June 2010...What Did YOU Buy this Week? (Hair Care Edition)

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
Beeswax. After stalk -I mean viewing Chicoro's fotki :grin:, I'm gonna try making my own un-petroleum jelly :yep:

choctaw

Exactly how do you incorporate this in your reggie?

I melted raw shea butter and added aloe vera gel to prevent shea butter from hardening again. I use the shealoe mixture on my hair before getting into pool to protect my hair against chlorine. This is my first batch so I mixed a small amount to see results. Might have to tweak it with different shea or aloe vera or use olive oil instead of aloe vera. Just trying to get some easy to apply pure shea butter in oil base to protect hair against chlorine.

And if this stuff don't work, going back to my honey rinse cuz that stuff sucks up conditioner like a hoover :lachen:

ETA: I am learning what works best with my hair so my reggie is a work in progress :)

Last edited:

TwistNMx

Claw clips very close to these I bought today.

SingBrina

I bought Ojon hair thickener shampoo and conditioner. I also bought a new titanium, ceramic 1" curling iron from Sallys. I must say that Ojon is great!!!! My hair used to be sooooo hard to press and with Ojon the pressing comb slids through and my hair look sooooo amazing, I was shocked!! It is pricey, but it is a natural product and it worksss!!! Seriously, I am a product sampler for my friends, and this one I will keep! My hair barely broke off, and my styling time was cut down by an hour!!! The flat iron just glided on my hair like silk :)

fivetimestwo

had to re-up on my cowashing stash:

Aussie Moist conditioner
Fructis Length & Strength Conditioner (with bonus shampoo)

ETA: also picked up some more castor oil...a must for sealing.

Last edited:

SherylsTresses

After reading about natural hair on this site and CurlyNikki, I decided to giveaway my Siilicon Mix products and use organic products. To replace them I purchased:

Yes to Carrots conditioner
Giovanni Direct leave-in
Knotty Boy Shampoo Bar
Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose conditioner
EVOO 3 liter container
Miss Jessie's Curly Butterceme 2 oz -- may give to a sister or a niece

Americka

• 2 bottles of HE "degunkify" Tingling Deep Cleaning Shampoo ($1.30@)
  • Dove Heat Activated Protect and Shine Mist ($1.00)
  • Garnier Fructis Sleek & Shine Anti-Humidity Smoothing Milk ($1.00)
  • 3 12 oz bottles of Sunflower Oil ($1.00@)
Total spent $7.60 not including tax...:grin:

crvlngrhair

NTM Split End Mender
Phony Pony
Phony Bun
Sweat Bands (for steamer)
Hair Pins
Plastic hair clips
Bentonite Clay
Biotin
Liquid B Complex
Biosil

Soliel185

Mane & Tail Conditioner - I remember this being super slippery
Lustrasilk Shea Butter & Mango
GVP Paul Mitchell Wax Works
HS 14 n 1

a replacement color mix bottle for my diluted shampoo.

LushLox

Bee Mine Strawberry-Kiwi growth serum
Bee Mine Luscious Balanced Cream Moisturiser

I couldn't take all of the positive reviews, I'm much too weak. :ohwell:

Elnett Hairspray

cmbodley

Silk Elements Megasilk moisturizing treatment- Sally's $6.99 on sale
Organix Shampoo & Conditoner-CVS $4.99 on sale
plastic caps
Aphogee 2 min keratin reconstructor
Sweet Almond Oil
Castor oil
Avacodo oil
plastic applicators

BeetleBug

I ordered the 16 oz. Whipped Gelly from Hairveda last week. It should be delivered tomorrow hopefully. Trying to make my homemade gel was a fail so I'm sticking w/ the gelly. I might order 2 more 16 oz. during the sale.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I ordered the 16 oz. Whipped Gelly from Hairveda last week. It should be delivered tomorrow hopefully. Trying to make my homemade gel was a fail so I'm sticking w/ the gelly. I might order 2 more 16 oz. during the sale.

I applaud you for at least tryin' Beetle!:grin:

OT: I got my eye on a Coupla' Jars of Sitrinillah myself.:look::look: And maybe the Whipped Ends Cream:look::look:

Tanji

VO5 moisturing conditioner and shampoo from CVS. Someone on the board posted that they were on sale for 77 cents and I ran out and got some. Thanks whoever posted it.:grin: