Mizani True Textures -- New Product

Anyone interested in trying True Textures

• N/A, I'm relaxed or texlaxed.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Leeda.the.Paladin

Hi ladies, this was all I can find out so far on two sites, same exact paragraph. Not sure if I can post the sites so I'll just quote.

"The collection combines, Jojoba Oil and Vitamin E to provide intense hydration and Apricot Oil and Fruit Sugars to seal the cuticle and infuse shine. The enhancing, defining and stretch-styling products from the True Textures Line including Perfect Curl, a defining cream gel for loose curls and waves and a Moisture Stretch, a curl-extending cream for tightly coiled tresses which is used with the True Textures Styling Collection & Techniques to create curly, coily and wavy styles without using direct heat."

I emailed them to ask them for ingredient lists. If I get any answer, I'll post them.

Product lines will always list the good things in their products and then you get them and the ingredients they highlight are like way down on the list.

They never say "Infused with the lubricating power of mineral oil and petroleum jelly" :lachen:

Nightingale

On the Grow and Keeping it Simple
I emailed them to ask them for ingredient lists. If I get any answer, I'll post them.

Product lines will always list the good things in their products and then you get them and the ingredients they highlight are like way down on the list.

They never say "Infused with the lubricating power of mineral oil and petroleum jelly" :lachen:

I emailed them last week and haven't gotten a response yet. Also, Mizani now states on the label when their product is mineral oil and petrolatum free. I purchased their coconut cream for my mother and it stated this. I hope they're getting rid of those ingredients all together.

Sidenote: I did end up sampling the Coconut cream (forgot the exact name) and it was pretty nice.

Leeda.the.Paladin

They emailed me back, here are the ingredients:

hank you for your interest in our True Textures line of products.

We are happy to provide you with the information you need. Please see below for the ingredient lists you requested.

We appreciate the opportunity to be of service.

Sincerely,
Lauren
Consumer Affairs Advisor
Ref # 5443652

SHAMPOO:

FIL Code: D34685/2

MIZANI
True Textures Curl Balance Sulfate Free Shampoo

INGREDIENTS

AQUA / WATER
SODIUM METHYL COCOYL TAURATE
LAURETH-5 CARBOXYLIC ACID
COCAMIDOPROPYL BETAINE
SODIUM CHLORIDE
GLYCOL DISTEARATE
POLYQUATERNIUM-10
PEG-150 DISTEARATE
PARFUM / FRAGRANCE
PROPYLENE GLYCOL
SODIUM BENZOATE
SODIUM LAUROYL GLUTAMATE
METHYLPARABEN
SALICYLIC ACID
ETHYLPARABEN
SIMMONDSIA CHINENSIS OIL / JOJOBA SEED OIL
PRUNUS ARMENIACA KERNEL OIL / APRICOT KERNEL OIL
TOCOPHERYL ACETATE
2-OLEAMIDO-1,3-OCTADECANEDIOL
INULIN
SODIUM HYDROXIDE
LACTIC ACID

CONDITIONERS:

FIL Code: D35682/1

MIZANI
True Textures Curl Replenish Intense Moisturizing Masque

INGREDIENTS

AQUA / WATER
CETEARYL ALCOHOL
AMODIMETHICONE
BEHENTRIMONIUM CHLORIDE
CETYL ESTERS
PARFUM / FRAGRANCE
TRIDECETH-6
METHYLPARABEN
SORBIC ACID
SODIUM SALICYLATE
TOCOPHERYL ACETATE
CETRIMONIUM CHLORIDE
CI 47005 / YELLOW 10
INULIN
COUMARIN
CI 14700 / RED 4

FIL Code: D34626/1

MIZANI
True Textures Cleansing Cream Conditioning Curl Wash

INGREDIENTS

AQUA / WATER
CETEARYL ALCOHOL
HYDROXYPROPYL STARCH PHOSPHATE
BEHENTRIMONIUM CHLORIDE
SODIUM COCOAMPHOPROPIONATE
AMODIMETHICONE
PROPYLENE GLYCOL
PARFUM / FRAGRANCE
METHYLPARABEN
TOCOPHERYL ACETATE
INULIN
TRIDECETH-6
CHLORHEXIDINE DIHYDROCHLORIDE
CETRIMONIUM CHLORIDE

STYLING:

FIL Code: D35818/1

MIZANI
True Textures Perfect Curl Defining Cream Gel

INGREDIENTS

AQUA / WATER
DIMETHICONE
GLYCERIN
SORBITOL
PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM / MINERAL OIL
PROPYLENE GLYCOL
PEG/PPG-4/12 DIMETHICONE
GUAR HYDROXYPROPYLTRIMONIUM CHLORIDE
PHENOXYETHANOL
PARFUM / FRAGRANCE
POLYQUATERNIUM-37
PVP
METHYLPARABEN
VP/DIMETHYLAMINOETHYLMETHACRYLATE COPOLYMER
DISODIUM EDTA
TOCOPHERYL ACETATE
ETHYLPARABEN
INULIN
PPG-1 TRIDECETH-6
COUMARIN
TRIETHANOLAMINE
PHOSPHORIC ACID

FIL Code: D35819/1

MIZANI
True Textures Moisture Stretch Curl Extending Cream

INGREDIENTS

AQUA / WATER
PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM / MINERAL OIL
CETEARYL ALCOHOL
PETROLATUM
BEHENTRIMONIUM CHLORIDE
GLYCERIN
CETYL ESTERS
AMODIMETHICONE
PARFUM / FRAGRANCE
METHYLPARABEN
VP/DIMETHYLAMINOETHYLMETHACRYLATE COPOLYMER
TOCOPHERYL ACETATE
INULIN
TRIDECETH-6
CETRIMONIUM CHLORIDE
METHYLISOTHIAZOLINONE
COUMARIN

Nightingale

On the Grow and Keeping it Simple
I just got my email response from them, KC beat me posting it.

Anyway, I won't purchase anything from this line. I was only interested in the stretch cream, but I hate the ingredients. Oh well.

Chromia

Oh, those are the ingredients. :ohwell: I figured Mizani would have parabens, mineral oil, petrolatum, etc. Well, I'm happy to cross Mizani True Textures off of my "products to try" list. I'm a PJ and I have too many things on my list anyway.

Aggie

Those ingredients sure look terrible to me as well. Hmm, I have to give this one second thoughts and honestly, I don't think I can use these products. I think I'll pass now.

lisabrown070109

now i know i won't be using it with those ingredients...how the heck can someone charge that much money for a product with mineral oil and petroleum in it? people must think that black women are stupid and that we don't do any reserch on hair care products...really makes me mad!!!!!

Vintageglam

^^^ I think the salicylic acid is for the scalp.

The co-wash and shampoo sound ok. Aside from that everything else is JUNK....

I might try the shampoo and co-wash if I can get my hands on them :perplexed.......

mg1979

now i know i won't be using it with those ingredients...how the heck can someone charge that much money for a product with mineral oil and petroleum in it? people must think that black women are stupid and that we don't do any reserch on hair care products...really makes me mad!!!!!

I sent Mizani an email telling them I would not be using any of their products containing mineral oil or petroleum and I expect more form a company like Mizani. Maybe if we really boycotted these products and all emailed these companies they'd get with it and realize we demand more than these low quality ingredients! I think they will keep using them until it effects their bottom line. I need to send Keracare an email too, because I notice a lot of their products have mineral oil or petroleum.

Transformer

I purchased the entire system--it is extremely disappointing. It leaves a your hair stiff like a wax or styling gel has been applied---I hate styling gel.

Regardless of the your hair type, I would recommend using the styling cream for loose waves versus the gel for curly styles. The gel will turn your hair into an afro. For my wash and gos, I've achieved better results with Qhemets Honey and Olive Oil.

LaToya28

I bought the shampoo, curl replenish conditioner, and moisture stretch conditioner--wasn't impressed at all! I loved Mizani products when I was relaxed, but this line didn't seem to do anything for me. I returned them and got my $58 back.

Transformer

I bought the shampoo, curl replenish conditioner, and moisture stretch conditioner--wasn't impressed at all! I loved Mizani products when I was relaxed, but this line didn't seem to do anything for me. I returned them and got my $58 back.

Yep, I paid about that much for all five products but since I purchased from a "wholesaler" I can't return. It was worse that I imagined. I haven't used the cleansing conditioner yet thought...but the other products are awful--I'll give them to DH.

glamazon386

A Mizani Rep came into the salon yesterday while I was getting my hair done. She did a presentation on the True Textures products. I didn't particularly care for her presentation and in all honesty she rubbed me the wrong way (that's another can of worms :rolleyes:). She also seemed a little irritated when I commented on the ingredients. She let us look at the the products and touch them so I figured I'd share.

I know a lot of us had been looking for a list of ingredients. I've had a hard time finding them in BSSs and the rep said more than likely it's because they are not supposed to have them. :look: The products are supposed to be for professional use only. I'm sure a BSS in my area will have them soon though for us DIYers. I'm gonna keep looking. The stylist didn't seem like she was all that impressed so I doubt she will order the products. She was more interested in the straightening products from another Mizani line.

Most of the products contain paraffinum liquidim/mineral oil, cones and parabens. The Perfect Curl and Moisture Stretch had the PL/MO in the first 5 ingredients. The curl cleansing cream and the shampoo did not and are also sulfate free. The Curl Replenish was PL/MO free too. I was really only interested in the curl cleansing cream though. Has anybody tried it?

Last edited:
I purchased the full system. It does not do much for your curl pattern, but did make my hair super soft so that I could brush it into a ponytail with my denman brush. It serves a purpose, just not the purpose of enhancing curls.

CrissieD

I think that all hair products are jumping into the organic or natural or curly game. It's part of business. But in regards to Mizani did anyone see the Mizani's hair type classificastion? if so what did you think? For me, I found the pictures the most helpful, because i always thought that i was a zig-zag very coiled but comes out to be that I might be a coiled. Anyhow for those who didn't see the website is below.

http://www.mizani-usa.com/?m=86&rid=300

Enjoy!

This system seems a lot easier to use that the one on Naturally Curly. Maybe this should be the official LHCF hair typing system

prettyinpurple

Just saw the line in Ulta this evening.

Was not impressed with the ingredients in the white cream in a jar (stretch cream). Their regular hair butters have better ingredients.

Didn't like the smell of the shampoo (very fake smell to me). Need to go back and look at the curl cleansing cream actually.

glamazon386

I found the products at a new BSS in my area. I tried the curl cleansing creme and it was just okay. Not bad but I wasn't impressed either. I doubt I'll buy it again. I'd be better off cowashing with a thick conditioner.

sithembile

I will pass as well...why did they have to add SALICYLIC ACID.? Who is that a hair ingredient?

^^^ I think the salicylic acid is for the scalp.

The co-wash and shampoo sound ok. Aside from that everything else is JUNK....

I might try the shampoo and co-wash if I can get my hands on them :perplexed.......

ITA salicylic acid is sometimes included in dandruff shampoos.

PR I found these products at Harvey Nichols, was considering purchasing the cleansing cream but I came running to this thread for reviews. I think I'm going to pass.

DMJ's Mom

Bought the cowash cream and it came with the stretch cream. I'll probably put them in my gym bag for after my work outs