March 11 12 13 What Are Your Weekend Hair Plans?

rileypak

Wash Week™ Queen
- Detangle with water/glycerin spray
- Scalp massage and co-cleansing with a few jars of APB Cleansing Whipped Crème that I need to use up
- M&S: APB Broccoli Hair Creme, Jakeala Baked Cherries Amla Shea Parfait
- The Mane Choice Crystal Orchid Gel on my edges
- Either twist the front of my hair and pull everything into a bun OR try my hand at banding to wear a stretched out fro for the week...will see how I feel

Last edited:

ladybevy

Pre-Poo overnight with various oils
Clarify with Keracare 1st Lather
Shampoo with mix of Keracare Hydrating Shampoo and SD Go Moist
Protein treatment with SD Mocha Silk Infusion
DC with Bee Mine Bee-u-ti-ful Moisturizing Deep Conditioner with Rice Bran Oil under hooded dryer for 30 mintues
Leave-ins/Moisturizer: Hydratherma Naturals Daily Hair Growth Lotion and the Daily Hair Growth Oil. Also spray some of the Follicle Mist on my scalp. Now currently air drying.

Rozlewis

The weekend before my touch-up is always a good one.

Pre-poo: Hair Trigger on scalp and Coconut oil on length
Poo: KeraCare Hydrating Detangling Poo
Protein Treat: Komaza Care Protein Strengthener
Dc: Naturelle Grow Chamomile and Burdock DC
Leave-ins: Annabelle's/Vatica Frosting/KBB
Heat Protectant: Tresemme
Dry: Air dry and detangle then blow dry lightly
Heat Protectant: Serum
Flat Iron: Sedu

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Tomorrow:
Pre-Rx with: Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
Cleanse with: HQS Brazilian Chocolate & Argan Cleansing Conditioner
Treat with: Cathy Howse Ultra Black Hair (under dryer)
Steam with: Jakeala's Sweet Honey Hair Thang mixed with Jasmine Bath & Beauty
Apply Leave-In: QB's CTDG

*After my Hair Dries?*

myronnie

Going to a conference so I needed to wash my hair tonight!
Took down twists with Curl Junkie Smoothing Lotion
Prepoo: APB Ayurvedic Mask and Curl Junkie Repair Me (30 min)
Shampoo: Nexxus Frizz Defy
Dc: Soultanicals Afrotastic and Curl Junkie Rehab (30 min)
Twist with Oyin hair dew, Apb ayurvedic creme, Apb butta

NaturallyATLPCH

Although they are not on my list of things to try for the month, I'm going to try my SM products. I need a dose of protein but it's not time for a hard core protein if that makes sense.

Prepoo: APB Oil
Cleanse: Shea Moisture High Po Poo
DC: Shea Moisture High Po Mask
Leave In: SM Multi Vitamin Detangler
Seal: AVJ
Style: SM Hi Po Gel or another styling type cream
Air dry in twists
Get another set of Marley twists

AgeinATL

Although they are not on my list of things to try for the month, I'm going to try my SM products. I need a dose of protein but it's not time for a hard core protein if that makes sense.

Air dry in twists

Interested in your thoughts on this mask. A lot of people with LP hair seem to love it. It's on my list of DCs to try.

Nightingale

On the Grow and Keeping it Simple
Friday:
  • Dust my ends, trimmed any single strand knots I found.

Saturday:

• Prepoo: sprayed my hair and scalp with aloe vera juice & glycerin mix. Topped with Ion Effective Care Treatment. Cover with heatcap for 30 minutes. I don't know for sure if protein treatments work as a prepoo, but I don't feel like jumping in the shower more than once today.
  • Cleanse: shampoo scalp with Neutrogena T-Sal shampoo. Let sit for a few minutes, then rinse.
  • Steam DC: Apply GVP Conditioning Balm (diluted with aloe vera juice) to hair. Detangle with Babyliss massaging brush. Steam for 30 minutes. Leave in.
  • Style: Small two strand twist using Ecostyler gel.

Aggie

I had some personal issues to take care of this week so I didn't do my usual spa hair day thang. However, I did cowash this morning with Purelogy Hydrate Conditoner and moisturized with my ceramide oil induced Keracare jojoba moisturizer

Last edited:

imaginary

M&S with avj, olive/lavendar oil on my scalp and then SM spray, souffle & curl conditioner and a small amount of castor oil (also emptied the last of some Kckt on my edges so I could throw away the bottle). Just one more week in these braids.

NaturallyATLPCH

Air dry in twists

I sealed with Soultanicals Total Recoil Babassu Butter after applying the SM leave in then put my hair in twists.

bajandoc86

Lipstick Lover
How'd your quarterly appointment with Reniece go?

It went great!

Positives:
1. She noted that my hair had obvious increased length and thickness as well as better moisture retention.

2.My hemline (or weightline is what I think she calls it) still looked pretty good since she gave me a cut at my first visit, so she only had to dust this time around.

Things to work on/change:
1. I still have some shorter broken pieces down my middle part (this is a chronic issue which we attribute to how I handle the hair in that area) but there are less noticeable. I just need to be more careful and deliberate about how I handle that area and ensure I have clean parts when cornrowing my hair under wigs to ensure less hair being captured between braids.

2. She recommended keeping the braids in for 4 weeks instead of 2 - cowashing/dc in braids at the two week mark, and doing the whole shebang including blowdry at the 4 week mark. This is all with the aim of reducing manipulation.

3. Remember to always approach my detangle process with intention. Be deliberate and gentle. This one I have to constantly remind myself of because I am someone who will just rush and rip out hair when I am tired.

Overall I will say that using wigs as a protective style as a part of this simplified hair regimen has really worked well with my work/residency schedule. Also I am seeing progress, so I am happy thus far.

If you asked me 5 yrs ago if I would ever wear a wig, the answer would be no. Now?!? Wig head representing! LOL.