September 2009~Hits & Misses~

Sapphire_chic

hit: aussie smoothing milk leave in. This was my first attempt at finding a leave in. i think i've found a winner. it smells heavenly (if you like jasmine) the consistancy is quite runny and i was sketical to believe it would do anything at all but the next morning my hair felt great. it actually felt smooth and moisturised and i've never awoken to hair that didn't need a spritz of water..so i'm happy.

chebaby

hit: mixing shescentit coco cream leave in with hydratherma naturals protein leave in. my hair is still soooooo soft.

labelfree

Hits: Hairveda's Whipped Cream, Vatika Oil, and Afroveda's Shea Alma

On the Fence: Hairveda's Whipped Gelly I'm not to sure about this one may have to throw it on the swap board :look:

Last edited:

Mai Tai

Miss Nigeria-America
Hits: Silk Amino Acids, Roux Porosity Control, Chi Keratin Mist, Chi Silk Infusion, Silk Elements Moisturizing Treatment.

Aggie

I just posted this in the August 2009 thread:-

Hit:

Aloe vera gel and Aphogee 2 Minute Keratin Reconstructor as a prepoo:lick: = very strong and soft hair all at the same time.

Alba Botanica Leave-In Treatment - makes a great daily moisturizer as well.

Beauty Without Cruelty Revitalizing Leave-In Treatment - this makes a great detangler for my hair as well as a daiuly moisturizer.

Jason Naturals Sea Kelp Conditioner - leaves me with very soft and luxurious hair.

WesternEyes

Hits:

Curl Junkie Hibiscus & Banana Honey Butta Leave-In Conditioner - OMG, this makes my hair feel extremely soft and luscious. I can't live without it.

LustraSilk Olive Oil Hair Mayo Treatment: Perfect balance of protein/moisture for my hair. Can't believe I found this jewel at the drugstore for 4 bucks.

Misses:

Miss Jessies Curly Buttercream: Just didn't work out well. Not entirely bad, but won't be using again.

JayAnn0513

I make 30 look good!
Miss - Deva Curl products for DD...I need to stop trippin and order something online for her curls

Hit - HSH Soy Renewal treatment, CHI Irom guard,

isabella09

Revisited Hit; I absolutely :love: Philip B Rejuvenating Oil (used it for many years) it’s excellent as a pre poo, a treatment prior to taking out braids (used on length of hair not scalp) and if I need an emergency moisture injection. It leaves my hair; incredibly soft, moisturised, hydrated and easier to detangle.

Misses; Thankfully none so far.

beana

Miss: La Bomba deep conditioner... felt fine going on, but when i rinsed (fter 20 mins w/heat) my hair felt hard:ohwell:

I don't have much luck at all with Dominican deep conditioners, but i LOVE their leave-ins!

Shay72

Natural, 4A
I just posted this in the August 2009 thread:-

Hit:

Aloe vera gel and Aphogee 2 Minute Keratin Reconstructor as a prepoo:lick: = very strong and soft hair all at the same time.

Alba Botanica Leave-In Treatment - makes a great daily moisturizer as well.

Beauty Without Cruelty Revitalizing Leave-In Treatment - this makes a great detangler for my hair as well as a daiuly moisturizer.

Jason Naturals Sea Kelp Conditioner - leaves me with very soft and luxurious hair.

Aggie what is the consistency of the Alba Botanica Leave In Treatment and the BWC Leave In? TIA.

Aggie

Aggie what is the consistency of the Alba Botanica Leave In Treatment and the BWC Leave In? TIA.

Let me first say that I really was not expecting a cone and paraben-free leave-in to leave my hair feeling all soft and moisturized.

The Alba leave in is a rich thick creamy leave-in and the BWC leave in while creamy is not as thick as the Alba.

I like them both equally though and you really do not need a lot of any of them. Just a little is needed to make your hair feel nice and soft. I like the fact that they are both natural and organic even more. Thanks to Terri, they are both staples of mine.

The only other one I like to this degree is Elucence Moisture Balancing Conditioner that doubles as a leave-in and is also cone-free but it does have a paraben in it at the bottom of the ingredient's list. I don't mind this at all because it just smells so heavenly:lick:.

Last edited:

Shay72

Natural, 4A
Natural and organic--Love it! I think I will check into the Alba. I love Giovanni so I am looking for a back up for it.

buttercream

Hit: My new hair steamer. Hair has never felt so moisturized and strong after deep conditioning. Hair steamer is a definite keeper.

keysha1983

Hit: Protective Bunning
Miss: Trying to fake thicker edges by spray painting my hairline with black hair paint. If you didn't know, it's a BIG No-No and it runs down when it rains. LOL!

LaToya28

Hit: Jane Carter Solution! I cowashed yesterday then used JCS Revitalizing Leave-in, Wrap and Roll, and Hair Nourishing Cream, and sealed with Nourish and Shine. I let my hair airdry in a ponytail with a roller on the ends. This morning it was sooo soft and very moisturized. I love this line!!

Aggie

Hits:

Beer rinses, kalpi tone powder rinses, fenugreek tea rinse - I don't think I ever mentioned these as my hits.

Revisited Hit:

Baggying my hair again. I love how my hair feels after an overnight baggying session - silky, soft and manageable:lick:.

kooskoos

This thread is genius!!!

Hit: Glycerin and water spritz, about a 60 (water):40 (glycerin) mix with a little rosemary
EO and EVOO. Great cheap moisturizer! Especially when sealed with EVCO!

Nayna

Unbothered
Hit: Lacio Lacio. I was going to sell this but then I realized that I never tried it. So I shampooed today and dc'd with it. OMG! What on earth was I thinking? Lol, my hair was so soft I went ahead and straightened it. Which leads me to my other hits even though I'm sure I've mentioned them.
KBB Super Silky: I used it after I towel dried my hair as my moisturizer I love KBB and since this is glycerin free I mostly use it when my hair is straight.
Next hit Sabino Moisture Block. Then Chi Silk Infusion.

No misses. I'm really content with everything I have. Even though I'm itching to test some pantene products, lol.

Soliel185

HIT:

New Moisture Spritz - Aloe Vera Gel/Gelly, Vegetable Glycerine, Rose Water, Hydrolyzed Wheat Germ, and a dash of water.

2nd, 3rd, and 4th day hair :grin:

ON THE FENCE:

(pls don't hurt me) GVP Nexxus Humectress. Just meh.

ChynaDoll.K

Hit: Paddle Brush
Joico products (kpak, bodyluxe, and moisture recovery):look:
shower comb
CHI silk infusion
LTR leave in

so far no misses

foxieroxienyc

HITS:
1. Sally's Olive Oil Hair One
2. DC Mix of Silk Elements Olive Oil Deep Conditioner and Coconut Oil (EVCO)
3. MEGA TEK! Applied to my scalp and on my hair while in the shower