May 2010.....What Did YOU Buy this Week???..(Hair Care Edition)

Sapphire_chic

Really cool hair chopsticks!

eta: I repurchased castor oil after a long hiatus (2 bottles)
dax marcel curling wax (after a thread started here)

Last edited:

knt1229

I bought Suave Shea Butter and Almond Shampoo and Conditioner, 2 claw clips and some headbands. I just used the shampoo and conditioner for the first time the other night and both were very moisturizing.

Pompous Blue

I took advantage of the online sales:

Hairveda - 2 new Acai conditioners and 1 gal Avosoya Oil.
Shescentit - Gillian and Seyani Butters, Honey conditioning rinse, Avocado conditioner, green tea and hibiscus conditioner.
jamaicanblackcastoroil.com - Jamaican Black Castor Oil and the extra dark Jamaican Black Castor Oil
Qhemet Biologics - Amla and Olive Heavy Cream and Burdock Root Butter Cream.
Beemineproducts.com - deja hair milk, luscious Balanced Cream moisturizer, Bee Hold curly butter.

Whew! I think that's it 'til Black Friday 2010.

NJoy

Here I grow again!
Optimum Care relaxer
Brahmi oil
Mahabhringaraj Maka enriched hair oil

I used the relaxer today. Just trying the indian oils for the first time today.

exoticmommie

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Day 9 of my Personal Self-Imposed No-Buy:rolleyes:

Took the 'pass' w/Fellow PJ and re-stocked SheScentIt Banana Brulee (tis all:ohwell:) Couldn't pass up a good discount.

Oh Well....next week I will start Afresh:blush:

UniquelyDivine

I told myself I wasn't going to buy anything until I used up my little stash....however after seeing all these posts about skala curiosity got the best of me!

I bought
Skala G-3 ceramides shampoo and conditioner-Love!
Skala G-3 ceramides leave in styling cream-Love!
Skala Aloe Vera leave in in styling cream-Haven't tried yet..
Skala fruit cocktail conditioning masque--Hmmm
Skala Shea butter conditioning masque-Love!
NTM silk touch leave in-I'm not sure how I feel about this one yet
O and I also purchased some BT!

Aw Lawd...I clearly didn't control myself this week, however all my skala was only a dollar each so yea...:look:

*On my way to sally's*

JJamiah

Wow that list had me pouring water on my forehead with steam coming from it. Hot list, wow you did stock up. LOL

Sounds like a lot of goodies! Your hair is going to be like :lick:

soonergirl

2 more jars of qhemets burdock root butter cream.. and a bunch of skala condishes

ETA: A large jar of emergencia and a jar of apretadora condish.. love dominican condishes too!!

Last edited:

Americka

GroWorks Grow It Strengthening Root and Scalp Serum

Promotes healthy natural growing hair. Stimulates hair follicles and lifts extra sebum to support stronger, longer growth. Put a desired amount of serum into your hand and use your fingers to apply it first to those areas of scalp where growth is slow. Massage in gently. Use twice daily for best results.

Ingredients:

Water (Aqua), Panthenol, Polysorbate 20, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbitol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Methyl Gluceth-20, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Xanthan Gum, Fragrance (Parfum), Disodium EDTA, Citric Acid, Methylisothiazolinone, Benzyl Salicylate, Limonene, Citronellol, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Phospholipids, Soy Amino Acids, Isopropyl Palmitate, Rice Amino Acids, Butylene Glycol, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Extract, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) Extract.

The ingredients in bold, especially panthenol, sold me on it!

lushlady

Aphogee 2 minute reconstructor
Pack of hair bands
Sparkly hair clip
Leather (looking) hair clip
Cottonseed oil
Shea butter
Essential oils-grapefruit, ylang ylang, rosemary
satin pillow case

Tene

Tresemme Naturals conditioner, Giovanni Smooth as Silk, Carol's Daughter Hair Milk, Carol's Daughter Healthy Hair Butter, Garnier Fructis 3 minute undo, and more Giovanni Direct leave-in.

NIN4eva

Yesterday...

Ginourmous flexi rods (Plum Colored)
Aphogee 2 min treat
Clairol Luminize Lightener
Clairol Beautiful Collection Semi-Permanent Honey Brown
Plain Black Hair sticks
Tortoise Hair Sticks

ms.blue

Wave nouveau finishing lotion, detangling comb and a satin bonnet and I ordered the jojoba hemp seed shampoo and banana brulee from shescenit saturday night.

2inspireU

I finally found a BL that had everything in stock for Skala.

I bought...
8 Skala Jaborandi conditioners
13 Skala Ceramide G3 masques
11 Skala Ceramide G3 leave ins

Bringing my total Skala stash to 52 items. My Skala stash is now complete.

NIN4eva

I finally found a BL that had everything in stock for Skala.

I bought...
8 Skala Jaborandi conditioners
13 Skala Ceramide G3 masques
11 Skala Ceramide G3 leave ins

Bringing my total Skala stash to 52 items. My Skala stash is now complete.

:worship2:

That's all I have to say.

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
Smooth 'N Shine Therapy - Silk Fusion Repair X-Treme Leave-In Treatment. This is definitely a protein leave- in. My hair felt silky but a bit hard - too much protein as a leave-in. But its a nice source of silk protein. Thats why I bought it :yep:

will try adding some to protein free DC's, realxer mid-step treatment and/or to my ends during my next touch up.

13StepsAhead

This week I purchased a portable hair steamer as a reward to myself for obtaining my 1st grad level internship. I won't be able to use it until July (for my b-day) when I take out these senegalese twist, but I'm still excited :yep: .

Last edited:

Aggie

I still have a month and a half of Phyto Cap Energy Supps, but I went ahead and bought a 90 count bottle of Nioxin Recharging Complex last night. I will restore the PCE Supps next month I think:look:.