lace front wig thread

Gemini350z

shady-

I ordered mine from a chinese vendor list directly from china. I will have to look to see the name because i ended up getting a few different lists.

soulie

There are a couple of sites i'm checking out right now hw does 199 sound for a full lace wig?

$199 is a decent price for a human hair unit - that is about what you will pay to get a unit from a Chinese vendor.

Do you have any websites? How long do lacefronts last? Do you sleep in yours?

The lifespan of a lacefront depends upon the care it is given. It isn't uncommon for someone to "kill" her first unit. Also applying, wearing, removing, and cleaning the same unit will cause wear and tear over time which is why some people prefer to have two units. Another reason for having multiple units is to allow you TIME to clean the lace and hair without being "wigless" in the interim.

I have slept in units, and I have worn them daily and removed nightly. The maximum time I have worn a unit without removal was about two weeks. Whether you will be able to do that will depend upon your adhesives, as well as your desire to get to your own hair underneath.

For those ladies who do use glue, which adhesive do you feel is best and last the longest?

First, remember that every adhesive will not work for everyone. The adhesion that you receive will be determined by your body chemistry's interaction with the adhesive(s). It is also common to combine liquid adhesives and tape to improve the hold.

For extensive discussions of adhesives I would recommend checking forum.blackhairmedia.com - people have analyzed adhesion, ingredients, potential side effects, etc on that site.

What is better for a first time LF buyer silky,yaky,curly?

Silky or yaki would be my recommendation. Between the two it's a matter of your preference in texture. Curly hair is high maintenance. It is prone to dryness and tangling. It will take more care, more product and will tend to denigrate in appearance more quickly if not properly maintained.

Additionally, I would suggest you read this thread where a lot of this information has been covered.

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=254667&highlight=bobby

shadylane21

$199 is a decent price for a human hair unit - that is about what you will pay to get a unit from a Chinese vendor.

The lifespan of a lacefront depends upon the care it is given. It isn't uncommon for someone to "kill" her first unit. Also applying, wearing, removing, and cleaning the same unit will cause wear and tear over time which is why some people prefer to have two units. Another reason for having multiple units is to allow you TIME to clean the lace and hair without being "wigless" in the interim.

I have slept in units, and I have worn them daily and removed nightly. The maximum time I have worn a unit without removal was about two weeks. Whether you will be able to do that will depend upon your adhesives, as well as your desire to get to your own hair underneath.

First, remember that every adhesive will not work for everyone. The adhesion that you receive will be determined by your body chemistry's interaction with the adhesive(s). It is also common to combine liquid adhesives and tape to improve the hold.

For extensive discussions of adhesives I would recommend checking forum.blackhairmedia.com - people have analyzed adhesion, ingredients, potential side effects, etc on that site.

Silky or yaki would be my recommendation. Between the two it's a matter of your preference in texture. Curly hair is high maintenance. It is prone to dryness and tangling. It will take more care, more product and will tend to denigrate in appearance more quickly if not properly maintained.

Additionally, I would suggest you read this thread where a lot of this information has been covered.

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=254667&highlight=bobby

TY! so much for the info.

MrJohnsonsRib

I wasn't really feeling the lacefront wigs b/c I just thought they looked entirely too unrealistic, in my eyes....but I guess that some folks just do them to the point where they look horrible, but when I saw some of the ladies rocking theirs in "real" life on LHCF and how much time they put into picking a decent one to fit their personality and face while applying them neatly I think I could really rock one. I saw the beverly Johnson-Aurora and oh mi gosh it's cute! I may just buy that for myself as a lil present for my "short haired ladies to APL in 09 challenge" for a protective style...I'm excited, I just need to see how my funds look before I make a commitment...in the meantime I 'm gonna check for prices and learn more about the care and wear of them. Yay!!:drunk: