September 2009~Hits & Misses~

chebaby

hit: upping my protein to twice a week. my hair loves protein and gets too soft if i go three days without it.

hit: ic fantasia olive oil gel. my hair does not get hard with this and the hold is relatively soft IMO.

msa

Miss: Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose conditioner.

It's way too thick and the smell makes me nauseous. And it's nowhere near as good as the AO White Camellia. It did make my hair soft, but that was pretty much the only thing it did.

Continued Hits:
AO White Camellia
AO GPB
Jane Carter Nourish & Shine
Coconut oil

LaBelleLL

Hits: HE Hello Hydration, all-purpose Haitian oil, Aphogee 2 min. reconstructor, avocadoes in my pre-poos, protective styling, Qhemet's Burdock Root Creme, Macassar Oil, Castor and Moringa Oil, Coco Detangling Ghee, Clarifying Shampoo & coconut oil

Misses: using Alma Oil as an oil rinse

Lita

Njoicreations-Herbal Tea Spritz & Butter (HIT)

HealingHerbsByRene-Extra Moist Conditioner & Black Soap Conditioning Shampoo (HIT)

Happy Hair Growing!

isabella09

Miss; Cowboy Magic, absolutely hated it, made my hair hard.
I tried this a few months ago but forgot to update this thread.

The Princess

Big Miss: Keracare Humecto (new formula)

Do you like the old formula better? What did you not like about the new formula? Whats your hair type?

Im about to run out the old formula and was thinking about trying the new formula, just wondering before I purchase. Im 4b by the way.

nymane

Do you like the old formula better? What did you not like about the new formula? Whats your hair type?

Im about to run out the old formula and was thinking about trying the new formula, just wondering before I purchase. Im 4b by the way.

I used it in the very beginning of my HHJ (Feb 09) just for detangling purposes and it worked very well. A couple of days ago I used it as a DC on damp hair (for 30mins) & my hair felt hard and stripped of all its moisture. I had to DC again with AO HSR to soften my hair...

Oh yeah, I'm also 4b

beana

HIt:
Silk Elements Megasilk moisture tx- hands down one of the BEST conditioners i've ever used... Intense moisture without the weighed down hair.

On the fence:
Aphogee shampoo for damaged hair- i realize its a strengthening shampoo, but it kinda left my hair stripped feeling. My elucence MB moistened it right back up so there was no harm done. I'm considering keeping this on board as a first lather shampoo bc my scalp feels really good

Charz

Sinister Minister
Hits:
Komaza Califia Moisturizing Cream- This stuff is amazing. It leaves my hair soft and supple and has a nice smell.
Komaza Olive Deep Conditioning Mask- Easy to apply, pleasent smell. This stuff left my hair nice and soft while using it under my steamer. Not too thick, not to thin.

Kinda Miss:

Komaza Cleansing Conditioner- Left my hair kind of dry for a conditioner. I guess it did clean my hair, more then I thought it would. Not as good as a cowash, but good as an actual mild shampoo.

Last edited:

jazzyto

Hits: SE mega moisture condish, heat protectant, shine drops and Hair one cleansing cream.
Miss: beyond the zone curling cream- bought this to help define my sons curls, did nothing for him.

Honi

There is no board.
Miss: Tresseme smooth and silky condish. Felt good going on but :nono: This worked better on my daughters natural hair so it may be a keeper for her

flowinlocks

Hit: I finally tried the SE MS moisturizing cond. Def. a keeper.HH LTR leave in :lick: it made my hair suuuper soft.
Vo5 moisture milk, I'm just now trying this one also. It's good to have on hand when Suave isn't on sale.

Miss: Pantene relaxed and natural intense moisture, I tried it as a cowash and I wasn't impressed, it didn't seem like it moisturized at all.

chebaby

hit: hair one olive oil. it left my hair soft but i dont know how cleansing it is. but my hair was so moisturized after i used it.

isabella09

Biggest hit so far; TB Micro Mist hair steamer

Hit: Oyin Honey-Hemp Conditioner, I used this as a leave-in conditioner after washing and sealed with Jojoba and Black Jamaican castor oil; My hair felt soft and moisturized the day after.

Last edited:

vainღ♥♡jane

ღ♥♡honey chile♡♥ღ
hit: Loreal Nature's Therapy Mega Moisture Nurtering Creme- this stuff kept my hair so soft and moisturized, even after rinsing and blowdrying! i love it! i can't believe my hair is still so soft!

hit: Silk Elements Heat Protection Spray- smells good, and really is protecting my hair from heat. no smoke, fumes, or burnt hair funk. it makes my hair shiny and softer too.

miss: moisturizng twice a day. dang! i had just did a hard protein treatment with Aphogee 2 Step, and moisturizing twice a day for a week had my hair over moisturized! goodness. is there such a thing as moisture sensitive hair? :lol: from now on i will moisturize only when i feel the need.

Last edited:

Shay72

Natural, 4A
Hits

Cassia Gloss. I really like the shine I got out of it. I think I will use up this cheapie condish I bought for the glosses and just do straight Cassia next time.

Handheld mirror. OMG I should have bought one a long time ago :yep:! Seeing the back of my hair is great.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
MEGA, SUPER, BIG HIT: HOT = Hot Oil Treatments (thanks Americka:kiss:)

And the Ladies of the Use 1 Buy 1 Challenge.:wave:

I Was wondering to do with all the Oil(s) I had on Hand? = Hot Oil Treatments!

What a Stroke of Genius!:think:

I did my first HOT on Friday Night with Wheat Germ Oil under my Heat Cap-- Loved It! :love:

Hot Oil Treatments will definitely be Introduced as an Additional Step into my Fall/Winter Regimen.

gymfreak336

HIT!!!!

Big Ups to IdareT'sHair

Lanza healing strength conditioner. Had to do a quick wash last night and I used it. Worked well in only a couple of minutes. Can't wait to leave it on for a full 10-15.

nymane

Major Revisited Hit: Lustrasilk Shea Butter & Mango Cholesterol

I applied it to dry hair (I was still rockin' an old braid out) and it instantly softened & detangled my hair...UUUBBBER soft

chebaby

hit: giovanni reconstructor
my banana deep treat mix
shea butter from texas naturals
DB daily lea in
vo5 conditioners
smooth n shine activator gel

Coffee

Hits: Alterna caviar condish, Rhassoul clay, Diamond Shine smoother, condish and serum. Shescentit coco leave in, Lanza Manuka Honey Condish and One & Only Age Renew Serum.

No misses.....yet!