Ode to the messy bun

I have fallen in love with the messy bun! Ever since I came across this youtube tutorial, I've been rocking these on my stretched out natural hair all summer with different headbands. So quick, easy, chic, and low mani. Great for those of us who exercise!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOE8yYk_ROI

I really like that one because the ends are more protected than in other messy bun tutorials.

Here's another one I like that is great for shorter hair. It's not as messy, but it's REALLY cute! Her channel is AMAZING. Please subscribe.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ic4MspjUqqs

In the above tutorial she's wearing my favorite type of headband, the thicker elastic ones. I don't have to gel my edges anymore using those.

Is anyone else rocking the messy bun?

RosesBlack

I have just recently embraced a messier bun/twist thing and I love it. My hair is showing more texture now that I have my texlax routine down and I love it. LOVE it. I mostly do a simple twist with pins and a part in front and let my hair do what it feels like.

I have just recently embraced a messier bun/twist thing and I love it. My hair is showing more texture now that I have my texlax routine down and I love it. LOVE it. I mostly do a simple twist with pins and a part in front and let my hair do what it feels like.

Oh yea, I've incorporated twists and braids into mine:yep:. I've been missing out for so long! A messy bun and sunglasses is so HOT for summer.

Shay72

Natural, 4A
I do messy buns everyday or some type of updo. To be honest I know it may sound silly but I want long hair so I can bun it. I've always admired buns especially messy ones. I can't wait to have a big & full bun. I'm trying to get a bit more interesting with them and have been collecting accessories along the way.

Last edited:

Harina

This is literally the only reason I want long hair. To do messy buns, chignons, and other nice updos.

I like wearing my hair out but not as much as I like it pulled back.