Ladies, please stop

Writer100

Lol, I was at the mall. And this woman had bobby pinned some braiding Kanekalon to the top of her head. She the kanekalon centered, so she had bands and hair going down her back. Her real hair was brown-gelled up under her pinned-on weave. It was a hot mess.

NOOOOOOO!:eek2:

She just would have to shoot my a-- because I would have been all over the floor!:lachen::gunner7:

Last edited:

sunbubbles

girl, i could care less about what people think about my scarf. when i am out at 6am at the store, i am not thinking about anything or anyone. i am very comfortable with that. i do wear a hat if i am going to be doing a lot of running around or if it is later in the day. people need to be glad that i washed my behind, face, and brushed my teeth! :yep:

PREACH!! Would you rather have FUNKDIFIED with a capital F, or not fashionable??!! :lachen:

supermodelsonya

Honestly, I think hair care is about looking as effed up as possible these days. Black girls keep sculpting their hair to look like chicken butts and dinosaur heads. White girls (at least scene ones) are frying and dying their hair to the point it looks like their hair is made out of plastic - ugh, and I won't even get into the extensions.

Forget healthy hair. It's all about making your hair look like you found it in a garbage can behind a wig shop.

I'm in tears over heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeee!

This one had me on the floor!!!!! This thread is too funny. Too many good ones to quote!!!!!

A-hem---Carry on!

cocoaluv

Um, sorry - I WILL go to the store with my scarf on if I need to. Especially if I am going out later and got my pins curls setting.

And I don't care what anyone thinks! :rolleyes:

You better than me cuz I dont even put a scarf on when my pin curls are setting. I mean its not like im going to the mall or anywhere like that after i get my hair washed and set into pincurls but I will make a quick run to blimpies or something on my way home and i wont be taking my pins out just for that.

cocoaluv

6. 8 times out of 10, your lace wig ain't foolin' nobody.

IDK where you ladies live but here in Jersey I see ads for Lace front wigs EVERYWHERE. I mean on cabs and on the backs of NJ transit buses....and they all look fake to me. I went to the club a few weeks back and all I saw were lacefront wigs. The hair is asian silky but the edges always give it away.

HoneyDew

You better than me cuz I dont even put a scarf on when my pin curls are setting. I mean its not like im going to the mall or anywhere like that after i get my hair washed and set into pincurls but I will make a quick run to blimpies or something on my way home and i wont be taking my pins out just for that.

:lol:

I mad at you cocoa!

:lol:

My scarf makes my hair less curly when I pin curl it. I need it for the style.

Otherwise.....I would be right there with you.

:)

lilsparkle825

Case # 1

Homegirl in the purple dress...very beautiful face...horrible wig...
OT: Why is it called Plan B Sundays? Should I be making a stop at the pharmacy counter before/after I leave? And are the lights ON in that club?

I have nothing constructive to add.

*Michelle*

OP, I'm in the choir that you are preaching too...but this thread is HILARIOS none the less!! I am crackin' up!! Thanks!!

HoneyDew

OT: Why is it called Plan B Sundays? Should I be making a stop at the pharmacy counter before/after I leave? And are the lights ON in that club?

Or this place is your Plan B because no one wanted to boo up with you on Sunday when you got hard fake boobs, or a caked on laced front.

:blush:

Sorry.

Last edited:

kandake

Are people really trying to fool people with their lace fronts, half wigs, and weaves? Serious question. I just ask because I here that statement a lot "you ain't foolin' nobody with _____________ .

Who said they were trying to fool you. Because when I wear any variation of fake hair, I don't expect people to think its my real hair.

MizAvalon

LET THE CHURCH SAY AMEN:lachen:

Hat anyone?????? i would never wear a scarf in public :nono:( a head wrap is a different story) IF I AM HAVING A BAD HAIR DAY I WEAR A HAT OR A BUN

OK!! I have cute hats for just that purpose. I refuse to walk around looking like Aunt Jemima in public.

cutiebe2

Lol, I was at the mall. And this woman had bobby pinned some braiding Kanekalon to the top of her head. She the kanekalon centered, so she had bands and hair going down her back. Her real hair was brown-gelled up under her pinned-on weave. It was a hot mess.
okay this is just scary...

BWAAAAHAHAHAHHAHA

cutiebe2

Are people really trying to fool people with their lace fronts, half wigs, and weaves? Serious question. I just ask because I here that statement a lot "you ain't foolin' nobody with _____________ .

Who said they were trying to fool you. Because when I wear any variation of fake hair, I don't expect people to think its my real hair.

This is why I decided to pass on the lace front. You have to be a hair engineer to make that work. Thinking about density and getting the hair line right is too much work:spinning:

I don't try to fool people with my half wig. Black people know its fake. I am at school and I had natural 4a hair all last year...now all of a sudden its 3b :giggle: Next semester its back to 4a

But im at a PWI and white people give me compliments. This one chick even touched in and still didn't realize its wasn't my hair>>>>> add to that she was my OLD ROOMATE and had seen me do my real hair all last year so you tink she would know something was up :lachen:

MizAvalon

Honestly, I think hair care is about looking as effed up as possible these days. Black girls keep sculpting their hair to look like chicken butts and dinosaur heads. White girls (at least scene ones) are frying and dying their hair to the point it looks like their hair is made out of plastic - ugh, and I won't even get into the extensions.

Forget healthy hair. It's all about making your hair look like you found it in a garbage can behind a wig shop.

OMG!!!:lachen::lachen::lachen:

Raspberry

What?!! :lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen: