KBSS Boycott Planning Thread

What should the name of this boycott be?

• UnOccupy the BSS

Votes: 48 34.3%
  • Stop the BSS

Votes: 85 60.7%
  • I have another suggestion (please make it known in the thread!)

Votes: 7 5.0%

• Total voters

Beany

Sent my request to join the group. I don't have any recent hair pics though (I got issues smh).

andromeda

i don't have a fb :( I"ll mosey over to the planning forum to see if there's any other way I can help.

I was just in Nicholas's on fulton the day before this thread was started and decided that I would buying my SM from there instead of Target. Now I just need them to get some full size jbco in stock.

*sigh* I'm so conflicted on wigs. That's the one thing I buy from Korean BSSs/online retailers, so I'm part of the problem in that way. I found a black-owned website that sells wigs (i think another member had mentioned it a while back) and in the process of searching for black-owned BSSs in the summer I found one in Bed Suy. I'll post the info here when I get my hands on it.
eta:

Chole's BSS
Black Hair Wigs
http://www.blackhairwigs.net/pages/about_us.html

888-317-1702
supportblackhairwigs.net
Mail:
Black Hair Wigs
1069 Dean Street
Brooklyn, NY 11216
http://www.facebook.com/BlackHairWigs
"Black-owned and operated online wig store located in Brooklyn, NY. We started this website because we figured we could do a couple things better than our competition. For instance, we believe we can better:

1. Relate To Our Customers - We understand what you mean when you say, "I'm transitioning, are wigs a good protective style?" ( :up: )
  2. Service Our Customers - We understand that sometimes that was not the right wig for you! Call us and we will gladly exchange it* You are not limited to trying on only 3 wigs per visit.
    (
  3. Support Our Customers - One of our goals is to give back to our community where we can. We actively seek talented Affiliates to work with our company and pay higher commissions than most. We are also available for fundraisers. For example, if your church is looking to raise money, consider hosting a Black Hair Wigs wig party and we will donate 10% of the proceeds to your church.
We are not the largest online wig site because we try to carry higher quality brands. I mean let's face it, some of the lower quality wigs look like they need to be taken out back and shot! ( :lachen: )In addition, there is no point for us to send you inferior quality products if you are just going to send them back! Let's save one another the postage."

Last edited:

SophieDulce

Hey guys, its like 16 pages deep here, havent been checking lately can someone please fill me in and let me know how I can help, all for this movement !!! **** FIST PUMPING*** lol

ingenious_mind

Sorry ladies I've been MIA lately. I've been so busy between school and work. Did we come up with a final name yet? Flyer/PDF ideas?

Pierrot

Well my last bundles I purchased from Tiffanyshairstudio.com. It's a salon in CA (I'm pretty sure it's black owned) and she sells Virgin Indian hair on her website. I don't know where she gets her hair from though. The hair isn't expensive (I paid $125 for 4oz of 14" of IV curly).

Black-owned hair extension/wig manufacturers/suppliers

Indique
https://www.indiquehair.com/?sid=0FFA167F9977B7D6F0C9CE4AB80F4BBF

Ruth's Beauty
http://www.ruthsbeautyshop.com/

All About My Hair
http://www.allaboutmyhair.com/Store/

Yeah, I know about Arjuni, not personally but their rep is toxic among many wig wearers, but so are some CVs.....

xcuzememiss

I just posted in the FB group.. I sure hope we're not losing the FIRE for this campaign!! It's getting close to the holiday season and out $$ and support will def make a difference! Let's get it!!!

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Tiye

Black-owned hair extension/wig manufacturers/suppliers

Indique
https://www.indiquehair.com/?sid=0FFA167F9977B7D6F0C9CE4AB80F4BBF

Ruth's Beauty
http://www.ruthsbeautyshop.com/

All About My Hair
http://www.allaboutmyhair.com/Store/

Yeah, I know about Arjuni, not personally but their rep is toxic among many wig wearers, but so are some CVs.....

If this is about the anti-arjuni threads on that other board ... I've seen people fight cats, dogs, tooth and nails there just because some one hair vendor or weaveologist, etc., is protecting his/her turf. I'm not an arjuni employee, rep, or even a customer, but just sayin'. As far as I've seen they sell quality hair.

Here's another "controversial" black hair vendor, according to the other board that is. halleyscurls.com. I do own their hair and for what it's worth - two years later it's still in fine shape.

Anyone can easily google them and find the disgruntled customers. Or you can go by the ones who aren't disgruntled. I'm assuming the point of this thread and others like it is to gather info about black businesses. If we start splitting hairs about everyone who's had unsatisfactory customer service from a black owned business then most people will be boycotting everyone and there won't be much of a movement.

Pierrot

If this is about the anti-arjuni threads on that other board ... I've seen people fight cats, dogs, tooth and nails there just because some one hair vendor or weaveologist, etc., is protecting his/her turf. I'm not an arjuni employee, rep, or even a customer, but just sayin'. As far as I've seen they sell quality hair.

Here's another "controversial" black hair vendor, according to the other board that is. halleyscurls.com. I do own their hair and for what it's worth - two years later it's still in fine shape.

Anyone can easily google them and find the disgruntled customers. Or you can go by the ones who aren't disgruntled. I'm assuming the point of this thread and others like it is to gather info about black businesses. If we start splitting hairs about everyone who's had unsatisfactory customer service from a black owned business then most people will be boycotting everyone and there won't be much of a movement.

The final part of my post was actually in response to Princessnad's post #139, not in reference to any threads that may exist on LHCF. To be clear, which I may not have been before, I added the names of other BOBs for inclusion in the list and noted that the hair vendor she mentioned had a 'rough' reputation, but that so did many non-Black vendors. My intent was to convey that despite such (a controversial reputation, etc.) that non-BOBS such as CVs (Chinese Vendors) still received support from their communities and earned money. It was an observation on Blacks supporting BOBs in general not an attempt to change the tone or topic of this thread.

BlaqBella

Like the other posters, i'm behind on whats going on with the movement, and I don't have any pics to use as of right now. But, I have not been to any BSS's since there are no black owned locations in my town (that I know of), and I will not be patronizing any. I haven't in years anyhow, well when I did it was for incents. What's next?

MissMasala5

Not sure if this was mentioned but, can the local chambers of commerce be contacted or involved, since to a degree, they have to be involved in greenlighting these BSSs. Also, the ones in strip malls that are owned by blacks or non-Asians-- to what extent, if any, are they to be involved or accountable?

SherylsTresses

I visited the only Black owned beauty supply in my neighborhood and I saw no wigs. I asked the owner/cashier why weren't there any wigs and he replied that the Koreans have a lock on just about all wigs sold in the US. :nono: They only sell to non-Koreans at an individual price, even if it's a bulk purchase. :perplexed He also stated that wig contracts are written in their language.

This is so not fair since African-Americans are the largest purchaser of wigs and Koreans are not returning any profits to our neighborhoods. Their customer service isn't that great either. :ohwell:

nychaelasymone

I visited the only Black owned beauty supply in my neighborhood and I saw no wigs. I asked the owner/cashier why weren't there any wigs and he replied that the Koreans have a lock on just about all wigs sold in the US. :nono: They only sell to non-Koreans at an individual price, even if it's a bulk purchase. :perplexed He also stated that wig contracts are written in their language.

This is so not fair since African-Americans are the largest purchaser of wigs and Koreans are not returning any profits to our neighborhoods. Their customer service isn't that great either. :ohwell:

smell a writing and email campaign brewing on this one....this means a monopoly and it 'ain't' fair!

Your Cheeziness

I won't lie, I normally don't get riled up over stuff like this, but this ish was kinda cra. :look: So, I've located three black owned BSS (with EXCELLENT customer service) in my area who I'll be patronizing from now on. If anyone needs to know about Tarrant County black owned BSS in TX, PM me.

LifeafterLHCF

I was really close today to going to the BSS bc I want some more Ms.Jessie's and the Target in my area doesn't carry it.And I know the bss carries the small ones..I will not cave though just thinking of their stank attitudes pisses me off.

Your Cheeziness

Hairport (very small supply but black owned)
8020 Matlock Rd #110
Arlington, TX
817-539-7555

Beauty For U Super Center (great customer service)
5145 Lake Ridge Parkway Ste #115
Grand Prairie, TX
972-606-2669
beautyforutx.com

Beauty For U
2410 Southeast Green Oaks BLVD
Arlington, TX
817-522-1260