Keratin Treatment Support Thread

Napp

Ms. Nobody
Since my favorite brand is Novex I am going to try their bkt. I hope it works otherwise I will be going back to OK original keratin.

krissyc39

Okay ladies sorry if this question has been asked before but has anyone done a BKT/Henna treatment? The way I understood it is that the Henna seals in the results of the BKT but I could be completely off...

Napp

Ms. Nobody
Since my favorite brand is Novex I am going to try their bkt. I hope it works otherwise I will be going back to OK original keratin.

Before I bought anything new I decided to try the bkts I have to see if they gave me the results I wanted. I tried the saylon and was very dissapointed. Then I used my cadiveu glamour and set the temp to 410 degrees. The end results were shiny curls and coils that laid down flat with ease. I did this only on my edges and its great. I actually plan on just doing the edges because I have come to realize what my hair needed is some really gentle care to look how I want it to look.

Okay ladies sorry if this question has been asked before but has anyone done a BKT/Henna treatment? The way I understood it is that the Henna seals in the results of the BKT but I could be completely off...

I am not too sure of how henna effects a keratin treatment. I will put that on my list to research on.

ckisland

Hey Ladies!!

If I can find it, I'm planning on giving the BT TMS a try. It's my first go at a keratin treatment, and I have a question about the heat to use. My hair handles high heat really well. When I flatironned last weekend, I kept the temp between 435-450- mainly 450 :look:. I did multiple passes, pulled that sucker out again the next day, and my hair reverted back completely with my first wash. When my hair was longer, going below 425 was a joke and my hair would poof immediately.

All that's to ask, do treatments like the Beautiful Textures one cause you to need less heat than when you would normally flatiron without it?? I'm not worried about heat damage, but I'm concerned about my hair not staying straight especially when it's so short.

sgold04

I had my hair flat ironed a little over a week ago for the first time in almost a year. I love it!! I usually get bored with straight hair, but because it's longer, I'm feelin myself a little more lol.

Anyways, I'm thinking of wearing it straight the remainder of the year and a few weeks into January. My stylist suggested a "strengthening" treatment that would last 3 months and protect against humidity and such. I asked her if it was a keratin treatment, and she said no (I'm going to find out what exactly it is because I'm skeptical). I'd like to do the treatment, but I love my natural kinks and curls and I'd want them back, unaltered, by spring time. If it is another version of a keratin treatment, will it wash out after a few months? Is there a risk of permanent change to my curl pattern?

Soratachi

I just bought a 1 litre bottle of Formaldehyde Free BKT. It should arrive next week. It will be my first treatment. I intend to this treatment regularly that is every time it wears off. I need something to give strength, manage tangles and keep my hair low maintenance. I will post here the results and more info.

sharifeh

I am so sick of trying different formulas and being dissapointed at the results. Nothing has worked as well as a formaldehyde containing keratin but except maybe qod. I just want the frizz free curls and easy styling.

Napp have you ever tried 4hair?

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

sharifeh

i believe I got this one done. http://keratin4hair.com/products/lite-solutions/

Napp

Also have you tried chi enviro? I'm thinking of trying that one next?

Last edited:

Sosa

I wanna do a bkt with softliss marine algae this weekend. But I don't want to wash out the same day...too much work:nono:.

Anyone wash out a couple days later without issues?

nemi95

I wanna do a bkt with softliss marine algae this weekend. But I don't want to wash out the same day...too much work:nono:. Anyone wash out a couple days later without issues?

Yep, I've done it 3 times with no problems! Planning on doing it again in February.

Misshairdiva

I know this is a REALLY old thread.. but I'm so excited I just got the Coppola done a few hours ago! Can't wait until wash out day Wed!!!

L.Brown1114

hey ladies. So I want to purchase softliss chocolate but I'm not sure if I can just buy the treatment and use my own clarifying shampoo and DC or if i should buy all three together? I can afford more of the solution if I buy it alone. I just need it for my leave out for my sew ins

Misshairdiva

Can anyone in the DMV recommend a good salon to get it done in? I'm in Md and I felt as if the lady didn't put enough product in my hair or she didn't have the flat iron high enough because my hair still reverts!

Misshairdiva

I gottta bump up this thread TO KEEP IT ALIVE!! (ESPECIALLY since I been sleeping on this thread for the past several years! I'm new to keratin treatments!

Jace032000

I gottta bump up this thread TO KEEP IT ALIVE!! (ESPECIALLY since I been sleeping on this thread for the past several years! I'm new to keratin treatments!

Misshairdiva --- I've been getting Keratins now for about 2 years. I'm happy to say that my hair is BSL (was MBL last year but I cut off some dead ends) and fairly healthy. I get Keratins, twice a year and about every month or so I get my hair deep conditioned a protein treatment and flat ironed. Last year I had some breakage in the back of my hair line --- but I think that was because I was over moisturizing and not using enough proteins. The Keratin treatments I get are completed at the Salon and the brand is Global Keratin.

ManeStreet

I've tried a few keratin/amino treatments my favorite by far is the Kenra Smooth. First it's easier to apply because it uses a foam. There is no formaldehyde or obnoxious fumes during the process. It doesn't have that coated, dry crackling feeling when you blowdry the product into your hair. And my favorite part is the calming cream that smooths it before you blowdry.

I have a ton of hair & I get two full treatments out of 1 kit and the kit costs me about $55. It's the called the try me kit, it has everything in it that you need to do all the steps of the treatment. I only do 1 pass with the flatiron. I really like that they have so much documentation about this particular treatment (below), the documentation made me more comfortable trying it.

I use the color treated formula since my hair is colored. It's supposed to last up to 60 shampoos. With any treatment I wouldn't recommend banking on your curl pattern 100% reverting. There's always a risk.

http://kenra.com/SalonProfessionals/PDF/Smooth_Manual_WEB.pdf

Misshairdiva

Update. I had the Copolla down at a salon to the tune of $350 ouch! I had not had a relaxer since 2008 so my hair was natural hair. I went to the only salon in my town that did the Copolla (a white salon). My hair came out just "OK". I felt that the lady didn't put enough product on my hair and her flat iron wasn't high enough. I found Copolla on Ebay from a guy who sold 4k products with 100 percent feedback. I bought that, the Copolla clarifying shampoo, heat gloves for flat ironing (someone on Youtube mentioned it) and a coloring bruch. I have tailbone length hair now so I paid my friend $100 to put it in. So far... so good. I do feel this time around some film on my hair but even my mom commented that my hair looks much flatter this time around. I'll let you know Monday of my results when I was it out!!!

Misshairdiva

I am now LOVING my "at home Copolla keratin treatment" hair!!! I can't believe I slept on this thread for the last several years!!!
Its strange walking outside and NOT have to worry about my hair reverting!!!
(ofcourse I have to KEEP THIS THREAD ALIVE!!!!)

Lucia

I am now LOVING my "at home Copolla keratin treatment" hair!!! I can't believe I slept on this thread for the last several years!!! Its strange walking outside and NOT have to worry about my hair reverting!!! (ofcourse I have to KEEP THIS THREAD ALIVE!!!!)

Misshairdiva

Can you easily go back to curly hair or is that not an option now? And any changes in your curls when you did? Tia

YellowMellow

I am now LOVING my "at home Copolla keratin treatment" hair!!! I can't believe I slept on this thread for the last several years!!! Its strange walking outside and NOT have to worry about my hair reverting!!! (ofcourse I have to KEEP THIS THREAD ALIVE!!!!)

Picssssss missy pics!

thebelleofelle

Hey Ladiessss!

Got my first Keratin in Dec and LOVED the results. Forgot how much I missed my straight hair (natural for 2 years). Anyway, I've heard nothing but HORROR stories about naturals and their 2nd keratin treatments. would love to hear some updated success stories. I'm scheduled to get my next treatment in a week and i'm worried about damage plus the salon i go to has about 1% formaldehyde.

ManeStreet

Hey Ladiessss! Got my first Keratin in Dec and LOVED the results. Forgot how much I missed my straight hair (natural for 2 years). Anyway, I've heard nothing but HORROR stories about naturals and their 2nd keratin treatments. would love to hear some updated success stories. I'm scheduled to get my next treatment in a week and i'm worried about damage plus the salon i go to has about 1% formaldehyde.

thebelleofelle

I've had about 6 keratins over the last three years. I think the biggest issue is the number of passes. Don't let them do 10 passes like a lot of the treatments recommend. Don't do more than one or two passes. And I don't put the heat up to 450 degrees. Be conservative with the heat.

Misshairdiva

OK.. I "think" I changed my avatar pic to reflect my second Keratin treatment. I still have alot of curls but its been since 08 when I first went natural that I'm FINALLY able to wear my hair straight through out all types of weather!!! I have found a few products that are my holy grail of staples!!! The Keratin Complex Intense RX is the BOMB DOT COM!!!! I was looking at my hair after using this (its pricey buy it at folica) and I was like omg.. I put it on before blowing it out, and afterwards I use the Keratin Complex SHINE. With just those two products I am sooo loving my hair. I put the second keratin treatment in a few weeks after the first one.

Misshairdiva

I have heard nothing but great reviews about the Coppola that's why I choose that particular brand. Usually it can only be done in a salon.. unless you do like I did and get it off of Ebay. There are two sellers who sell it with a 100 percent rating that I trust.

Evolving78

I used the beautiful textures system. They can claim all day that is not a keratin treatment, but it is and I'm cool with it. I love how my hair feels so far. I completed my first wash since the initial treatment, and I got great results!