January 2010~Hits & Misses~

Shay72

Natural, 4A
HITS
Hairveda's ACV Rinse--I am getting alot uses out of each bottle. The shelf life is really short on this product but I'm doing okay with it. The one I'm using I don't refridgerate but the ones not in use I do. I even like the way it smells.

Darcy's Botanicals Pumpkin Conditioner--It's got a slight pumpkin smell. It is reallllly thick. I love thick cowash conditioners. It's harder to get out the bottle than the AO condishes. I've emailed her about that. Also it suds up. I'm thinking maybe because it says it can be used as a cream rinse also.

goodmorningruby

Redken Intense Renewal moisturizing deep conditioner is a huge hit! Still trying to decide on the HE LTR and NOYF leave in's. My hair is so spoiled. :ohwell:

darlingdiva

Hits:
LHCF!
Olive Oil Prepoo
Jojoba Oil
Coconut Oil
Keracare Humecto
Keracare Intensive Restorative Masque
Mizani Moisturefusion Milk Bath
Mizani Moisturefusion Conditioner
Burts Bees Avocado Butter Pre Shampoo
Hair One Cleanser (only used it once but LOVED it)
Mizani Butter Rich Hairdress - No petroleum or mineral oil!

Miss:
Prepooing overnight with conditioner (breaks my hair)
Pantene Relaxed and Natural Shampoo & Conditioner
Aphogee Two Step Protein Treatment
Homemade DC mixture - Avocado, Coconut Milk, Honey (my hair was HARD!)
Too much protein

I don't use this anymore, but it will always have a special place in my heart.

darlingdiva

Miss: Miss Jessie's Curly Meringue

It didn't provide any extra definition. The only thing it did was make my hair puffy.

MissLawyerLady

HITS: Redken Extreme Condish
GVP Anti-Snap Leave-in
Cammellia (sp?) oil

On the fence about M.O.M (moisturizer). It really weighed my hair down, but I may have been using too much. I'm sort of heavy-handed.

septemberbaby

Hits:
Mizani Moisturefuse Conditioner :love:
Elasta QP Olive Oil and Mango Butter
Jojoba Oil and EVCO
Trader Joes Nourish Spa Conditioner
NTM Conditioning Treatment
Twist outs with two-strand twists & then making bantu knots

Misses:
NTM Deep Recovery Mask
Trader Joes Nourish Spa Shampoo :nono: left my hair feeling stripped and tangled
NTM Leave-in serum
Detangling wet hair :cry:

Last edited:

originalone

HITS:

Aubrey Organics White Camila
Augrey Organics Honey Suckle Rose
Trader Joe's Nourish Spa Conditioner
Shea Butter
Mango Butter
COCOA Butter

MISS:

Aussie Moist Conditoners

Cheekychica

*de-lurks*

I don't know about anybody else, but I like reading the "misses" most of all. :yep: It helps to know what to potentially avoid.

*back to lurking*

JJamiah

I have to possibly take back the miss on coconut oil. I gather I used to much, I dipped my finger in it and used very little and my hair doesn't feel as heavy as the first time. It might be a keeper, I think I'll be able to use up the whole bottle. :)

Shay72

Natural, 4A
*de-lurks*

I don't know about anybody else, but I like reading the "misses" most of all. :yep: It helps to know what to potentially avoid.

*back to lurking*

Me too. I especially pay attention when a lot of people are reporting the same product as a "miss".

tomnikids3

Miss: L'occitane Olive Oil Mask left my hair dull and once it was dry it felt dry. Stuck with a practically full jar, wont use again.

Pureology Purify Shampoo not a total miss, just make sure you use a good deep conditioner afterwards, cause this does seem to strip the hair, at least mine it did.

Hit: Its a 10 Hair Mask, leaves hair moisturized pretty good.

A_Christian

Hits:

-Kinky-Curly Curling Custard...Finally tried after all this time and I love it; Works well on my new growth and has a nice, sweet fragrance
-Whole Leaf Organic Aloe Vera
-Aubrey Organics JAY Shampoo; I know this one has a lot of bad reviews from old threads in regard to tangling issues but it didn't cause my hair to tangle up when I used it at 5 months post. I loved the way it made my scalp feel.

No misses yet

Myjourney2009

Ready to be APL
"My Moisturizing Conditioner - BEST FOR STEAMER" found in the "Natural living" board. It is a sticky. I think I'm officially in love with my hair. I have found my dream deep conditioner :grin:

EMJazzy

Happily retired
:up: Elucence MB mixed with wheatgerm oil as a leave in......JBCO to seal = very moisturized hair!!!! :yep: :love:

:down: the smell of wheatgerm oil :nono: tryin to figure out what to do about that :scratchch

jazzyto

Hit: mixing JBCO with CO
Joico Renu prepoo

Miss: Alter Ego garlic nice slip but hair was not moisturized when dry. Will mix with other condish to use up.

Myjourney2009

Ready to be APL
"My Moisturizing Conditioner - BEST FOR STEAMER" found in the "Natural living" board. It is a sticky. I think I'm officially in love with my hair. I have found my dream deep conditioner :grin:

COCONUT OIL !!!!!!!!!!! This ish right here may make me give my other deep conditioners. Probably not because I like using different things. My hair has never felt better:grin:

Myjourney2009

Ready to be APL
:up: Elucence MB mixed with wheatgerm oil as a leave in......JBCO to seal = very moisturized hair!!!! :yep: :love:

:down: the smell of wheatgerm oil :nono: tryin to figure out what to do about that :scratchch

Aint nothing you can do, you will get used to it eventually. Put it in the fridge to make it last longer and don't forget to shake shake shake before using. Another way you can use it is to take it internally. It is high in vitamin e which I know from experience is a natural way to eliminate that time of the month cramps

crumbling_images

I really like the Taliah Waajid's Black Earth Line of products. I'm thrilled with everything except for the Shampoo and Pre-Poo Cleanser. Also, the Royal Roots products are awesome and extremely cheap!!!

silenttullip

Hits
Chagrin Valley Poo Bars Neem and Tea tree, herb garden, and nettle
Goody wide tooth comb NOT big tooth but wide tooth
futurebiotics hairskinandnails
LHCF
Aphogee 2 step+balancing moisturizer+2min recon
Greg Juice before leave in
Teatree oil, jojoba oil, and grapeseed oil
Deva Moisture Lock set it free after shea butter
aloe vera gel & juice
Hai elite (only gonna do it 3 times a year)

misses
elasta qp penetrating moisturizer lotion

NUGRO its code for heck no!

cantu shampoo and leave in, used this a couple years ago and just fully recovering thanks to the aphogee. As for cantu, NEVER AGAIN broke my hair off so bad.

deva mister right ewwwww

Last edited:

CaliDiamond

Hit: Lafier Honey and Almonds Conditioner. I just used this this morning. I could actually smell/feel the honey and almond oil in the conditioner. I just love Dominican conditioners.

ctosha

HIT: Jessicurl WDT as a leave in (I will try as a wash out next wash day)
JBCO=moisture moisture moisture
Hot oil treatment before wash with qhemet AOHC and JBCO
Afroveda curly custard for twistouts

MISS: Jessicurl Too Shea, ok although it provided me with major slip and was moisturizing after I washed out towel dried there was more frizz than usual and kinda made my curls a little loose. Meh, i dunno I may just use this up but I will not repurchase.

BklynHeart

On the fence: NTM Leave-in. Hair feels ok, but I may need to put something else on it to feel more moisturized.