My 1 Year Updates! PIC heavy**

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
I Bc'd June 5, 2009.. and then again on June 20th. I think I may have trimmed a bit too much the first few months following my BC because of the fear of scab hair .. I do not have enough hair yet for a single puff.. but I can do two :grin:.

I am happy with my 1 year progress and look forward to the next 6 months. Can't wait to see where I will be by December 2010.

Here was my first BC 6/5/09. It was at 2am and was sooooo random. My last relaxer was March 2009. I was alllllmost APL and I decided it was natural now or never

THROWBACK::

BC COMPARISON::

2AM CUT:: I was excited!!!

I only rocked my natural hair out that weekend..
It was fun.. but I am on a mission for healthy LONG natural hair

Then on 6/20 I cut it again.
For the fear of scab hair, and to rid my head of any leftover permies that I missed

October 2009 comparison

December 2009

May 2010 length shots

These pics were taken at 2am this morning 7/2/10.

Before detangling

Drenched with conditioner after detangling

Blown out afro puffs..

Regimen

I blow out my natural hair and keep my hair in cornrows for 3-5 weeks at a time and wear wigs as my PS of choice.. I do my entire regimen while in cornrows and detangle the day before my new set.

o Shampoo and DC w/ steam Mondays
o Cowash 2-3 times a week
o Moisturize daily
o GA: mt+sulfur+ peppermint oil+ wheat germ oil+ MN at least 3x a week
o Castor oil on edges daily (to avoid thinning due to full wigs and LF wigs)
o Baggy EVERY SINGLE night (whole head)

Right now I am in the process of using up my product stash.. so my conditioners/ shampoos are not exclusive to one kind.. I use whatever I have on deck.

Last edited:

hopeful

The blown out puffs are so cute, your hair looks so healthy and happy. Congrats on the wonderful progress.

Aicer

Your hair looks really healthy. CONGRATS on going natural and your progress!

Sianna

Congrats on the growth/retention!! Your hair looks beautiful and healthy!!

Love them afro puffs too! :yep:

vestaluv1

Lovin' the 2 puffs... very nice.
You're doing really well. Your hair looks healthy and gorgeous and as a bonus IT'S GROWN A LOT :grin:. Keep up the good work.

Kneechay

I LOVE Your hair!!! I think you can do one puff. Your hair grows fast too. I cant wait to see year 2.