Ladies, please stop

lacreolegurl

Lol, I was at the mall. And this woman had bobby pinned some braiding Kanekalon to the top of her head. She the kanekalon centered, so she had bands and hair going down her back. Her real hair was brown-gelled up under her pinned-on weave. It was a hot mess.

What in the world?!?! I can't stop laughing.

Fine 4s

1. Please stop going to the store in bedroom slippers with a ratty scarf on your head. I promise that you don't need to protective style that much.

2. Please style your hair after you get a rollerset. Sure, your curls might fall a little faster after you leave the salon, but it ain't that serious, you can re-roll it. That pinhead look is not what's hot in the streets.

3. Please stop pulling your baby's ponytail so tight. She won't have any edges by 10 years old.

4. Smoke smells stay in your hair after you leave the club. Please remember this when people keep taking a step back from you.

5. Please blend that half-wig in a little better. How you gon' have dull hair in the front and silky, shiny hair in the back?

6. 8 times out of 10, your lace wig ain't foolin' nobody.

7. Pictures do lie. Be careful whose advice you take.

8. Don't be over there claimin' BSL when you've got 6 inches of split ends. We don't believe you, you need more people.

'Tis all for now. Thank you.

Where the heck were YOU? In an alley?

Nice Lady

Um, sorry - I WILL go to the store with my scarf on if I need to. Especially if I am going out later and got my pins curls setting.

And I don't care what anyone thinks! :rolleyes:

I personally think that it is not someone's business what you are doing unless they are paying your bills, is a major client in which they are indirectly paying your bills, or your significant other. Otherwise, close your eyes baby because here I come. I don't do it--I think college probably was the last time(midnight run to eat before everything closes down). :drunk:

cutenss

My BADD!:rofl: Mai Tai. But what I want to know is who in the H3LL let her out of the house lookin' like that?

Last edited:

BostonMaria

Honestly, I think hair care is about looking as effed up as possible these days. Black girls keep sculpting their hair to look like chicken butts and dinosaur heads. White girls (at least scene ones) are frying and dying their hair to the point it looks like their hair is made out of plastic - ugh, and I won't even get into the extensions.

Forget healthy hair. It's all about making your hair look like you found it in a garbage can behind a wig shop.

OMG! :lachen::lachen::lachen:

:funny:

empressri

Can we add that half wigs were meant to be just that, HALF wigs. They are not to be worn at the front of your hairline.

scj816

ROFL...I love the topic!!! Ladies please stop talking loud on your phone about the time you and Nae-nae and them went to the hotel with a bunch of dudes after the club. If I wanted to hear your life story I would just watch Maury or Jerry Springer and just call it a day!

scj816

Oh lawd Jesus please take the wheel! Lil' Plastic...uh I mean Lil' Kim looks so fake. Where did all this self-hatred come from? SMH!!

normacyri

Now this is just a funny thread.....I needed this today and......."What the Jimmy Dean Sausage.....:lachen::lachen:...I'm glad my office door is closed.....I'm addin' that to my repatoire thank ya ver' much....

MrJohnsonsRib

Okay, you get a pass if you've got swollen feet from work. But, couldn't you get some of those chinese slippers or even some flip flops? Why the bedroom slippers with tube socks?

Cause I aint got nobody to impress. :grin: I'm off the market. Hey as long as I smell clean and my socks don't have holes and are fresh and white :lachen:- what they gotta say? I'm sorry I can't be a fashion statement 7/11...lol besides aint nothin better than folks seeing you at your simplest state then when you finally unwrap that hair let it hang put on your best fit and makeup- yes the jaws will drop my dear....and I say- "betcha aint know all this was in the sweats did ya!?" Pow!! I'm so silly.

Mai Tai

Miss Nigeria-America
My BADD!:rofl: Mai Tai. But what I want to know is who in the H3LL let her out of the house lookin' like that?

This is why I tell people that true friends are a luxury. Lil Kim got that whole entorage of down, "ready-to-cut-a-bi*ch" friends who claim they love her so much, yet they let her face the public looking like a sweated-out, plastic surgery nightmare on Elm St.

My girls would have staged a weave intervention if I even thought about leaving the house like that. Now that's love!

ryanshope

This whole thread is hilarious..but I totally agree with HoneyDew. The first time I met my SO's grandma I had on a mint julep mask--and she still remembers it to this day(10 years later)---so going out with a doo-rag is nothing but a word to me.
I don't give a dang too much of what folz have to say. Haters pass judgement regardless of what you have on. If I was a hater I would look at it like this, the more slack chics there are out there--the better it should make them look, right? If I am am going to around the corner--I don't need a full face of make-up and flawless hair---time and place for everything.

Well, most of my scarfs were purchased with style in mind.

But even so, I don't really care what others think most of the time. I do care when the time is right. But there are times when fuction rules out caring what strangers think.

Most times when my hair is wrapped in public, it is because I need it to look hot and sexy for a time when IT DOES matter.

I am fine. Scarf or not. I got it going on. I think so if no one else does. So yeah, I will keep my hair wrapped if needed.

bravenewgirl87

Here's one: A dye job starts from the top of your head and ends at the bottom. PLEASE! stop with the exposed 6-inch roots. Get that **** touched up.

lusciousladie07

ladies... please stop plucking all your damn eyebrows off and then drawing them back in with a sharpie pen.... you are scaring my child and im tired of trying to convince him that you are not the bride of chucky!!

And the next time I see a woman with that damn dark arse, too thick lip liner im going to do this:hardslap: right upside her head

Lastly... next time you get makeup foundation.. let the MAC makeup girl pick it out. PLEEEAASSEE... im tired of seeing women who's face is 8 shades lighter then her neck... looking like she just seen a ghost.

sunshinelady

Are people really trying to fool people with their lace fronts, half wigs, and weaves? Serious question. I just ask because I here that statement a lot "you ain't foolin' nobody with _____________ .

Who said they were trying to fool you. Because when I wear any variation of fake hair, I don't expect people to think its my real hair.

Yes, they are trying to fool people, otherwise, you would just get a regular wig. Plus, you've got people shaving their hairlines to get lace wigs to look natural. Plus, we wouldn't try to match the textures if the aim wasn't to have it look realistic.