Miconazole Nitrate (MN) Challenge (May 1 - July 31, 2012)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carmelella

pinkness27 said:
I'm late with my July 1st pic. Sorry! I have been using MN, MT, and jbco on the edges. July 21st will make it 5 months since I've been using MN

Do you guys see a difference?

Do u brush ur hair a lot, use wigs or wear hats often because I'm not sure if it's just the lighting but ur edges look a little sparser/ more receded in the after pic.

Now you can find those wide cloth headbands that are very loose and cute. I would start wearing those so that you wouldn't have to brush or manipulate ur scalp in that area at all. U wear the rest of ur hair out or in very loose pony tails or buns and it'll look cute. And not sure if ur natural or relaxed but I wouldn't relax that area until it thickened up. Also try massaging ur scalp a few times a day.

image-3134348768.jpg

image-4016727294.jpg

Good luck

NaturalfienD

Checkin In,

I applied my MN mix last night via applicator bottle ... I am considering continuing my use of MN until I exhaust the batch I have now (about six ounces.) I will still take out a few of my extensions so I am able to post my growth results on the 31st. :) I hope you all are doing well.

ilong

God's Own
half an inch?? :lick: Amazing! I have that after three weeks of application.

I know ! I have to slap my hand from playing with that hair. :nono:
But looking at my growth aid arsenal - the MN had a LOT of help!

And sorry if this is TMI - but as another poster reported- hair in THAT!!! area has grown also!:blush:

eocceas

@ @eocceas :blush::blush: your hair is so beautiful!!!! if it was possible i would steal it from you! :lol:... are you relaxed or natural? just beautiful...whats your regimine?

:lol:Thnx LightEyedMami...I have been 100% natural for 2.5 yrs

My reggie is...
1x a month on the 1st of each mo.
I pre-poo with a hot oil treatment or protein (Alter Ego)
clarify scalp with Terressentials
Deep Condition w/moisture under steamer
Add my leave-ins and seal then retwist

On the 15th of the mo.
I Prepoo & cowash following dc/steamer/leave-in and seal in twist.

Hope this helps...I try to K.i.s.s but is it ever really simple?:lol:

MsEveMarie

Lol so I had to quickly read backwards to find out what this HTGE is that you Guys were referring to...turns out its hair trigger!

So funny that I use this whenever I'm not doing MN. I don't use her exact mix, as I was on Hairlista doing a challenge with her while she was coming up with it...I do use a similar one with almost identical ingredients tho (my own mix).

Great product and she's a very lovely/helpful/knowledgable individual, so I hope everyone jumps on board and support her company!

Last edited:

pinkness27

Carmelella thanks for the pics of the headbands. I'm going to look for them.

Im currently wearing buns. No wigs or hats. I do brush my hair, but not my edges. I'll will def keep the perm away from my edges from now on.

I got my MTG today. I'm waiting on my emu oil. I really hope this will kick up my MN mix and lety hairline grow.

MsEveMarie

eocceas said:

My reggie is...

On the 15th of the mo.

Your hair's a dream!! Hoping to b at your level by next year!

What hair type are u?

lovestarr

Ssssooo lazy right now but I am about to force myself to apply my mix and massage in for 5 mins instead of 10 since I'm extra tired

afroette

eocceas said:

My reggie is...

On the 15th of the mo.

Wait, alter ego is protein???

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

ilong

God's Own
I'm on a business trip in South Beach and my hair (BSS hair sew in) has LOST the battle with the sun and humidity. My MN mix along with the sun and humidity has turned my head into A HOT (literally) mess:perplexed. Second thing I do when I return home is get this mop out of my head.:yep:

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
ilong said:
I'm on a business trip in South Beach and my hair (BSS hair sew in) has LOST the battle with the sun and humidity. My MN mix along with the sun and humidity has turned my head into A HOT (literally) mess:perplexed. Second thing I do when I return home is get this mop out of my head.:yep:

Awe sorry hun!

NaturalfienD

Checking in,

I just applied my MN mix … I think I might be able to use the mix up by the end of the challenge. My crown is definitely loving the mix, it's growing beautifully.

Course24

Checking in. Applied 1x last week. Will apply 2x this week & the following week with 1 wash before end of challenge.

Mjon912

MJ checking in =) I've been using my mn mix everyday...I just got hair trigger growth elixir so for the past couple of days ive been using that after I put the mn on my scalp and massaging... Call me crazy but I'm thinking about laying on my bed horizontal with my head hanging off and massaging my scalp to make sure blood flow is getting there...lol the things I'm wiling to do for some extra inches

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
Just applied it to my edges.....

I have only really been applying to my edges 2x/wk. On my wash days on clean edges....otherwise I have gel on my edges.

I wanna make sure that I am benefiting the most from my MN.

Status
Not open for further replies.