July 2011....What Did YOU Buy This Week? (Hair Care Edition)

CA*Nappy

2 jars of Proclaim Argain Mask
1 bottle of Jojoba Oil
1 Nupur Henna mix
1 box Alma powder
1 bottle of Linseed oil
1 bottle of Hempseed oil

prettyinpurple

I caved in to the Enso Naturals love on the Vendor Forum LOL. I order samples of:
Cacao Curl Recovery Deep Conditioning Treatment
Sea Buckthorn & Horsetail Moisture Mask

Technically August -- Just ordered Whip My Hair! from Silk Dreams (caved in to Supergirl's discount on Vendor Forum too).

~*~ShopAholic~*~

~*~ShopAholic~*~

Would you mind posting the ingredients of your Baba de Caracol Intensive Treatment?

I ask b/c I placed an order on bluebeez.com and received one with totally different ingredients than what's listed on their site & every other site...but the jar looks exactly the same!!

Ingredients I see everywhere else:
Halka Baba de Caracol Intensive Hair Conditioner
Deionized Water, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Soalkylamidopropyl Ethyl Dimonium, Dipropileno Glycol, Cetil Alcohol, Cetyl Ester, Cropure Earth-Snail Extract, Lactamide MEA, Hidrolized Wheat Protein, Fragrance, Metil Paraben; Red 40, Yellow 5, Blue 1, FD & C.

Ingredients on MINE:
Halka Baba de Caracol Intensive Hair Conditioner
Deionized Water, Cetyl Alcohol, Cetyl Trimetyl Ammoinium Chloride, Mineral Oil, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Propaniotriol Cicolethicone Dimethicone, Behentrimonium Methosulfate Quaternium-33 Cetyl Alcohol, Decyl Oleate, PPG-3 Benzyl Eter Myristate, Acetamidopropyl Trimonium Cholride, Fragrance Stearyl Alcohol, Lanoline, Ceramide, Diazolinidyl Urea Iodopropinyl Butycarbamate, Olamine, Citric Acid, Caramel Color.

It's COMPLETELY different & I don't even see the "snail" ingredient: Cropure Earth-Snail Extract! I'm scared to use it :look: - do you know if they recently changed the ingredients?

Mine has the first set of ingredients. Not sure if they changed the ingredients but I would notify Bluebeez and send it back.

Sent from my Zio using Zio

CocoGlow

Mine has the first set of ingredients. Not sure if they changed the ingredients but I would notify Bluebeez and send it back.

@~*~ShopAholic~*~

Thanks sis!

I contacted Bluebeez and they said they are in communication with the manufacturer out in the Dominican Republic to find out if there was a change in the formula or a wrong label printed ... but at this point I don't care, I want a refund since I feel bamboozled ... I purchased this product specifically b/c of the ingredients posted on the site and all the rave reviews ... but this jar I have is full of mineral oil & silicones! I bet they re-formulated it to feel similar to the original for less $ ughhh :nono:

I have a strong feeling they recently changed the formula (like so many other companies) so if I were you, I would just be on the lookout from now on when I purchase new jars sis

That's some serious false advertising to have the snail on the packaging and claim that it contains that "special" ingredient when it clearly doesn't -they must not expect their customers to actually READ the ingredient label!! :perplexed

If I ever buy it again, I'll just go to the store & read the ingredients in person beforehand - but like I said, it's probably been re-furmulated so I might not want to get hooked on something I'll never find again :look:

I'll post any updates I get from Bluebeez about what's really going on ... I hope they'll be honest ........

Last edited:

ctosha

Blue Magic Organic Castor Oil and Super Sure Gro and some Dax. I took it back ol school petroleum and all. I have thick hair although JBCO is great i need the heavy grease to seal in moisture.

~*~ShopAholic~*~

NappyRina thanks for the heads up, I'll check the ingredients the next time I repurchase. I hope it's not reformulated there has been a lot of that going on lately.