January 2014 Hits & Misses

AgeinATL

IDareT'sHair

I used to LOVE Curl Rehab and the Bee Mine DC and then all of a sudden my hair stopped liking them. I haven't tried Karen's, but I heard it is good. I used to swear by Silk Dreams DCs, but lately not so much. I will look at the AO and Karen's since I can get it ASAP. Thanks for the suggestions sis!!

@AgeinATL

Have you tried Curl Junkie's Curl Rehab? It packs a punch of Moisture
Karen's Body Beautiful Luscious Locs Hair Mask
Marie Dean has some nice ones although people complain about 'lack of slip'
Silk Dreams has a couple "Moisturzing" DC'ers
Naturelle Grow (ETSY Shop) has several good DC'ers
BeeMine although it's more of a Balancer of Protein/Moisture
I like Afroveda's Ashlii Amala *ship time is horrible*
AO's White Camelia

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I used to LOVE Curl Rehab and the Bee Mine DC and then all of a sudden my hair stopped liking them. I haven't tried Karen's, but I heard it is good. I used to swear by Silk Dreams DCs, but lately not so much. I will look at the AO and Karen's since I can get it ASAP. Thanks for the suggestions sis!!

AgeinATL

You got some the "Best Of The Best" listed here. Sometimes it's also good to "Revisit Hits" You'd be surprised.:yep:

After you put them away (for a while) and pull them back out.

Have you tried any b.a.s.k. or MHC?

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
REVISITED HIT:
Jessicurl Too Shea! (cowashed with this tonight)

Thanks @AgeinATL Your post made me pull it outta my Stash.

Oh....I was going to mention: SSI's Riche Moisture DC'er? I just bought it.

But watched several YT reviews and they all said it packs a good dose of Moisture.

So, you may want to also try it at some point.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
@PJaye

Hey Lady!

Have you heard anything about an MLK Day Sale (from SSI)?

I'm tryna' hold on to my Monneeee until I know for sure.

I might end up getting something from CM tho'. #impatient.:perplexed

PJaye

@PJaye

Hey Lady!

Have you heard anything about an MLK Day Sale (from SSI)?

I'm tryna' hold on to my Monneeee until I know for sure.

I might end up getting something from CM tho'. #impatient.:perplexed

IDareT'sHair

Hey, Sis.:wave: I haven’t heard a peep. If I hear of anything or receive notification of a sale, I will definitely let you know. At the next sale, I’m going to cop an obscene amount of that Blueberry Cowash because I can’t live without it.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Hey, Sis.:wave: I haven’t heard a peep. If I hear of anything or receive notification of a sale, I will definitely let you know. At the next sale, I’m going to cop an obscene amount of that Blueberry Cowash because I can’t live without it.

PJaye

I hope she does! I heard that she will offer a discount if you buy more than x1 since she is unable to offer 16oz's at this time.

curlyhersheygirl

PJ You & Curly are in love with this product!:lick: Can't wait to try it!:grin:

AgeinATL

REVISITED HIT:
Jessicurl Too Shea! (cowashed with this tonight)

Thanks @AgeinATL Your post made me pull it outta my Stash.

Oh....I was going to mention: SSI's Riche Moisture DC'er? I just bought it.

But watched several YT reviews and they all said it packs a good dose of Moisture.

So, you may want to also try it at some point.

@IDareT'sHair
I don't know what I would do without Too Shea! Have you tried it as a leave-in? AMAZING moisture and slip! If you haven't, give it a try.

I actually was just looking at the Riche Moisture. I SO want it, but I wanted to wait for a sale. I hope she is having a V-day sale because I plan on picking it up. Thank you for the suggestion!

Thanks @PJaye for posting your thoughts on it. I am even more excited to get my hands on it!

If ya'll hear anything about a sale, please mention me!

AgeinATL

@AgeinATL

You got some the "Best Of The Best" listed here. Sometimes it's also good to "Revisit Hits" You'd be surprised.:yep:

After you put them away (for a while) and pull them back out.

Have you tried any b.a.s.k. or MHC?

IDareT'sHair

I know! Girl, I have almost tried everything. I should have held onto them instead of getting rid of them. I think I will revist the Bee Mine. I LOVE the BASK Vanilla Whiskey. The cacao is good, but I am looking for a bit more slip. I haven't tried MHC. What do you suggest?

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
AgeinATL

Yeah, sometimes it's always good to put them away and re-visit them.

You'd be surprise how your hair reacts once you revisit stuff.

MHC is 'tricky' You either Love it or You Hate it. I'd definitely think about trying SSI's Riche.

naija24

I tried my sample Chi Silk Infusion. EFFIN AMAZING. When I take these braids out, I definitely see it as a staple.

KinkyRN

IDareT'sHair

I have heard a lot about the blueberry co wash. What previous co wash did it beat out? Why do you like it so much? Thinking about getting some and want some reviews on it. TIA

PJaye

I have heard a lot about the blueberry co wash. What previous co wash did it beat out? Why do you like it so much? Thinking about getting some and want some reviews on it. TIA

I like it because it provides me with an abundance of moisture and slip while gently cleansing. The only other cleansing conditioner my hair tolerates is the As I Am Coconut Cowash; unfortunately, it doesn’t offer me any slip.

If you’re unsure, try a sample of the product. I was able to get 3 good uses out of the .5oz free sampler I received during BF, which is great since I tend to be heavy handed.

Ogoma

New Hit:
Aussie 3 Min Deep conditioner: love how soft my hair felt upon rinsing and drying, it has great slip and my hair was easy to detangle, the moisture lasted all week (just moisturized my ends once during the week), and the price is great. Cons: small bottle so only got 2.5 uses out of it and opaque bottle so hard to see what is left. I think I can get 3 uses out of a bottle at the most.

Continued Hits:
Ouidad Curl CoWash
DB Transitioning Creme
Komaza Care Califia Cream
Lily of the Desert Aloe Gelly

First Impression Hit:
Giovanni Olive & Avocado conditioner: great slip, hair felt fantastic when rinsing it out, drying very nice and soft. Hopefully, I can get two more wash days out of it to really assess it. I keep seeing the shampoo everywhere, but it is hard to find the condish so on the fence if it will make staple status no matter how much I like it.

Last edited:

natura87

HIT

Melting down my ST Double Dutch Hair Yum. It is a great sealer and smells amazing. I will need to re-melt..but this butter should last for a while. Its nice and creamy..melts easily.

Now if Ayo could work on her consistency..

KinkyRN

New Hit:
Aussie 3 Min Deep conditioner: love how soft my hair felt upon rinsing and drying, it has great slip and my hair was easy to detangle, the moisture lasted all week (just moisturized my ends once during the week), and the price is great. Cons: small bottle so only got 2.5 uses out of it and opaque bottle so hard to see what is left. I think I can get 3 uses out of a bottle at the most.

Continued Hits:
Ouidad Curl CoWash
DB Transitioning Creme
Komaza Care Califia Cream
Lily of the Desert Aloe Gelly

First Impression Hit:
Giovanni Olive & Avocado conditioner: great slip, hair felt fantastic when rinsing it out, drying very nice and soft. Hopefully, I can get two more wash days out of it to really assess it. I keep seeing the shampoo everywhere, but it is hard to find the condish so on the fence if it will make staple status no matter how much I like it.

I like the aussie 3 minute also, the price is not too bad but keep an eye out in the Sunday papers for coupons and in store coupons.

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
Hit: Bouffant bonnet from Eboni Curls. All of my flexi rods are up under here. It was time to launder my Ebonnet, which is also useable over a flexi rod set etc.

Miss: how long it took to receive it and her attitude left a bad taste in my mouth.

Miss: Hard Candy bonnet from Bonbons Cheveux. It is well made and I received it with a quickness, but it's too small for what I intended to use it for. I apply my henna relaxer style and put each section in a Bantu knot. I could barely get it over my processing cap with the 8-10 henna soaked BKs. It trapped the heat while I was sleeping, but my nape area was exposed due to it being so small.

So, I'll use it as an overnight pre poo cap until I find a replacement. Only when I have two oil soaked braids/plaits. If my hair is a tangled mess, which means putting each section in a Bantu knot upon detangling with EVCO. The cap exposes the nape :nono:

Maybe, I have a big head and didn't know it previously, :lol:

Sent from my Speak & Spell using LHCF

JulietWhiskey

Darkside of the moon
HIT: TEXAS NATURAL SUPPLY OLIVE OIL LOTION BASE AS LEAVE-IN!!!

Love it, glad I bought 8lbs of it when it was on sale!

I use it as a leave-in and as a body/face lotion for myself and the family!

As a leave-in, it melts into my hair and gives great softness and definition to my twist-outs!

And I did add extra glycerin to it, as I do all my products.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
CONTINUED HITS:
Alter Ego Garlic Rx
HydroQuench Systems Cleansing Conditioners
Curl Junkie Curl Rehab
Nexxus Emergencee (Under dryer - no plastic cap)
Afroveda's Burdock Root & Baobab Hair Oil