Luscious Healthy Ends Challenge 2023

What would you like to address and improve as it relates to having luscious, healthy ends?

• Breakage

Votes: 36 54.5%
  • Thinness

Votes: 30 45.5%
  • Unevenness

Votes: 18 27.3%
  • Split Ends

Votes: 36 54.5%
  • Dryness

Votes: 32 48.5%
  • Roughness

Votes: 14 21.2%
  • Knots

Votes: 31 47.0%
  • Dullness

Votes: 9 13.6%

• Total voters

Napp

Ms. Nobody
I washed my hair and did a wash and go for a change of pace and hated it. I didnt have enough time for it to dry at the roots as well. So I wrassled my hair into two flat twist and will leave them there till I have the strength to do something else. The style is kind of cute on its own but I could easily pop on a wig too so we will see. I just want a style where I just have to do baby hairs at most per day for maintenance.

Chicoro

5 Year Shea Anniversary: Started Dec 16th, 2016!
I'm feeling better physically and I thank you all for the well wishes. They certainly helped! My product supplies are low so I decided to go one more week without doing my hair. This upcoming Saturday I am going to take the horse and buggy into town and go and buy some hair care products. Then, when I come back, I can do my hair in peace and tranquility.

Lylddlebit

I lost more hair than normal on today’s wash. I didn’t lose a setback amount or anything. Most of the time I use a grape-cherry size. Today I lost the equivalent of two cherry sized hairballs(2 weeks worth in 10 days). That isn’t terrible for 10 days, but more than my normal for 10 days. So, that is a reminder not to change up my routine too much from one wash day to the next.

I started to do a WnG today but after extra hair "fall", followed by my product applications not feeling moisturizing enough, I washed it out. I have learned my lessons on trying to make a style work when there are warning signs during the process. A slight increases in shedding…yellow flag, I can keep going. That plus dry hair during the styling process, red flag... abort mission lol. My hair might have dried fine under the hooded dryer but it wasn't worth the risk to find out(which sucks because the definition look pretty good but my hair didn't "feel" right). I had no problems rewashing and conditioning my hair after I was 75% done with my setting. When I got back in the shower to reset I didn't have any tangles or extra shedding since I had already full detangled it. I literally just washed the Paul Mitchell Foaming Pomade and Innersense "I create hold" combo out reapplied my deep conditioner and put in about 8 bantu knots. I won't try to make that product combination work. I have other combos that I can try. I am going to let it air dry in these bantu knots under my silk caps and leave it alone. The Paul Mitchel pomade defines well, I need to pair it with something else.
On my 3/18 and 3/25 wash days I lost a grape size of hair(on each of those wash days) instead of the typical cherry size. That makes me think my body was just cycling though something and I expect it to be level by the end of the month. I have a pending wash, press and trim planned around Good Friday. I will see where I landed, for the quarter, then.

Chicoro

On my 3/18 and 3/25 wash days I lost a grape size of hair(on each of those wash days) instead of the typical cherry size. That makes me think my body was just cycling though something and I expect it to be level by the end of the month. I have a pending wash, press and trim planned around Good Friday. I will see where I landed, for the quarter, then.
That's good to know that you are tracking your hair shedding and seeing that it is resolving itself!
This sounds like an "Easter Reveal" for the hair! Is it true?

keranikki

Natural, 3abc/4a, Fine, medium density
I’m coasting into the month of April. My revelations for the month of March are as follows:
- microtrimming is helpful to me, for it forces me to see if any of my processes or products are wreaking havoc on my hair. I had to cut a little more in my crown this time. I believe the extra cutting is from not doing a micro trim in that area during my last trim and dryness.
- my crown needs extra patience and moisture versus the rest of my hair. Washing my hair in sections helps me to do this. I know I mentioned washing in sections before, but I wasn’t consistent. Now, I have to be.
- the wash n go lifestyle is for me. Wigs are too cumbersome, even though I like them on occasion. My current staple setting products are UFD Curl Stimulator and EcoSlay Jelloshot. I have tried other setting products, but nothing matches the consistency and lasting power of this combination. Going to order backups.

snoop

I spent last week reading up on trimming by the moon and created a calendar, then trim schedule for myself for the rest of the year. I just did a micro trim: Waxing moon, house: Cancer. This will count as my April trim and I won't micro trim until May. I also did a protein treatment and so I should be good for the next little while.

Chicoro

I’m coasting into the month of April. My revelations for the month of March are as follows:
- microtrimming is helpful to me, for it forces me to see if any of my processes or products are wreaking havoc on my hair. I had to cut a little more in my crown this time. I believe the extra cutting is from not doing a micro trim in that area during my last trim and dryness.
- my crown needs extra patience and moisture versus the rest of my hair. Washing my hair in sections helps me to do this. I know I mentioned washing in sections before, but I wasn’t consistent. Now, I have to be.
- the wash n go lifestyle is for me. Wigs are too cumbersome, even though I like them on occasion. My current staple setting products are UFD Curl Stimulator and EcoSlay Jelloshot. I have tried other setting products, but nothing matches the consistency and lasting power of this combination. Going to order backups.
Are you doing wash and go's?

keranikki

Natural, 3abc/4a, Fine, medium density
Are you doing wash and go's?
Yes, for most of the month of March, I did wash n go’s. Unfortunately, I was using a product that didn’t provide a good caste (Keracare’s Curl Essence). I loved the product for its soft definition, moisture, and fast drying time. It just doesn’t work well to protect my ends. My newest combination is much better. I think my ends will fair better this April.

Chicoro

Yes, for most of the month of March, I did wash n go’s. Unfortunately, I was using a product that didn’t provide a good caste (Keracare’s Curl Essence). I loved the product for its soft definition, moisture, and fast drying time. It just doesn’t work well to protect my ends. My newest combination is much better. I think my ends will fair better this April.
Okay, great!

fifi134

Last night was time for me to check my ends for a trim. I’m happy to say I probably cut less than an inch all around. I use the Deeper Than Hair video as my guide. I hadn’t been doing anything extra special to my ends but I deep condition every week, and try to protect them as much as possible with my satin bonnets and with wearing them in twists as much as possible.

Looking forward to seeing the growth!

Chicoro

After one (1) month, I finally got to my hair. When I undid the braids to prepare for wash, my hair was moist and lubricated. No tangles and very little breakage. It was an uneventful, smooth wash and condition session. I'm back in fresh, coated braids and a fresh baggie!

Chicoro

Today was my 3 year big chop anniversary!

View attachment 488523

The length didn't last long cause I got a trim LOL!!
Before and after
View attachment 488525 View attachment 488529
Wowzers !
Today was my 3 year big chop anniversary!

View attachment 488523

The length didn't last long cause I got a trim LOL!!
Before and after
View attachment 488525 View attachment 488529
Wowzers! This is hair is GORGEOUS! Look at this! Before the trim, you were about 2 to 3 inches from waistlength in some places. After the trim, you are about 4 to 5 inches to waist length which is still a fabulous length!

Don't nobody be asking her how much growth she got because we all know she be measuring with Thumbilina's tiny ruler.
If we were to use @ckisland historical measurements, she would say that between April 2020 and April 2023 she got about 3 inches of growth, but ONLY if you round up a 1/2 inch. Don't do it, ya'll, don't ask her unless you want to be left dazed and confused. Just use your own eyes and stick to the visuals of the photos and be satisfied with an estimate. I repeat, do not ask her about measurements!

Congratulations on this full, heavily hanging, long hair with luscious healthy ends, already in April and we still got nine (9) months to go. @ckisland is killing the luscious, healthy hair ends game. She out her on the streets with messed up measurements and still stuntin' on folks with her great hair growth and health!