Mega-Tek/OCT Challenge November 2008

rhapsdyblu

Okay, if it doesn't look any worse after 3 more weeks, I will try for 3 months. If it looks worse, well, no one will have to live with the bald spot but me, so . . .

I hear you. I hope and pray it does not look/get worse. You do what's best for you. I wish you the best with this.

BTW, I love your hair.

kandake

I'm so excited. I just got my MT order. It came really fast. I put in the order Wednesday night.

Anywho, I'm going to take before pics tonight and do my first application tonight as well.

I pray to God I have a good experience with this stuff. The post in the last few days have been somewhat discouraging.

bamachic08

um quick question...does this stuff cause some new growth in say three days along the edges....now i posted another thread about my hairline but something strange is happening to me....i have some new growth like in a patch that showed up in what seems to be overnight...like i said its strange but wonderful.Who invented this....they need an award because its like a miracle.
I want to bathe in this stuff

Last edited:
I am feeling what everyone is saying it look like my hair is breaking off as well , I been using OT and MT for 8 weeks , in the beginning I was getting thickness , but now my hair is falling, I was using it straight but I stop a lot of shedding. I put coconut and Castor oil with MT an OCTas a mixed , I am finding short patches of hair in some area, hair on the floor. I been DC three times a week , shampooing once a week , garlic pills , biotin , Vitamin C , fish oil.mixing garlic power and shampoo, I clarified with baking soda. So I going to give it about a month , and if there no improvement I going back to my weave and stop using their product.The biotin is breaking out my face .

Last edited:

jamaicalovely

Hey girls, checking in. Glad everyone is still having success with MT/OCT. I added OCT to my mix last month and got a burst of growth. :yep: I noticed over the last couple of weeks that my hair sort of taking a break on growth. :ohwell: I usually get .25 growth per week, and haven't got .25 over the last two weeks. I'm beginning to think I did my new batch mix wrong. I'm still positive, though. I won't be surprised that I'll get .5 growth in one week later on this month to catch up. Anyone else experience this after adding OCT to the mix?

Anways...HHG ladies!

anon123

I am feeling what everyone is saying it look like my hair is breaking off as well , I been using OT and MT for 8 weeks , in the beginning I was getting thickness , but now my hair is falling, I was using it straight but I stop a lot of shedding. I put coconut and Castor oil with MT an OCTas a mixed , I am finding short patches of hair in some area, hair on the floor. I been DC three times a week , shampooing once a week , garlic pills , biotin , Vitamin C , fish oil.mixing garlic power and shampoo, I clarified with baking soda. So I going to give it about a month , and if there no improvement I going back to my weave and stop using their product.The biotin is breaking out my face .

yikes, you too? maybe this is just a phase. wish i had the stamina to read the 2000 pages that have been typed on mt and oct! And you've been using for 8 weeks? wow, that's a little worrying.

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
Here are my progress pictures for the end of October.
May 13, 2008 and July 7, 2008

September 4, 2008

October 28, 2008

:yay: Keep it up! I have some Mega-Tek in my hair right now! I did an Ovation treatment last week. My hair is in the best condition! It's still fine/thin, but it feels and looks like silk! :up:

yikes, you too? maybe this is just a phase. wish i had the stamina to read the 2000 pages that have been typed on mt and oct! And you've been using for 8 weeks? wow, that's a little worrying.

Yes I am very worried about this as well , I wash and DC my hair last night , I am trying to condition my hair daily to see if the shedding would stop. But I am noticing that I had better results when I was not using MT or OCT, just my other condition along with coconut oil was so much better for me. I not sure what going on , I think it work different on each person hair, all product don't work the same on everyone . and I must be that person that it not working on. I have 4a and 4b , tex hair and short length . My hair is popping as I comb it , and I have a large tooth comb. In the beginnning it was working great , but after I not sure what was going on with my hair, Today I would blow it out to see extracly what going on and wear my hair broken off. good luck to everyone on your product. :cry3::cry3::cry3:

Nya33

I'm so excited. I just got my MT order. It came really fast. I put in the order Wednesday night.

Anywho, I'm going to take before pics tonight and do my first application tonight as well.

I pray to God I have a good experience with this stuff. The post in the last few days have been somewhat discouraging.

Dnt be discouraged you are just starting your mt experience and you may not experience what some have. I pray that you have amazing results. :yep:

bluwatersoul

Hey girls, checking in. Glad everyone is still having success with MT/OCT. I added OCT to my mix last month and got a burst of growth. :yep: I noticed over the last couple of weeks that my hair sort of taking a break on growth. :ohwell: I usually get .25 growth per week, and haven't got .25 over the last two weeks. I'm beginning to think I did my new batch mix wrong. I'm still positive, though. I won't be surprised that I'll get .5 growth in one week later on this month to catch up. Anyone else experience this after adding OCT to the mix?Anways...HHG ladies!

that would be me! I started off with MT, switched to OCT last month, and got a burst of growth, I think it has slowed down a little, but the dryness is not as bad for me as with the MT - or maybe I have the moisturizing down pat . but i am finally noticing an accumulation of length, even in my problem areas which is not an east thing to detect on a natural head in braids!

I have also ceased using shampoo! stalking JanuaryNoir and others convinced me to try WEN and I adore it. I wash my hair often b/c of swimming, so I switch off between hairveda and wen condish which keep me moisturized. I am developing a bad case of hand in hair syndrome....

I feel encouraged becauseI just got the email from the Ovation folks saying I should start to see results about now, and I have already. They also said it works on nails and skin, and my nails are looking really good....:yep:

Last edited:

RootPunch

WHOOO HOOOOO!!!
Finally, I'm in there! I just received my OCT and guess when I'm starting? RAGHT NOW!!!!!! Count me in.

JustKiya

Yes I am very worried about this as well , I wash and DC my hair last night , I am trying to condition my hair daily to see if the shedding would stop. But I am noticing that I had better results when I was not using MT or OCT, just my other condition along with coconut oil was so much better for me. I not sure what going on , I think it work different on each person hair, all product don't work the same on everyone . and I must be that person that it not working on. I have 4a and 4b , tex hair and short length . My hair is popping as I comb it , and I have a large tooth comb. In the beginnning it was working great , but after I not sure what was going on with my hair, Today I would blow it out to see extracly what going on and wear my hair broken off. good luck to everyone on your product. :cry3::cry3::cry3:

Hrrrrm. It sounds like you are suffering from protein overload - which does happen with MT, sometimes. What are you DC'ing with? :bighug: Hopefully we will be able to figure something out.
How much MT/OCT are you using at a time? How are you applying it? :scratchch

VirGoViXxEn

To all the ladies experiencing shedding/breakage I recommend using Alter Ego Nourishing Garlic Conditioner. I have been dc 2x's a week with this and I have had little to NO shedding. This dc is the truth!!! I also reccomend moisturizing and sealing your hair & ends at least once a day.

eta: i have been using MT since July!

jamaicalovely

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamaicalovely
Hey girls, checking in. Glad everyone is still having success with MT/OCT. I added OCT to my mix last month and got a burst of growth. :yep: I noticed over the last couple of weeks that my hair sort of taking a break on growth. :ohwell: I usually get .25 growth per week, and haven't got .25 over the last two weeks. I'm beginning to think I did my new batch mix wrong. I'm still positive, though. I won't be surprised that I'll get .5 growth in one week later on this month to catch up. Anyone else experience this after adding OCT to the mix?Anways...HHG ladies!

that would be me! I started off with MT, switched to OCT last month, and got a burst of growth, I think it has slowed down a little, but the dryness is not as bad for me as with the MT - or maybe I have the moisturizing down pat . but i am finally noticing an accumulation of length, even in my problem areas which is not an east thing to detect on a natural head in braids!

I have also ceased using shampoo! stalking JanuaryNoir and others convinced me to try WEN and I adore it. I wash my hair often b/c of swimming, so I switch off between hairveda and wen condish which keep me moisturized. I am developing a bad case of hand in hair syndrome....

I feel encouraged becauseI just got the email from the Ovation folks saying I should start to see results about now, and I have already. They also said it works on nails and skin, and my nails are looking really good....:yep:

Oh, thanks. I knew I wasn't crazy. I was thinking about WEN. So you like it, huh? Which one do you use?

I'm definitely going to stick with the MT/OCT combo. I just found it weird that my hair was getting 1in per month since MT. Then a month ago I add OCT to the mix and now my hair can barely get .25 in two weeks. My goal was to get two inches by end of Dec, so I can't afford any setbacks!

Hrrrrm. It sounds like you are suffering from protein overload - which does happen with MT, sometimes. What are you DC'ing with? :bighug: Hopefully we will be able to figure something out.
How much MT/OCT are you using at a time? How are you applying it? :scratchch

Here are all the product I used I don't used at the same time.

I mixed MT , OCT , Coconut oil and Castro in my color bottle I cant remember how much I use but I made a half of bottle of the mix I used it daily and DC three times a week, but now I DC daily .
Shampoo
Elasta - Shampoo -
COA - Shampoo

Moisturizer and Condition

Elasta QP - Intense Conditioner
Elasta QP - Leave in moisturizer sealing conditioner
Elast - Mango butter this is really good
ORS - Replenishing Conditioner
CON - Conditioner and Shampoo
Garlic power mixed with shampoo
Cantu - Shea Butter leave in conditioner

Oils-
Coconut
Olive oil
Tea Tree
Aloe Vera
Castro

bluwatersoul

Oh, thanks. I knew I wasn't crazy. I was thinking about WEN. So you like it, huh? Which one do you use?
!

I'm using the Fig, and I love it so far. I want to try another one next, and also plan to order one for my DD in college who has been complaining how hard the water is.

I just DC'ed with wen today, and between the OCT and that I feell like my hair texture is changing somewhat...for the good...

Ebony

Can you guys share where you've purchased your OCT?? I would like to get the best deal possible. Thanks-

Mandy4610

ladies, I have some questions:

1. Which alter ego products are you using to combat shedding?
2. Are you mixing anything in your OCT?
3. How often are you DCing and with what?

Please help me out ladies. I just got my OCT a few days ago.
I have tried garlic pills, but they gave me some weird reactions.

TIA

CurlyMoo

So I get a message on my fokti commenting on my growth from using htese products for 5 1/2 weeks. I'm not sure how to take it. She wanted to know if the hair growth were human. Maybe I'm just tripping.
:look: Does she think you are now growing horse hair? :perplexed

jamaicalovely

I forgot to mention that I got like 3 girls using MT at my job. Even this white lady tapped me the other day saying, "I heard you're the girl with the magic hair products." I'm like whauut? :blush: She explained that her daughter is wanting her hair to grow. I gave her the info about MT - she was too excited. Has this happened to you?

Oh, and who cursed me with the damn itchies?:wallbash:

Mandy4610

TIA
PLEASE ladies, can I get some answers please!

anon123

I forgot to mention that I got like 3 girls using MT at my job. Even this white lady tapped me the other day saying, "I heard you're the girl with the magic hair products." I'm like whauut? :blush: She explained that her daughter is wanting her hair to grow. I gave her the info about MT - she was too excited. Has this happened to you?

:lachen: This is so funny, everyone knows you around the office for that. You should wait til they're stopping you in the alley wearing trench coats and hats and shades and stuff talking about "I heard you got that good hair stuff":sekret:

Kimberly

I'm going to join this challenge. I haven't really done a challenge in a long time. I will take my starting pics next weekend when I relax my hair (finger's crossed that will turn out well).

I've had such major setbacks and whenever I'm out with dd and we see a lady with hair between APL and BSL she'll say *oh, your hair was longer than hers* and I really do miss the length and health of the hair I had...of the hair I plan to have again.

So, my *recipe* is MT with jojoba and grapeseed oil with a little bit of tea tree and rosemary oils.

Can we do this? YES WE CAN!

Nya33

TIA

Sorry Mandy i can't help i'm using MT and don't mix it and i cannot get hold of the Alter Ego products.

I deep conditioning with my coconut oil conditioner once a week and steam every two weeks. I have recently just started to use ORS replenishing again on the length of my braids.

I'm taking the garlic pills and my shedding is slowing down,what was your experience?

Have you tried garlic powder mixed with Jojoba or castor oil?
Hope somebody will chime in and answer your q.

sqzbly1908

I am the only black female at my job - oh, I hear them whispering and going on about my hair. They did the same thing when I started losing weight. I work with some undercover card carrying members of the Klan (IMO) especially in light of the Obama win - this election has really shown how people really are.

Anyway - when they get the nerve to ask me what I am using, I am going to tell them Mane and Tail conditioner mixed pink oil, BB supergro, vegetable oil, a whole bottle of garlic powder, hydrogen peroxide and whatever I can think of that is NOT beneficial

Guess I am ventin', huh?!?!?!:lachen:

jamaicalovely

I am the only black female at my job - oh, I hear them whispering and going on about my hair. They did the same thing when I started losing weight. I work with some undercover card carrying members of the Klan (IMO) especially in light of the Obama win - this election has really shown how people really are.

Anyway - when they get the nerve to ask me what I am using, I am going to tell them Mane and Tail conditioner mixed pink oil, BB supergro, vegetable oil, a whole bottle of garlic powder, hydrogen peroxide and whatever I can think of that is NOT beneficial

Guess I am ventin', huh?!?!?!:lachen:
ain't that the truth.

Funny enough, I whispered to the lady "Ummm, did they tell you that this product was originally made for horses?" She was like "Yes, that's fine, my daughter uses that Mane and Tale stuff now."