilute it that much so as to not have white buildup.

ScandalousBeauty

I went to a farm store and bought mine today! LOL...I was NOT about to wait to place an order and arrive in the mail! I think I am going to do a personal twist challenge or something like that, so I can monitor growth. I want to do micro twists and wear them for a month, if they will last that long. We will see how it goes! I think I am going to mix mine with my Ayurvedic oils and see how it goes! I'll be updating my natural hair blog with results.

OP: Could you add me to challenge? Thanks!

Last edited:

melodies815

Ok, I'm back on the horse. My scalp has calmed down from the MN debacle in December. I have about 4-5 weeks of MT left and then I'll relax my hair. I haven't used it since December or early January so I'm wondering if I'll get the big growth spurt I got the first 7 weeks of using it. I got 2 inches in 7 weeks....no b.s....

Did anyone who stopped using MT for a while, come back and get a big spurt of growth like the 1st time?

HAHAA!!! "Back on the horse...." is too cute for a MT thread. :lachen::lachen:

cj

melodies815

Can you believe that I still don't have any MT yet? A few weeks later, I'm still on the "Case of the Missing Megatek"

It took over 2 weeks for mine to get to me last year...and they ended up giving me an extra bottle...:lick:

cj

cicilypayne

:lachen:too funny I know how it is to wait for something you really want and it takes forever:yawn: Don't worry I'm sure you'll be Mega Teking soon:yep:

supermodelsonya

Thanks guys....I ordered two bottles. One is in a paypal dispute, and the other was shipped yesterday. I also ordered Bee Mine and some JBCO to add to my conditioners for some thick hair.

I'm oh so serious...

tatambabyy

hey ladies. I've been using OCT/MT for a little under a month. I have gotten some growth not much, but im satisfied. My hair has def. thickened up. the pics are in my siggy

ETA: actually I just realized the first picture was taken January 29th, so i guess its not really accurate.

Last edited:

cicilypayne

hey ladies. I've been using OCT/MT for a little under a month. I have gotten some growth not much, but im satisfied. My hair has def. thickened up. the pics are in my siggy

ETA: actually I just realized the first picture was taken January 29th, so i guess its not really accurate.

I can see the difference and I think you r gonna really like it next check in:drunk:

weaveologist

Ladies, I am devestated!!!!!! :wallbash:

I ordered a brand new bottle of MT and a new bottle of OCT. Its on the way. I was all super uber excited. I did my hair over again last night and..... :wallbash: my wig is stuck to my head!!! I can't get this freakin thing off! Usually I use a satin cap to bond, but forgot to purchase one. So I tried to be slick and just use 4 stockin' caps....:nono: Did not work. Now this thing is stuck on my head for the next three weeks so I can not apply my regimen until then. Ooooooo I'm mad!! I want to actually take it down, but that is a waste of $150 bucks worth of hair!

I still may take it down. That's too much time wasted. I could have gotten half an inch in the next three weeks...:nono:

Ltown

Greyland
I got about inch of ng from Meg tek initially back in Oct but for this challenge just thickness. I just started using OCT Sunday hoping to see something new.

MarieB

I've been using MT for about a month, and I think I've got about a half inch. I need to take a new progress pic, but I've got to wait til my latest roller set calms down ;).

SCarolinaGirl

I'd like to join... I've been using mega tek (mixed with aloe vera gel and rosemary oil) for two weeks now and I have a little progress already!

I don't think that I've been added yet... can you add me please? Thanks!

cicilypayne

Excellent progress futurescbride may I ask what brand aloe vera gel and what is your mix formula I think I need to try your mix.

Last edited:

Pamsc

I know I am super late, so I will wait for the next challenge. I just started using OCT 2wks ago and can already feel the difference in my hair texture( stronger & softer). Also, it appears to be a tad bit thicker. I took some pics last night, so I will post them for the next challenge. I should have somthing to compare it to by then.

Good luck ladies.

*closer*2*my*dreams*

I have to honestly say that i am sad and discouraged. I've been using oct & mt since september (off & on, at least 3x a week) and my hair is definitely at a standstill...i have noticed no growth (not even my normal growth)...i've continued my regimen. i've co-washed, deep conditioned, protective stlyed; i've done a few flat irons and i've gotten nothing. it's not a retention issue because i've had no breakage (this is shocking)...i can say i've had less breakage since joining lhcf!

however, my growth is nonexistent and i'm not over exaggerating. i'll post comparison pics later this evening (i'm at work now), but i have not noticed a difference at all. the same piece in the back that hovered at sl since september is the same piece hovering at sl in february.

i just don't know what to do...

JustKiya

Are you relaxed or natural, closer?

Everyone who has requested to be added up to this post has been added!

*closer*2*my*dreams*

JustKiya to the rescue!!! lol!! I love your posts!

I'm transitioning. I've trimmed maybe 1 cm of hair since I started in February 2008 (that's not an exaggeration either). My ends are "eh" but i'm happy because i hardly wear the hair straight and out for me or anyone else to really care.

melodies815

Quick big-up to CURLYMOO:

This young woman is the bomb. I am not officially in the thread , but I use it regularly and have since Sept (maybe August?) and I really don't know what I am doing. I've seen growth, but I promise....IT'S BY ACCIDENT!!! :lachen::lachen::lachen:

I PMed CurlyMoo to ask her her regimen and to tell her a bit about myself and she just gave me everything I needed to make MT work best for my hair type and health concerns!!! Nothing too complicated, but right up my alley. Wow!

I just want to thank her publicly and also to say to all the women of this board that you are all really special. I "visited" another site yesterday, just curious to see if I could learn anything new, but it was so catty and mean on just the few pages I read that I could never join there.

You don't have to belong to a particular faith to just be kind and considerate!!! I was like...DAAAANNNNNGGGG!!!! :lachen::lachen: It happens here on occasion, but it's the exception, not the rule. Thank the good Lord for that!

Anyway...thanks for being who you are, women of LHCF, and for making this place a place where we learn together instead of tearing each other down regularly.

Much love...

*skipping towards my beloved bottle of MT*

Christi

Jaxhair

Quick big-up to CURLYMOO:

This young woman is the bomb. I am not officially in the thread , but I use it regularly and have since Sept (maybe August?) and I really don't know what I am doing. I've seen growth, but I promise....IT'S BY ACCIDENT!!! :lachen::lachen::lachen:

I PMed CurlyMoo to ask her her regimen and to tell her a bit about myself and she just gave me everything I needed to make MT work best for my hair type and health concerns!!! Nothing too complicated, but right up my alley. Wow!

I just want to thank her publicly and also to say to all the women of this board that you are all really special. I "visited" another site yesterday, just curious to see if I could learn anything new, but it was so catty and mean on just the few pages I read that I could never join there.

You don't have to belong to a particular faith to just be kind and considerate!!! I was like...DAAAANNNNNGGGG!!!! :lachen::lachen: It happens here on occasion, but it's the exception, not the rule. Thank the good Lord for that!

Anyway...thanks for being who you are, women of LHCF, and for making this place a place where we learn together instead of tearing each other down regularly.

Much love...

*skipping towards my beloved bottle of MT*

Christi

I joined but refused to pay subscription to another hair forum meant only for naturals as I hardly get anything there - it's full of negativity, almost like there are people just waiting to shoot others down. I like it for the UK nappies get togethers and I only post on the UK get together thread but so scared of posting elsewhere lest I say something wrong and get flamed lol!

Anyway, I'm still loving MT, using it on scalp everyday and DC with it once a week.

SCarolinaGirl

Excellent progress futurescbride may I ask what brand aloe vera gel and what is your mix formula I think I need to try your mix.

I use Fruit of the Earth (I think that's the name) from walmart. My ratio is about 3/4 bottle of megatek, 1/4 of aloe vera and 20 drops of rosemary oil.

Jaxhair

I don't know if it's MT or ayurveda but something is working well for me! I recently started Dc with MT and my ayurvedic oils on dry hair. I'm re-twisting right now and I'm so pleased to report my hair feels so much stronger than it did 2 weeks ago! And my daily applications to the scalp must be helping to as I notice fuzzy little hairs on my edges which are a problem area. I hope my whole head of hair is getting thicker and longer too but it's too soon to tell.

I sure will carry on with my current plan!

Have a fab weekend ladies!

supermodelsonya

Can you believe that I'm getting my Megatek today? I am patiently waiting for the Post office to deliver my goods to me! I also ordered Bee Mine and JBCO.

I can't wait. I've waited two weeks!

CurlyMoo

Okay ladies, I know the official challenge isn't over until the end of the month, but I went ahead and put my progress pics in my siggy because I really really really need a trim, but I wanted to post my progress pics first.

CONGRATULATIONS! WOW, your progress is amazing. You look like BSL now. :yep: How much did you trim back?

CurlyMoo

I have to honestly say that i am sad and discouraged. I've been using oct & mt since september (off & on, at least 3x a week) and my hair is definitely at a standstill...i have noticed no growth (not even my normal growth)...i've continued my regimen. i've co-washed, deep conditioned, protective stlyed; i've done a few flat irons and i've gotten nothing. it's not a retention issue because i've had no breakage (this is shocking)...i can say i've had less breakage since joining lhcf!

however, my growth is nonexistent and i'm not over exaggerating. i'll post comparison pics later this evening (i'm at work now), but i have not noticed a difference at all. the same piece in the back that hovered at sl since september is the same piece hovering at sl in february.

i just don't know what to do...

Closer, I'm sorry for your dissapointment. My advice would be to up the amount of days that you apply MT. Instead of 3x a week lets try 4-5x a week. And maybe you can apply a peppermint oil or a product that makes your scalp tingle to your scalp before you MT. How are you using MT? Do you appy to hair for 10min and rinse or do you apply to scalp?

~Hair~Fetish~

CONGRATULATIONS! WOW, your progress is amazing. You look like BSL now. :yep: How much did you trim back?

Thanks! I trimmed a good inch to an inch and a half. As you can tell from my pics, I have bone straight over-processed ends. :nono: I once listened to a stylist who said that it's okay to apply relaxer to your ends every blue moon to keep them from being frizzy when doing rollersets. Thanks to you ladies I now KNOW BETTER. :yep: I'd rather be a thick APL than a scraggly BSL. :blush: