LET'S FIND A NEW NAME FOR HEAT TRAINING!

colibri972

Hello LHCF ladies,

There is a few days I send this mail to Brittanny and I'm so happy to hear that she thinks it's a good idea:

what's about to open a thread about the creation of a vocabulary that belong to the "new- neo heat training" ladies?
it would be great to let the ladies find new expression for the process itself and for the others things (like the hair care)

You can't talk about "ht" without someone come and tell "HT is bull**** you dammage your hair that's all!"
or "you try to fool people around and make them think it's your natural texture!"

I have the feeling that "HT" words don't belong to the NEW- NEO"HT" community that you will create with your book... (far from me the idea to tell you how to do your job lol)

It's like "texlaxed" and "underprocessing".
Underprocessing belong to everybody, and it's not really a positive word (you think about tangle, failed relaxer, not healthy hair) but behind "texlaxed", you can feel the process is intentional (it's not an accident that's what I wanted),the goal (I want to give a new texture to my hair that it's not bone straight) and the tool used to meet it (relaxer), texlaxed belong to the ladies with an education about how to care about hair.

I strongly believe new hair group= new words.

When I read it again I realize that I sound a bit harsh :ohwell::ohwell: but all I said in this message I read it on the web when I searched for information about heat training.

I was shocked by the "you try to fool people around" blah blah... I don't believe that heat trained ladies do this on this purpose really.
Until today, all the heat trained ladies speak freely about their true hair texture.

Sooo, you dont have to be a heat trainers, you don't have to be a heat lovers... Just be CREATIVE!
and yes you can be natural, relaxed,texturized, texlaxed, bkted or bald too!

(I know we will have some "frylaxing" lol but hey, it's part of the game!)

LHCF is one of the best place to ask because on this board ladies are educated and open minded!

The following words have been proposed:

heatlax, thermal texturizing, thermal straightening , Mechanical Loosening, neo press, helax , thermalaxing....

And many more! You can read them all here:

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

They are in the comment section.

ok ok...

The mic is open...

Last edited:

30something

Thank you for sending the message, I follow Britney thought it was a good idea to look for a new name. Would be nice, I feel like I have to go through back doors and keep it on the down low to talk about "heat training" .. maybe its wishful thinking to think the new name will fresh have a new start :yep:.

Heat treating best i could come up with :(

loulou82

I like thermal straightening.

ETA: I like the above term because it can cover those who flat iron/ press their hair but do not want to heat train (which to me signifies an intentional pursuit of loosening your curls via heat). So to me thermal straightening is the process of using heat on your hair to achieve straight hair while fully intending/ anticipating that your hair will return to its original curl pattern once you wash it.

Wait... maybe there is a use for the term "heat training" then. lol. I don't have a negative association attached to HT though.

Last edited:

colibri972

As usual I'm not disapointed by my LHCF ladies

look! we have a beautiful association between lettieg27 and diadall : thermal hair concentration, thermal reconstructing,
thermal hair reconstructing?
There is a good idea to pursue!

@20Something
It's really nice to you 20something, I don't know why but I was really afraid to receive negative comments.
"heat treating": simple and effective like all the goods ideas. Make you want to say: Hey, I should have thought of this first! lol

who want the mic?

arosieworld

Thanks 4 our nail *****!
Why is it I feel like I have read this post 100 times and I still have no idea what you are saying..... Who is Brittney? What book? Why a new name?
I just keep thinking Brittney Spears can't even cover her weave tracks she does not need to be writing a book... can she even read books?....

Mystic

:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

Why is it I feel like I have read this post 100 times and I still have no idea what you are saying..... Who is Brittney? What book? Why a new name?
I just keep thinking Brittney Spears can't even cover her weave tracks she does not need to be writing a book... can she even read books?....[/QUOTE]

colibri972

@Mystic

I (or should I say We?) just don't think that heat training reflects the new way to think and pratice the heat training introduced by Brittanny.

And it's not in anyway an attempt to make a "sugar coating" word.
In my opinion, heat training is a little sugar coated.
In my case I would prefer something "harsher", more technic, more realistic.

But if this attempt doesn't succeed we will keep heat training.

virtuenow

Hello LHCF ladies,

There is a few days I send this message to Brittanny and I'm so happy to hear that she thinks it's a good idea:

When I read it again I realize that I sound a bit harsh :ohwell::ohwell: but all I said in this message I read it on the web when I searched for information about heat training.

I was shocked by the "you try to fool people around" blah blah... I don't believe that heat trained ladies do this on this purpose really.
Until today, all the heat trained ladies speak freely about their true hair texture.

Sooo, you dont have to be a heat trainers, you don't have to be a heat lovers... Just be CREATIVE!
and yes you can be natural, relaxed,texturized, texlaxed, bkted or bald too!

(I know we will have some "frylaxing" lol but hey, it's part of the game!)

LHCF is one of the best place to ask because on this board ladies are educated and open minded!

The following words have been proposed:

heatlax, thermal texturizing, thermal straightening , Mechanical Loosening, neo press, helax , thermalaxing....

And many more! You can read them all here:

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

They are in the comment section.

ok ok...

The mic is open...
Never mind, I see your above response

Lynnerie

I'm confused...When did heat training become a new process? And I don't see a negative connotation with the term. In my opinion heat training is intentional and heat damage is unintentional. Just like when you described texlax vs. underprocess.

But if she wants to change the name I like thermal-texturizing or better yet heat-laxed like someone else mentioned.

geejay

I wish you luck in this pursuit. It can be frustrating to search for discussions about using heat to alter texture without it turning into a merry-go-round about heat damage. Perhaps another name for the process will create the breathing room for people who want to use heat in this manner to exchange tips and useful info.

Maybe "Intensive Heat Training" to differentiate from the accidental heat damage that so many associate with heat training.

Chaosbutterfly

Transition Over
LOL, This reminds me of when Oprah was on TV, saying that instead of referring to themselves as broke, people should say that they are "temporarily out of cash". I don't know why folks like to give things fancy names...it all means the same thing. Whether you say you're broke or temporarily out of cash doesn't change the fact that you ain't got no money.
And whether you call your hair heat trained or thermally reconstructed doesn't change the fact that you used heat to alter your natural texture.
I just don't see the point...it's just more letters to be typing. :ohwell:

LovinLea

I can think of a few nicknames but they're not very good. I'm one of those people who just looks at heat training as heat damage. Maybe one day I'll learn better...

colibri972

You should read your post again b/c it doesn't really make sense. Your message to "brittany" is confusing, how did she understand? I've never heard of someone accusing heat trained ppl of faking their texture. If that was the case then everyone w/a relaxer/telaxer or texturizer is also "faking" their texture. This makes no sense

Sorry, as usual my poor english doesn't play in my favor.

The subject of the mail I sent to Brittany is : "why not try to find a new name for heat training" and she thinks it's a good idea.
The mail was about find a name for her technique that she calls "heat training", but unlike heat training her technique tries to minimize risk through a protocol.
A protocol developed from her experience.

I will find the site with the comment and I will post the link.
You will have ample opportunity to hand your opinion (that I fully share) to the people who said that.

Last edited:

arosieworld

Thanks 4 our nail *****!
I'm confused...When did heat training become a new process? And I don't see a negative connotation with the term. In my opinion heat training is intentional and heat damage is unintentional. Just like when you described texlax vs. underprocess.

But if she wants to change the name I like thermal-texturizing or better yet heat-laxed like someone else mentioned.
Exactly.
You should read your post again b/c it doesn't really make sense. Your message to "brittany" is confusing, how did she understand? I've never heard of someone accusing heat trained ppl of faking their texture. If that was the case then everyone w/a relaxer/telaxer or texturizer is also "faking" their texture. This makes no sense
Exactly.
@arosieworld
Hello,
1. Brittney is brittanynic16
2. All the information are here https://sites.google.com/site/mybeautymarc/
3. It's just an attempt to find a new name for her new approach of heat training.

I am sorry but the post still makes no sense and neither does the message to Brittany. A new name is not going to make people start respecting heat training and its not new..... I really can't believe someone is going to sell a book about it.....I think most of the older women in my family must have been heat trained because they pressed and didn't relax..... This is a very confusing thread.

MyAngelEyez~C~U

i still think its misleading of her to make it seem like her results are just from using heat. that's bkt'd hair.

Not really, her BKT should have worn off by now. So although it is a result of her BKTing her hair (high heat used), what you see now is just her resulting hair, if that makes any sense. In other words, she inadvertently heat-trained her hair while BKTing and just stopped BKTing and continued heat-training.

:look: