Kimmaytube is back

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
I love kimmaytube!

ETA: I appreciate her thoroughly researched topics, along with her visual props! Also, a confident and educated woman, does not equal condescending to me.

Last edited:

nlamr2013

I don't think she's condescending that's just her personality lol she has a bit of a stank personality

nlamr2013

That video actually wasn't stank at all. She's worked on it! Yay. She needs to hush about hair and speak on her fitness, skin care, and financial tips. I follow her on twitter and her tweets are usually pretty good.

I do wish she'd wear her hair differently because it's fineness makes it appear thin

Tonto

I know right! She should talk about her fitness. that’s what I always wait for when she makes a video

LovelyNaps26

i watched the video. i agree with her that once you reach your hair goal, the hair grows and grows but you don't even care anymore :lol:

meanwhile, i'd like to know her post baby work out...and i don't even have any kids :look:

anartist4u2001

She talking like her viewers are dumb. This is the first time I've heard her speak like that. I was like, why is she talking like that????? :lachen:

nlamr2013

She talking like her viewers are dumb. This is the first time I've heard her speak like that. I was like, why is she talking like that????? :lachen:

Can you give an example? It seemed to me she was speaking clearly professionally and making it understandable for anyone despite their level of hair knowledge. Each of her viewers is not a member of a hair board

ChocolatePie777

She def was not condecending yall......

Anyway I love her length and I think since she is past her goal she should start trimming for thickness

I really hope she continues the vids this time because she always says she will but never does

She looks fitter than last time!!!!

Fenaxa

I can see how her tones could come across as condescending but I don't think she meant it. Sounds like she was talking to a 3 year old or something which makes sense.

Crackers Phinn

Either A Blessing Or A Lesson.
I'm not knocking her length because mine ain't no where near.

I recognize that hair doesn't necessarily grow blunt, but I think that v shape her hair has when stretched is due to breakage. I have a feeling that if the camera was lower there'd be like 6 hairs touching hip length.

DoDo

Big Hair, Don't Care
I am going to say I like kimmaytube and I find her videos useful for the most part. However,

I was here...:pop:

GoldenRule

I haven't watched that many of her vids but what I do like about hers is that she doesn't drone on endlessly, having a conversation with herself like so many of the hair gurus. She talks to YOU and she shares information in a direct and concise manner. There aren't 10 minutes of fluffing her hair, looking at herself, twirling the hair some more...that drives me INSANE!

danniegirl

something dont seem right in the water has it really been 3 years since she did a length check ?

im going to do a search up here i feel like i lost a year or two watching this video.

eta yeah i stay losing years lmao

Last edited:

DoDo

Big Hair, Don't Care
something dont seem right in the water has it really been 3 years since she did a length check ?

i went threw her video and i think a few of them are missing like that long flat iron video im going to do a search up here i feel like i lost a year or two watching this video.

danniegirl

She did a length check on January of 2012 in which she was hip length. This video was done when she was pregnant with her son. I believe that was her most recent length check before this one. The video is still up, you can find it under recent videos.

NaturallyATLPCH

So being articulate and annunciating your words makes you condescending? :lol:

I will think about that when I teach my children. Oh, and when I speak. :yep:

Anyways, good she's back, her vids are informative and accurate. Read "The Science of Black Hair."

SelahOco

She isn't condescending in this video to me, but if I was sitting beside her and she was saying some of this in person I would be like 'wtf wrong with you.' :lachen;

I'm a big fan of hers, and I really like her. She's unusual though.

She does come off a little uppity in hair vids, but I think her financial series was very open and honest and helpful for people.

I find her slightly unlikeable but I love her snobby behind :)

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
I actually don't mind the clear way that she enunciates her words for the vids. I agree her tone can come off umm...different. I'm pretty sure she doesn't speak like that in real life. However, I don't get condescending from that.

I'm not going into how she comes across on other social media platforms or prior e-drama she was involved in. :look: Going strictly based on her vids, I don't find her condescending.:yawn:

TaraDyan

Natural again ... this time for good!
I remember reading something from her where she said she speaks slowly because she has a lot of viewers who are not native English speakers. So she over annunciates for their benefit.

Embyra

Her hair absorbs so much water when it's wet this low porosity hair of mine when it's wet I get half a inch difference lool

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

BostonMaria

Whaaaaat?!! :thud:
Her hair is just gorgeous

I wish I could flatiron her hair LOL but that's just me. Her hair is lovely.