Most Expensive Hair Product You Spent Money On...

Sherbetcane

Well did it work? And Will you buy it again?
I bought

Phytospecific Night Treatment: The Best Purchase I made this year. Will definitely buy again

J.f Lazartigue Pre Poo Shea Butter Mask: Good but there are cheaper alternatives. Wont buy again

Rene Furterer Karite No Rinse Cream and Deep Conditioner: Totally worth the bucks but wont buy again

Kerastase Ciment Thermique: Totally in love with everything here. Will buy again.

I'd love to know what u splurged on and if it was worth the price...

Thanks in advance

divatude

keracare humecto in the tub it cost me 28 dollars

i will buy it again becuz it works extremely well for my new growth

beans4reezy

WEN- the 32 oz. bottles cost me like $40.00. Unfortunately for my wallet, my hair loves to be cleansed with WEN, so I will always repurchase.

TwistNMx

Volcanic Ash.
I've had it for at least 3 years, afraid to use it...not sure what it will do to my hair. Just wasted my money. :nono:
Well, I ordered it and did not want to pay shipping. Maybe I'll give it a try soon. :spinning:

melissa-bee

Nexxus emergencee i've only bought twice. It worked very well for my relaxed hair, but my transitioning hair doesn't so hopefully my natural hair won't either. I don't think i'll buy it again anyway.

mccray689

softliss bkt, i would buy it again it definitely strengthened my hair and made it more manageable and reverted properly.

VictoriousBrownFlower

karens body beautiful luscious locks hair mask. I just spent $40.00 on 16 oz but this stuff works miracles on my hair. I will be repurchasing...

AlliCat

This thread is kinda worthless without prices :look:

Redken Heat Glide was about $25. Great product and a little goes a long way, will repurchase. Another expensive product was Cathy Howse UBH deep conditioner; $20 for a small-ish bottle. Never again, made my hair a hard tangled mess.

ETA - JBCO was kinda expensive too. $20 for a small 8 oz bottle. Well worth it though :love5:

Last edited:

Sherbetcane

This thread is kinda worthless without prices :look:

Redken Heat Glide was about $25. Great product and a little goes a long way, will repurchase. Another expensive product was Cathy Howse UBH deep conditioner; $20 for a small-ish bottle. Never again, made my hair a hard tangled mess.

ETA - JBCO was kinda expensive too. $20 for a small 8 oz bottle. Well worth it though :love5:

redkens heat glide is on my wish list.

wavezncurlz

LHCF addict
all of Ms. Jessie's products - and the only one I like is the baby buttercreme on my daughters. I only buy it in Dec when they have the BOGO. I've found other comparable products since then but I still love the smell and consistency of the baby buttercreme. I won't repurchase any of the other products though.

nique3

all of Ms. Jessie's products - and the only one I like is the baby buttercreme on my daughters. I only buy it in Dec when they have the BOGO. I've found other comparable products since then but I still love the smell and consistency of the baby buttercreme. I won't repurchase any of the other products though.

What other products have you found to replace miss jessies? I've been on the search for something else.

Nyssa28

My Maxiglide - I love it and yes I would buy it again. I used it yesterday to straighten prior to flexi rodding my hair.

Kneechay

I think as far as hair product itself, I'd have to say Kinky Curly Curling Custard. If I recall correctly, it was like $20. To me as a natural head, that's expensive. I don't think anything for natural people should cost more than $10...and THAT's pushing it. I think the KCCC is okay but it makes my hair kinda hard; I rarely use it.

As far as other things, maybe my flat iron, Tool Science, like $85.

mzsophisticated26

I don't buy unless the price is right...lol.. but the most expensive is my joico k-pak reconstructor 5oz tube was $19.00. I still buy it but wait for JCPenney BOGO sales

appliance would be my chi iron $85...i use it but i want a better flat iron i am tired of it snagging

Last edited:

*Frisky*

The most I have spent on a hair appliance was for the Maxiglide.

The most I have spent on a hair product was for Dudley's DRC 28.

IrisDaVirus

Paul Mitchell Tea Tree Special shampoo - Between $27 - $30 for a 33 ounce bottle. It's a total keeper not only for myself but the whole household. I only buy it when I run across a deal. Buy one get one half off or buy one get one free.

Last edited:

Aireen

Biolage Hydratherapie Conditioning Balm = $26 (around there) : CRAPCRAPCRAPCRAPCRAPCRAP in an overly small tube. Did nothing for my hair. I was really excited for this too because of the description, raves, packaging, smell, etc. but it was just pathetic. To avoid wasting my money I used it as a prepoo and it didn't do much better.

AG Moisture Kit (Basically the old moisturizing shampoo, conditioner, and shine spritz in a kit. They changed the packaging recently so the formula might be different now.) = $20 : My stylist uses a leave in from this brand and uses the shine spritz so it's a good brand in general but the shampoo left my hair dry, knotted and overly clean. The only good thing about the shampoo was the scent, colour, and consistancy; sweet candy scent, cute light pink colour, and not overly runny. The conditioner on the other hand was lovely, good if you want to try something new from time to time. The spritz is VERY good for shine, I was so sad when it was done. Expensive if you buy them separately, especially for the size, I guess you to take the bad shampoo to get the two other good products to save money.

LifeafterLHCF

This may not be expensive to most of you ladies but as a transitioning college student it is..Salerm Wheat Germ Conditioner..It was heavenly I just can't do 20.00 plus tax all that much

missykeyana

Sedu 1" Ionic Ceramic Pro Flat Iron, >$100 (I can't remember, it's been several years back). Good flat iron, but I have bad technique. Probably would not repurchase because I rarely straighten my hair and I'm not that skilled at doing so.

SimpleKomplexity

keracare humecto in the tub it cost me 28 dollars

i will buy it again becuz it works extremely well for my new growth

I agree this and that GVP Flat iron were my most expensive purchases. Oh yeah, when I was a newbie i tried the phyto relaxer that cost $50. At the time I loved it and said I would stick to it...but now...no thanks.

JJamiah

Mine was $150 for my HerStyler Flat Iron; and $45 for my Herstyler Serum :)
I will repurchase both LOVE THEM (if I needed another flat iron), and love the ease of going to the mall and picking up my serum.

KurlyNinja

Infiniti by Conair 100% Ceramic Plates Flat Iron - $80

I will probably not be repurchasing. Not because its not a good flat iron, but because the next time I buy a new flat iron (hopefully not any time soon) I hope to upgrade to a more expensive line. This one is fine for now though.

discodumpling

Alter Ego Garlic hot oil treatment 36.99 worth EVERY penny. I will repurchase.
Kuz DC's $19.99 & up per jar...love these products and will continue to purchase.

TwistNMx

I got samples of this stuff about 3 years ago and my hair said "you've got to be joking.....right?"
It made my hair fall out....all of them!

NaturalBoss

Long Hair Lovers ---- It was a set that came with a shampoo bar, conditioner, leave-in and some kind of shea butter stuff. All organic. I probably spent at least $60, but I believe it was closer to $90. The ingredients seemed really good, but it wasn't worth it at all and I will never buy any of that stuff again.

My hair is doing much better with the cheap stuff: Aussie Moist, HE HH, V05, etc. I've found that I don't need anything expensive to grow my hair long. My hair is probably the healthiest it's been since I've been using the cheap stuff. I also use Keracare Sulfate Free shampoo, but I only buy it when it's buy 1, get 1 for 88 cents at JC Penney.

lizzyb168

The mizani range. But it was worth every penny. My hair and mizani is like bread and butter. The perfect match.