March 2009 - MT/OCT Challenge - The Ending & The Beginning

Im such a loser I only use OCT one time this week, but at least I left it on overnight. Im also 6 week. Im going to make it my goal, to use it 3 times next week.

I notice when I use OCT, I notice less hair in my shower drain catcher.
Anyone else notice less shedding with OCT?

Since you said that, I notice that my hair line is growing out crazy, and Im starting to grow hair on my forehead, almost close to any eddy, but not a point, but all the way down to my ear area on both sides. Its scary, cause I guess, I used to damage my hair so bad, I didn't realize I pulled out that hair, and it just now able to grow, and it won't stop. My baby hair is growing out of control. OCT really do bring hair follicles back to life.

I love OCT.

I'M in for another year. MT and OCT for me, Please.

J/K, thanks for all you do...organizing, motivating, researching and counseling. You are appreciated!!:thumbsup::bouncy:

Question:
Does anyone else notice brand new hair-like baby fuzz? I am apparently growing hair where I didnt know I had lost it. I knew some of my hair had fallen out but, I have fuzzy new hair springing up all over my head. It has gotten thick and now I have an underlayer of hair like and undercoat that makes all my sleek styles puffy. Almost like new growth on a relaxed head but, I am natural.

I have baby fuzz coming in behind my ears.. I never knew I lost the hair there either.. maybe from my glasses...

I'm in again this year, Kiya. I used MT last year, I'm using OCT, but I think that I'll be buying more MT and mixing pretty soon. Okay, so I'm using MT/OCT but not until I get my MT.

I'm confused. My head hurts from thinking too much about it.:lachen:

I'm in again this year, Kiya. I used MT last year, I'm using OCT, but I think that I'll be buying more MT and mixing pretty soon. Okay, so I'm using MT/OCT but not until I get my MT.

I'm confused. My head hurts from thinking too much about it.:lachen:

OMG, you're cracking me up! I'm thinking the same thing and I don't have either...can't decided which one, if any :rolleyes:

Checking in. I didn't post in the previous thread very often so one of my goals for this challenge is provide more regular updates.

I'm still using MT.

Along with the Bootcamp and APL challenges and now the A-veda challenge I'm trying to keep my progress pictures consistent. I won't have a "starting" picture until Mar 31st since I only get one heat pass per Bootcamp session and I use direct heat to show my length.

I'm still applying an MT mixture to my scalp 2-3 times a week. I was co-washing 3 times a week but this cold weather made it impractical. So now, I co-wash no more than 2 times a week. Sunday is my DC day. Currently I'm Hendigoing my hair.

I get shedding unless I do a garlic paste treatment. The last one (fresh garlic vice dried powdered) ended in disaster and I lost a lot of length. I will be happy, at the end of March, if I end up with the same length as my Dec 31st picture. Yep, that's how much I lost. I'm still growing at 0.5" per month which is normal pre-MT.

My goal is thicker healthier hair (especially the edges) with retained length not faster growth. So MT is the best choice for me. My hair is a lot thicker and healthier which I achieved. My edges are now getting longer. For almost two year my edges especially around my neck would not grow. Now I need to do better at achieving the second part of my goal - retaining the length.

The last two weeks (ETA: actually one week) I reintroduced my hair to ACV rinses and I can't believe I ever stopped. I got lazy and I paid for it. Now, my hair is a lot stronger. Since I have a lot of gray hair around my edges I include a sage infusion in my ACV rinses. Also, this cold weather is causing my hair to dry out more than usual which I didn't think was possible. My ends are breaking more (1/8" to 1/4") so for today I included Irish Moss, Marshmallow Root and Oatmeal along with the sage in my ACV rinse. I added the herbs and oatmeal to combat frizzing and to provide slip. I thought about adding a little bit of my Revlon Porosity Control to my ACV rinse but changed my mind. Of course, that doesn't mean I won't do it at a later date.

Last edited:
Seriously, use it on your skin! Esp. if you smooth it over your skin while it's still a lil damp, fresh out the shower??? Girl! Your skin will get softer, too - DH is always commenting on how soft I am, now. ;)

Does it give you a reddish/orangey tint on your skin? It got on the counter and it was an orange color.

I stopped with OCT when I started Henna treatments. You can add me to the list. For now it's OCT only. I will eventually do OCT/MT toogether.

Does anyone apply MT to wet hair and just apply like a leave in?
I've also baggied with it but when I do it that way, I get headaches. Once I mix it with Bee mine or WGO, the headaches subside...

Im in. Im Ive already started the last week in Feb. I'm also doing the India hair powders and oils challenge. As far as I can tell it stopped my shedding. But, I am having issues with heaches....any suggstions?

Someone mentioned in the other thread that they got better results using MT when they exercised..So today I put it on my scalp before I work out.. I will post results in a week to see if I made any progress...

Me too.:yep:
At first I was worried about the hair around my edges breaking and then one day I realized that not what's left of hair that has broken off that's new hair that has grown in. And I'm talking within a couple of weeks. I hadn't even noticed that I was missing any. Then here it comes just sprouting right on out of no where.

Thanks Tyra, I thought I was going crazy!!!:drunk: I would find new hair and like you I thought I had protein overload and it was breaking, then, I realized it was new growth in places that I didnt know I was missing hair. Then I started tripping and thinking my hair loss was getting worse instead of better and that is why I am finding new hair...I think I am just growing more hair and it will soon be much thicker. Like I said, I have "undergrowth":yawn:

I was on the last challenge but since last week I have switched to OCT. I will be using OCT for the new challenge.

Im in! I bought OCT in february, but havent used it much...I had a crazy schedule! But now that things are settling down, I'll be using it at least three times a week! I already shed without OCT, so I am a little worry of the possible extra shedding... But I'll see as I go along!

Wish u all the best!

I fell off on the Megatek but I still have 3/4 of a bottle left. I'm going to start back on it.

I was wondering where you were!! How are thangs?

Does it give you a reddish/orangey tint on your skin? It got on the counter and it was an orange color.

I haven't noticed it on myself or DH (who is a bit lighter than I - would show up easier on him, I think).

Im in. Im Ive already started the last week in Feb. I'm also doing the India hair powders and oils challenge. As far as I can tell it stopped my shedding. But, I am having issues with heaches....any suggstions?

Use less. Anytime I've gotten headaches from MT, I was using a LOT of it at a time......

Reporting in so I can stay down for tha cause!

Did my OCT today and let it sit for 1 hour with a shower cap on. It is so funny when I am applying it on my scalp, my new growth feels like ultra fine baby hair but after it sits for a while it begins getting hard.

I started megatex today! I just co-washed with Suave humectant for the very first time ( 2 thumbs up) after detangling all this texlax and relaxed hair with tons and tons of olive oil! I am now applying megatax(mixed with EVOO) to my damp scalp... APL.. PLZ COME SOOON!

PIC ADDED!

SDC12119-1.jpg

Last edited:
I'm in...I just used MT last night...i'll probably use that until i get some more oct and then alternate again...hopefully i'll get growth between now and May...

Does anyone apply MT to wet hair and just apply like a leave in?
I've also baggied with it but when I do it that way, I get headaches. Once I mix it with Bee mine or WGO, the headaches subside...

I did last night...i just applied it to my entire head and massaged my scalp a little bit...i went to bed with my shower cap on and woke up with a massive headache...i thought it was just a coincedence....maybe i'll go back to applying it to my scalp only, that way i'm not using as much and it won't cause a massive headache.

I did last night...i just applied it to my entire head and massaged my scalp a little bit...i went to bed with my shower cap on and woke up with a massive headache...i thought it was just a coincedence....maybe i'll go back to applying it to my scalp only, that way i'm not using as much and it won't cause a massive headache.

Yup...LOL that's what happened to me! But when I do this with WGO or Bee Mine, I don't get that headache. I'm trying desperately to let this soak into my head for optimal penetration LMAO!

But seriously....I just ordered another bottle of MT. By me using my Bee Mine?MT mix, I'm able to stretch this out. I'm trying to hit APL in June 09 or BUST!

Today, I wet my hair a little. MT has made my roots revert something awful so I have to wet it to at least wear my "Megatek Bun" I apply it to my scalp (wet) and then apply to the length of my hair. Place in a bun and tie down with a scarf.

Deleted...

Last edited:

You know, I came on here to talk about this headache and stomacheache, I have because of this OCT. I miss my MT. It's only been on my head for 30 minutes.

Off to rinse and DC.

Here is my March start point. Ignore my little afro at the top, this was right before I got my sew-in. I had some breakage in the middle and sides from my Henna experience so I am so ready for this challenge.

th_HR001.jpg

Please add me to the list. I will be using MT. I mix my MT with about tbsp of rosewater and a tsp of BeeMine in an applicator bottle.

Back