messy bun

LoveBeautyKisses

Hey everyone. I like the messy bun look and I am cluless on how to create the style. My hair is shoulder length. Any tips??? Thank u

niqu92

i dont necessarily "try" to make a messy bun....it just...happens.....if tht makes any sense..and i think messy buns look better on longer hair,when i was mbl my messy bun was cute but now that im apl my messy buns dont look as cute

HauteHippie

^^^^^ I agree. My hair is not quite APL yet and my real messy bun ain't cute. But my fake messy bun is! :cry: :cry: :cry: One day I shall have a cute messy bun! One day...

HoneyA

Goal:Hip length stretched
i dont necessarily "try" to make a messy bun....it just...happens.....if tht makes any sense..and i think messy buns look better on longer hair,when i was mbl my messy bun was cute but now that im apl my messy buns dont look as cute

Ditto. I do a lot of messy buns now because it's easy to scrunch up and still look cute. I couldn't pull off this look when my hair was APL.

The bigger the hair, the better the messy bun looks in IMO so you'll have to do a blow out, twist out, braid out, pin curl, bantu knots to get the volume for the look. Play around with it and you may need to add extensions.

ETA: Yes YT has quite a few tutorials for messy buns on all hair lengths, some messier than others. Depends on the look you want.

Last edited: