MEN & NATURAL HAIR

mischka

shrinkage.
I still get hit on as much as I ever have before, and I think white men tend to prefer natural hair on a black woman...

The first time I was openly hit on by a white guy (well, a white guy who asked me out instead of weirdly propositioning me) was the first time I wore a huge fro in public. He was Russian, asked me out in a bookstore. We went to the museum. Couldn't understand a word he said, but thought it was cute how he would guide me around with his hand barely touching the small of my back.

Roux

my SO doesn't know what the hell he wants or likes. When we first started dating I told him I might go natural someday. When I decided to transition he supported me on that. When I get weaves and wigs he compliments them. But when I tell him i'm going to BC he tells me that he loves long hair and doesn't really like wigs and weaves...ummm confuzzled much?

I just think he thinks i'm going to shave my head because he keeps mentioning clippers.

EccentricRed

Interesting you posted this, OP.

I had just posted on twitter that I was thinking about straightening my hair. After about an hour later, I see a friend of mine (who I am slightly interested in...:blush3:) said "I say leave it." At first I had no idea what he was referencing, because it had been an hour. So, after I asked if he was talking about my hair, he said "Yeaaaa." It made me feel REALLY good! I guess although my hair is HUGE when it's in a puff, I didn't think he noticed. It was nice to know he prefered my hair curly!

I know guys who love the whole spectrum. I know some who just prefer relaxed hair. I know some guys who will NOT date a woman who gets relaxers. I know some who don't mind natural hair, but don't really like TWA's. I know some who simply say "as long as it looks good on her."

ilah

My boyfriend is Asian. He loves my natural hair. He's always checking to see my my puffs are getting bigger lol. I get a lot of questions about it from his friends but i'm always up for answering questions :)

BostonMaria

I notice I get more attention when my hair is stretched. I think men (I'm talking most men of different races) love hair that is long, clean, smells good, and is groomed.

I like to ask DH which hairstyle he prefers and he says he doesn't really have a preference. I know which products have a divine scent that drives him crazy and so I think he's more interested in how my hair smells than anything else.

Incognitus

I've noticed that when I have long, flowing hair (well-done weaves), more men of other races hit on me. The rate more than doubles. When I wear my hair SL (my own or weave), it's less other races and more black men.

But to answer the question on men and ''natural'' hair...hmm, well, I've never actually worn my natural hair out without it being straightened or in a ponytail. Well, sometimes I wear it in curls and men seem to compliment me on the curls.

I still get hit on as much as I ever have before, and I think white men tend to prefer natural hair on a black woman...

The first time I was openly hit on by a white guy (well, a white guy who asked me out instead of weirdly propositioning me) was the first time I wore a huge fro in public. He was Russian, asked me out in a bookstore. We went to the museum. Couldn't understand a word he said, but thought it was cute how he would guide me around with his hand barely touching the small of my back.

:blush:

Sent from my iPhone4 using LHCF