June 2010~Hits&Misses~

Toy

Big Hit, Giovanni Deep deep silk Moisture conditioner & Sexy Pumkin Conditioner my hair was so soft and moisturized and felt great after using these conditioners.

NIN4eva

Hits
- ORS Replenishing Pak: I finally broke down and got some. I plan to clean out Walgreens tomorrow.
- Grapeseed oil - light, shiny and scent free

Continued Hits
- Humectress DC: I water it down and use it as a leave in. It's a good DC but too pricey.
- AOHSR: I love you Aubrey Organics.

Misses
- Silk Elements MegaSilk Intense Conditioning Mayonnaise: Used about 3 times. No slip really. Didn't do anything good or bad. Just an overpriced dud.
- Olive Oil: Too greasy, leaves a weird smell in my towels.
- Silicon Mix Protein Pearl leave in: Been using this almost a month. I think it says "Shine" somewhere in the title as well. Well, it provides no shine and no strength. It's like putting cheap watery body lotion in my hair. I'm doubtful that the yummy ingredients listed on there are actually in the bottle. That or I purchased from a shady ebay seller. It happens. The last batch of Silicon Mix Con I got from them too was awfully watery... So that seller's off of my "trusted" list.
- Gold & Hot Soft Bonnet Dryer: This gets a thumbs down for the motor burning out the 5th or 6th time I've used it. In the middle of my DC too.

30something

Hits
- ORS Replenishing Pak: I finally broke down and got some. I plan to clean out Walgreens tomorrow.
- Grapeseed oil - light, shiny and scent free

Continued Hits
- Humectress DC: I water it down and use it as a leave in. It's a good DC but too pricey.
- AOHSR: I love you Aubrey Organics.

Misses
- Silk Elements MegaSilk Intense Conditioning Mayonnaise: Used about 3 times. No slip really. Didn't do anything good or bad. Just an overpriced dud.
- Olive Oil: Too greasy, leaves a weird smell in my towels.
- Silicon Mix Protein Pearl leave in: Been using this almost a month. I think it says "Shine" somewhere in the title as well. Well, it provides no shine and no strength. It's like putting cheap watery body lotion in my hair. I'm doubtful that the yummy ingredients listed on there are actually in the bottle. That or I purchased from a shady ebay seller. It happens. The last batch of Silicon Mix Con I got from them too was awfully watery... So that seller's off of my "trusted" list.
- Gold & Hot Soft Bonnet Dryer: This gets a thumbs down for the motor burning out the 5th or 6th time I've used it. In the middle of my DC too.

Silicon mix protein pearl shouldn't be watery :nono:. What color is the conditioner you got?

NIN4eva

Silicon mix protein pearl shouldn't be watery :nono:. What color is the conditioner you got?

The conditioner was the regular Silicon Mix not the pearl. It was white as normal but REALLY watery.

The pearl I have is the leave-in. It's blue. It's my first time using it so I don't know what the consistency is supposed to be like but it's a little less creamy than your average generic brand body lotion.

Pompous Blue

HIT:
Love, love, love Christinegant.etsy.com's Mixed Greens

"Mixed Greens" is a nourishing hair pomade to encourage new hair growth and prevent future hair loss. A potent tincture blend of Horsetail, Nettle and Parsley are the main herbal ingredients together with a potent hair loss prevention blend of Rosemary, Lavender, Cypress, Clary Sage and Juniper Essential Oils. All blended together in a nourishing blend of Almond Oil, Olive Oil, Coconut Oil, Cocoa Butter, Jojoba Oil, Safflower Oil, and Wheat Germ Oil.

This product will turn to oil with body temperature. No heavy waxy feel. The consistency is light as it does not contain shea butter.

Directions: Massage a small amount on the scalp. Pay special attention to any thinning areas. Apply to hair as well to soften, moisturize and nourish dry hair. For best results massage small amount onto your scalp with this butter every night before bed

Ingredients: Horsetail tinctured Almond Oil, Nettle and Parsley tinctured Olive Oil, Coconut Oil, Cocoa Butter, Jojoba Oil, Safflower Oil, Wheat Germ Oil, Beeswax (minusule amount) Vitamin E, Essential Oils of Rosemary, Lavender, Cypress, Clary Sage and Juniper.

This is a dynamite leave-in. I use it as the directions say - on my scalp and hair. This product leaves my hair moisturized for days and makes it soft and feel like silk. I felt the silkness even when my hair was in french braids....my hair felt nice and smooth from root to tip.

I e-mailed Christine and asked her to make me 4 more (there is only 1 for sale on her site). She responded today and said she would get started on my order right away. I've tried it on my mom and sister's hair and they both love it. A little goes a long way.

She also sells 1 oz. sample sizes. It should be good for 4 or 5 uses.

I washed, DC'd and applied it as a leave-in. I now have a serious hand-in-hair problem.

It is somewhat liquidy and is not the consistency of a pomade or a hair butter. So, I’m careful when opening jar. I like it this way ‘cause I have control over the amount I use.

30something

MISS
Giovanni smooth as silk Shampoo. I used it before for a good while, stop using it because its very stripping. I used it just to only shampoo scalp and it was still very stripping!!! Never again. Turned the rest of the bottle in to hand soap.

Suave Humectant ... continued Miss, its still absolutely horrible. I just tossed the rest of it. There is no salvation to that con.

sithembile

Hits:
ORS smooth & hold pudding
Wheatgerm oil

Big Miss:
Skala (yes I said it). I caved and bought a load of these, tried the avocado mask and the keratin leave in, but didn't feel like they imparted moistur. No more band wagons for me

Undecided:
Megatek

Curlykale

HIT: castor oil + conditioner to pre-poo, avocado butter to seal (first butter that works on my hair, maybe because it's hydrogenated oil... looking forward to trying other hydrogenated oils... although I can't re-apply it on dry hair), AO GPB

MISS: mango butter (my hair doesn't absorb it, just like shea: they are very similar), castor oil to seal (I get frizz as I live in a dry climate), AO GPB + coconut milk (too much protein)

Last edited:

Toy

Big Time Hit I am in love with this Combo Ors replenshing Pak & Pantene Relaxed and Natural Deep conditioning Mask Good Stuff.. I am six weeks post and that comb just glided through my hair .

ms.blue

Hit: JBCO is simply wonderful. I use it on my scalp & to seal after juicing.

Miss: sta soft fro that ish smelled bad & it was actually drying my hair out. I dumped that & made my own juice mix.

beautyaddict1913

I got sum more hits from June:

KBB Hair milk
Nature's Gate Avocado moisturizing conditioner
Donna Marie Twist & Lock Pudding

Lets see what July brings!