KBSS Boycott Planning Thread

What should the name of this boycott be?

• UnOccupy the BSS

Votes: 48 34.3%
  • Stop the BSS

Votes: 85 60.7%
  • I have another suggestion (please make it known in the thread!)

Votes: 7 5.0%

• Total voters

NaiyaAi

Does anyone know of any in either Boston or the NYC area? Preferably Bronx or Manhattan, but anywhere that's not Staten Island will work.

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
Whatever came of this? This was/is a great idea.

Can we revive this?

Last edited:

ilong

God's Own
Froreal3 - your draft business plan starts here. :yep: You should have the answer - not asking the question. (I'm not trying to be funny or coy just helping you prepare for the road ahead. )

You have thousands of women at your fingertips (forums) - what is your strategy?

SmilingElephant

I still try my best to support black owned companies. I just said to my friend yesterday...im going to stick to supporting black owned everything.

I have had to go into asian bss stores lately but my rule is to not spend more than $10 when i go in there.

I buy most of my hair products from walmart or target or sallys and its usually for Shea Moisture products.

The thing is...OUR products are expensive!!! If there was a way to lower the prices for more of our own to be able to afford them. Then they would sell like hot cakes! I often want to go online and buy things from Oyin, Kinky Curly and all these other BOBs...but its just not that kinda party for me unless my job feels like giving bonuses. $18 for conditioner is out of the question when i need to eat. And that's just being real.

The products need to be more cost effective. And they need to formulate them where they last for a long time on the shelves so that more of them can be sold in stores and be readily available.

NaiyaAi

Are there any online black-owned suppliers? I've searched high and low, and there's not a single brick and mortar one near my school.

mccray689

We need to get this back up and running if we can have a thread with thousands of posts about using products we should be able to put money into our own community.

LexiDior

does anyone have a list of online black owned sites?? my only choice for BSS are the KBSS and Sallys.